Population Preference?

Started by tomosuke, Feb 11, 2010, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomosuke

Do you like it crowded? Or do you want a fresh new server with a population less than 100?

Honestly, I'm wondering why people put population requests, though I am guilty of this, I can't grasp entirely my want for a low-population/new server.

Sarin

I prefer around 100-ish population. I don't really like when there's a dozen of people at my leveling spot, and also I hate crowded towns...but I like having someone to talk to around.

Yukino

I like a population of around 50. It's nice to know almost all the players and befriend them if possible. A large population would lag me, and it's hard to find good help or friends with just so much going on. Also, the population isn't too small where you would just talk to yourself. There would be enough economy and resources being distributed, and the staff will be able to focus more on player suggestions (instead of having a spam of them... where some may repeat themselves). I just prefer the friendliness of a smaller community.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Usagimimi

Depends on my mood. Population must always be above 80 for me, but as high as 1300 is great. I love seeing people active. As long as people are active, I'm content. Low population servers, around 80, have a better-knit community, but bigger servers have a type of intrigue, too.

xKyriex

I like a moderate size of at least 20-40 or so players. Server I play now is below that but hoping that number will increase over time. =3

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Loki

Over 9000. Is a no-go for me.

I prefer around 300~100ish average.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Judgement

Large server.  More players mean more competition and also more people to party with.  WoE is usually more competitive and
the server looks more lively.  Also means that my time and effort won't go to waste in my opinion.
Super Smash Brothers 64!

Tom~

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Sev

Kaezar

I only prefer >500 population if I'm trying to make money through vending  ;D
But generally, the lower the population, the lower the chance of encountering noobs (or, well, I keep hoping...). The server I'm playing on now just started, so.. :)

DeliciousItaly

Quote from: xKyriex on Feb 12, 2010, 12:47 AM
I like a moderate size of at least 20-40 or so players. Server I play now is below that but hoping that number will increase over time. =3

:3 Me too~ More community, and when there's too many people around I tend to get kind of shy, not to mention...the less people there...the more likely everyone will be to SPEAK f*** ENGLISH.

Khaine

Quote from: Serenity on Apr 09, 2010, 04:17 AM
I'm just trying to get laid.
Quote from: HiddenIts time for kickin donkey or chewing bubble gum. And i'm all outta bubble gum.

The Rape

10-200 as server population in my opinion, If it's only about the server community, I want it large enough where in i still have good chances to level,hunt,quest,MVP,pvp, english or w/e, and chill with friends timely in a way

Xarale

200+ players is my preference.  I don't mind lower, as long as the population is growing.