RCX Help ?

Started by Gummy Bear, Dec 28, 2010, 03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gummy Bear

Hello all im new to RCX(i just recently found out about it tonight) and i mainly just want to use it for the gutter/grid lines.  The thing is, most of the guides dont explain into detail what to do for people who are unsure >.< i know you have to change certain values in the .ini file but i cant find a guide for the latest (only) current version available.. I know i need the private server ip as well and im not sure how to find that out.
Can anyone help me set up RCX ? Currently using the latest stable version, 052D and im playing the Heavenlymaidenro (for the ip)

Any help would be really appreciated!

Relics

IP should be in sclientinfo.xml, either located in Ragnarok/Data or in the sdata/data.grf

RCX.. heh, now that's something you don't see often here. It's more ""actively"" discussed on iRO forums, and all the other guides on the net are either in moonspeak language so yeah..

Wikebine

1.Change (ShowBBE=0) to (ShowBBE=1)
2.get the IP like Relics said and put it at the bottom of the .ini
3.Change (Dir=C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO) to the Folder your RO server is, and change (ROClientExeName=) to (ROClientExeName=Ragnarok.exe) and rename your server's exe to Ragnarok.exe.

Also, if your server is using renewal/renewal client, you may have to change the last step to "RagnarokRE.exe". And if it isnt Renewal, I'd suggest changing (RenewalSystem=1) to (RenewalSystem=0)

and that should do it
You seem kinda mad. Why are you mad? You seem really mad, but I'm not quite sure why. Could you explain your anger using logical means? What legitimate reason do you have for being mad?

Gummy Bear

Yeah,i noticed that Relics :) and thanks.

And thanks a lot Wikebine!

I have done everything except find the IP x.x...ive used the GRF tools and GRF factory to open the data files since i didnt see an sclientinfo.xml anywhere, but im not sure what im looking for O.o. I just see thousands of scripting files and images and scanning through them i dont really see anything resembling an ip. Im looking in sdata/data/and even hmdata. Any idea what its prefix filename is coded as, i.e. most of the files are like data\sprite or data\texture. sorry im such a nub... >.<
Posted on: Dec 28, 2010, 03:55 am
Quote from: Gummy Bear on Dec 28, 2010, 11:55 AM
Yeah,i noticed that Relics :) and thanks.

And thanks a lot Wikebine!

My last question is, i have finally found the clientinfo lol. ITs address is not an IP but a host name in this case the website, will it still work in place of the ip of the server?

Tom~

<address>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</address>
That's where the IP of the server is located inside of clientinfo.xml/sclientinfo.xml

Good luck!

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Gummy Bear

haha yes thanks Tom, ive just found it, i just edited my post above as you posted yours xD. They have a hostname, this case the sites url, as the ip. Will that make any difference opposed to just having the servers number IP?

I edited the .ini file correctly, and typed in the right port in the GPS box. But after setting my ID(thats just my login name for the char. server right?) and the server name( i guess just heavenly maiden ro?), rag doesnt open when i click launch ragnarok x.x. Should i perhaps use an older version or would that matter at all?

as of this point i know ive edited the .ini correctly,besides the IP because im not sure what to set heavenlymaidenro.com= ? and i at least have the right port for the server.