The reality of farming in RO

Started by Kolby, Nov 14, 2016, 05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolby

You know I used to believe(still believe) people earn their money through endless hours of farming and grinding but it has come to light recently incident such as these below kinda make me rethink to myself, is there any other uncovered bugs available or how many of these abuses are actually going on in servers?

Not sure if they are a genius or what, but you gotta admit man they are creative although it kinda disappoints me a little. I'll tell you another story, around this time last year(Or was it december) I screen shotted a conversation I had with this guy who claimed he can dupe Zenys and Items among other things and I recently found out there's a thing called AHK FARMING. Makes you wonder huh?

Ah I can't get the Mi Gao abuse picture ah well. What are your thoughts?

Searching for friends is hard
Searching for companionship is harder
Be grateful to those who accompany you
On this Road, like the Wayfarer(A Person Travelling) finding it's way back home!

Playing since: 2004

yC

At least it is farming, it consume time to farm and the rate vary on servers.  If it is dupe it can be much worse.  You can't really stop them when you invent something to block third party program there are always people try to work around it :/

About the soil farm, I believe that is up to the server.  The mob skill can be changed or disabled to avoid the situation, it cause huge overhead on the server too so it is the server's best to patch it.

Playtester

There are a lot of smart farming strategies in RO which I wouldn't even consider an exploit, although they play a bit like one. But learning exact positioning and stuff isn't really easy work. Figuring out the weird mechanics of RO is half the charm.

Also you may be able to trap several Byorgues with Icewall, but what's the point? The don't resummon their slaves until hours later. Unless it's customized on the private server.

1839,Byorgue@NPC_SUMMONSLAVE,idle,196,2,10000,1000,60000000,no,self,slavele,1,1829,1830,,,,,
1839,Byorgue@NPC_SUMMONSLAVE,chase,196,2,10000,1000,60000000,no,self,slavele,1,1829,1830,,,,,
1839,Byorgue@NPC_SUMMONSLAVE,attack,196,2,10000,1000,60000000,no,self,slavele,1,1829,1830,,,,,

60000 seconds between summons = 1000 minutes = 16.67 hours.

ggwp

IIRC those byorgues resummon their slave if their slave only number 1. ex : byorgue spawn both guardian , someone kill bow guardian , byorgue spawn a new guardian pair (now 2 sword and 1 bow). Similar to how Ifrit kasa + salamander summon slave.

Zereges

Quote from: Playtester on Nov 15, 2016, 05:55 AM
There are a lot of smart farming strategies in RO which I wouldn't even consider an exploit, although they play a bit like one. But learning exact positioning and stuff isn't really easy work. Figuring out the weird mechanics of RO is half the charm.

Also you may be able to trap several Byorgues with Icewall, but what's the point? The don't resummon their slaves until hours later. Unless it's customized on the private server.

1839,Byorgue@NPC_SUMMONSLAVE,idle,196,2,10000,1000,60000000,no,self,slavele,1,1829,1830,,,,,
1839,Byorgue@NPC_SUMMONSLAVE,chase,196,2,10000,1000,60000000,no,self,slavele,1,1829,1830,,,,,
1839,Byorgue@NPC_SUMMONSLAVE,attack,196,2,10000,1000,60000000,no,self,slavele,1,1829,1830,,,,,

60000 seconds between summons = 1000 minutes = 16.67 hours.
It used to be one minute in attack (and still is on some servers).
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta RheĆ®> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Orange

There's also mi gao duping, i havn't played for years when I was last playing it started getting patched out on most servers - I was doing it on lowrates mostly for powerlevelling(get a party of level 70's and have one be a wizard, start meteor storming hundreds of mi gao's a minute and you're all 99 pretty fast even on 5x)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms2hn20VmaE

Edit: just saw you mentioned the mi gao thing. Ah wells. Other "cheese strats" I've seen/done

have a couple alchemists spam plant cultivation making mushrooms while another spams cart revolution to push them back(some servers allow mushrooms to stack from memory so was super easy) - then kill them all, this gives you a tonne of alcohol, karvo, crystal blue, red blood and things like old blue boxes with mimic cards. Depending on the server all those items are valuable, it's also legit the fastest way to farm karvo on some servers. My guild did this and they did cheat using AHK and it was super fast, I've done it legitimately and while it's slow it can be worth doing still

AFK alchemist, shouldn't really have to explain this to anyone but you afk with homunculus farming at mavka's. Free exp and sharp leaves

100 perfect dodge is achievable 'easily' - I use to make an assassin with it on lowrates, some things you could do included mobbing everything in juperous_01(you can do this without pdodge but it takes effort) which results in some pretty insane exp/zeny. Tank valkyrie's, again not exactly the most amazing thing but it meant you could just auto attack it with an assassin and hunter dual cliented, alt tab and wait for your free valk shield.
:3

snowblind

game is old, I guess most of these exploits have been known for years. Though I wonder how many actual zeny dupes still exist in current emulators due to bad coding/scripting. WoE guilds in particular would probably try to keep them secret.