PK on or off?

Started by sccmindgames, Feb 02, 2021, 02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sccmindgames

what is the reasons why people like or dislike PK in ragnarok? I've seen a lot of servers that are PK only on mvp maps, but that doesn't really give the full feel of OWPVP. I've played my share of both and honestly speaking playing with PK on with the right settings(ie: non-griefing mechanics with PK enabled) is very fun. My thing is; is PK really a factor to people when finding servers? does it really give the: "oh pk is on? i'll pass"

kaeyih3

Depends on how u look at it. Indeed PK servers are fun. But only for those who are really know what they are doing and able to kill.
As for new players that need to figure out stuff and prefer to farm quietly, i dont think is a fun experience that keep ambushed by skilled players when they have no intention to fight and just farming.

So different perspective, one is to able to kill ppl everyone.

And one more kind is, i would like to be left alone while farming, if u wan pvp, go to pvp room.

I guess just attracting different crowds. hahaha
And i agree with both.

Aqua
www.aquaragnarok.com
Owner of AquaRO, highrate 255/120 Frost semifarm server.

trailer of my server
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcokNRyf-PI&ab_channel=aquaragnarok

Mitsuna

The point is there are several maps people tend to farm and there are alot of ppl who just PK others out of fun.

If you're new and want to farm zeny for starters and PK is allowed, you'll pretty much get killed nearly everytime without hesitation. So you'll lose your fun on playing on this server pretty much.
I already played on several PK Servers and the problems are nearly most the same, you get either camped or many ppl group together to kill newbies out of fun on certain maps.

There are like 10% of people who PK others just to protect mvp.

distilled1

Yeah I turn down PVP servers for those reasons people have already said.
However, it might be kind of interesting to play a server that only allows PVP between players who are the same level.
Or some kind of system where you can challenge someone to a duel, and if they refuse while they're your same level, they gain cowardice points or something.
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

Naruto

maybe cause hunter archer scale of dex and are impossible to dodge really without specialized gear/stats

sccmindgames

mmm. really solid points. Im at the assumption that every server out there that has tried PK hasn't really looked at the spread of how to keep it fun and viable, but also keeping greifing lowbies or even in general to a bare minimum. PK is fun and it just sucks that a lot of people are stuck in a bubble that ro pservers can only do this thing or that thing. never both. not blaming anyone on this thread just in general.

LawlessRO

Open world PK is the really the best way to play. You have to find a server that has a balance and arcade style play to appreciate open world PK. If the players take the PK side too personally they will obviously look to play PVE. That's why it's important try new styles and not limit your experiences to PVE. In my opinion more experienced players enjoy open PK.

plarr

I actually think the idea of Player Killing is something that should be rewarded, remember nightmare mode?? I also think that the idea, that you should have the option or obligation to do Player Killing as, something that can be either something that occurs because of the location, or something that is occurring because of condition's being fulfilled, it is actually kind of funny when a knight is inside the entrance of ant hell using "spiral pierce" on anything that enters into the map