Flaming

Started by Guest, Mar 14, 2008, 12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

so im curious, i've seen tons and tons of flamers lately and im just like really curious....

whats the point? like wat do u get from insulting someone? it baffles me so im asking you guys =/ (not that im saying any of you are flamers or anything) but why do ppl flame each other? @_@

MrrgleCaek

- E-go.
- "The other person has undone me! I shall carry my vengance" (or in other words, if they feel offended, they'll squabble back at the thing that's "harming" them).
- For the hell of it.
- That's all they know how to settle with opposing views.
- It's the internet for crying out loud, good mannered discussions are hard to come by here...
- Human nature, naturally, we seem to adore violence and conflict.
- Grammer lack, or, lack of grammer.
- People seem to be real offended being insulting by a complete stranger they don't even know in real life...
- "justice must be carried out! My point must be clear to them! How can they ignore my point, which is by all means the right one!" (or in other words, some are narrowminded, pround, or just plain stubborn, and anything opposite from their point of view means they automatically think the other is insulting them).

Those'r my theories there uh JJJ, but I'm sure a real "flamer" can answer your question, hell, they may make my theories into facts.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: JJJ on Mar 14, 2008, 12:59 AM
so im curious, i've seen tons and tons of flamers lately and im just like really curious....

whats the point? like wat do u get from insulting someone? it baffles me so im asking you guys =/ (not that im saying any of you are flamers or anything) but why do ppl flame each other? @_@

You see, when two people don't like each other very much...

phranxis

so if i insult your M*****F****** mother.

what will you do?

TheD4edalus

Of course I'd retaliate by insulting your whole family!

It doesn't always happen on purpose, you know. People can flame by accident. Or not even mean too, but sound like they are trying too. =/

OHNOES!

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Quote from: phranxis on Mar 14, 2008, 09:00 AM

what will you do?

I'll probably say you're bad at this. f*** mother"? What the hell?

phranxis

Quote from: Anti-Static Foam Cleaner on Mar 14, 2008, 11:22 AM
Quote from: phranxis on Mar 14, 2008, 09:00 AM

what will you do?

I'll probably say you're bad at this. f*** mother"? What the hell?

i dont know if ill take that as an insult or a compliment

AlviN

FLAME!!! well theyre jus a born sucker in real life...  :D
pack that sheet!

lrellok

I generally place habitual flamers in the same category as people who consider KSing a valid leveling tactic (one order of ban hammer coming up, would you like fries with that?).
The most dangerous thing a GM can do is to play NPC combatants as if they have brains, goals, and the desire to remain alive.
-Abulafia from WOTC boards

I have not failed, I have simply found 10,000 ways that don't work. -Thomas Edison