Harmony or Vanguard?

Started by KaneJcoke, Nov 27, 2010, 04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaneJcoke

Hello everyone,

I am making this topic because I'd like to establish, with your help, what of these two anti-cheat softwares are the "best". When trying to determine what software to use on a server you of course want the best security possible. Hope someone would be able to state their knowledge here as I am interested in finding out.

• What software would you say is the best one? Why?

Whats the positive aspects of the two softwares but also the negative ones?

Please keep your responses separated between the two softwares in your response.

Thank you, in advance, for replying.

datme

I'm not exactly sure since I don't run a server nor have ever really looked into security software but:

Positive:
Grf control, definitely.

Negative:
Heard it crashes a lot of players
Heard it's laggy.

Then again, the last 2 are only rumors.

AquarRO

best way is to buy a server with the hoster that provide a anti cheat like Frantech ? if i remember correctly also don't buy those stupid anti cheat that cost 200-350$ i think it was GameGuard? or Vanguard or something. I remember when i was working at LuminaRO . 100 of people have a problem to connect server cause the guard wont let people in because of they antivirus so :p / i remember MicRO was doing some .grf? something that was blocking all those bot or wpe cheat and it work and it's free so :O i seen many those anti cheat program and at the end people still bot so it not worth to pay 300-350$ try to use those eathena anti cheat project it's help :O

DarkDevine

I can say some stuff about Harmony, I don't know about the other ones, though.

Pros:
- OpenKore gave up on breaking through it after v2 (It's in v3 currently)
- Included RO Window Manager that lets you add new Windows to the client that can be handled server-side
- Included GRF Protection
- Blocks any kind of third party tools that are known yet
- The creator (Sirius_White) is also a member of the Diff-Team for RO clients, so he's quite updated about new stuff

Cons:
- The price (400$ currently afaik)
- It blocks programs like ROCha/RCX as well (Sirius_White is working on that, just look at his blog)
- Sirius_White isn't available much since he moved to another city

Actually, Harmony is more than a bot protection, it's more of a all-around client modification engine that lets you add interesting stuff to the client. The bot protection is kind of a side-effect of that.
Though, I forgot about the other stuff it does, it's written in his blog somewhere.
TotalRO - 10x/10x