So finaly private server , don't make it.

Started by rezard, Feb 09, 2008, 03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rezard

Hum , this topic is not a flame or anything , but a simple constant. (excuse my lame english)

To day i was bored , so i decided to take a look around some private server , i tested around 50,  the first things i got on my sight is originality.

Most of them where just "the same" , only the server name change , but if thou look deeper into the server thou can found the same feelings , i know this can look a thread of a lasy one , but no ,my interest for ro is still the same and after some years of play.

What i mean by this is .. take 5 server , rate is not that much different , one  have 200Z healer , others are free , main town for one is prontera , other one use alpha prontera and the others use payon at main town , is only minor differences , thus the community can differ , but is a little.

The main troubles with all private server is originality now .. good custom server is extremly rare , and the one who "look" good , got a to much comunity , is bad caus some of thems have a great potential..

first is Mouro and is great pvm and skill revisit .. yes this server got great idea for skill modification.

Next is blackdawn ro , the admin seen to be smart to add some idea i wanted to see (Ex knight with spear quicken) , but... again the community is horrible and except the skill tree change.. the serv is a "I modify some files , and hop i set the server on"

Next is garo , is a french server , the most customised (yes more than Mouro) , but is down for an unknow periodes.. and again the lack of communit don't make it

The troubles with all of these are... yes indeed the community , peoples don't like huge customisation , because they differ to much form the original.
But if thou want to go on a original server... official or official-like (Yes X1 rate) is the best.

Next i don't know why there is much server , i remember the "departure" of the private area where only some pserv where open and the gm got a real works on them (i don't say gm do nothings to day.. but less).

Now wee see around 1 new server every days or more , the point ?.. there is no.

I think , all gms , are out of idea , so they start to copy others one features , and we see this on most of server.

Last is.. the drop rates , yes is a great matter , 99% of the server is know have a bad rates , ex if a server rate is 5/5/5 , with a community of 500 well.. is okay .. thou can get an item without camping ower an years... but if the server community is arround 15~80.. well the drop rates don't make it , first you can't find the needed item , second your chars will be (is an exemple) level 90 , with.. a gear of level 50 .. the troubles ?.. can get what you need.. the only way is hard-farming.

Hum i don't know... maybe my brain is a litte off now.