Need help with hunting for Glove of Orlean's

Started by Bamboo, Nov 04, 2009, 11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bamboo

Hey guys!

I'm having some problems figuring out how to kill bow guardians...
What's the best class for the job?
I played around with the calculator to get a champion build that could 1 hit KO, but the problem is getting close to them... Can't approach, when jumping from pneuma to pneuma, I just get hit midway and die...
I searched around in the forums, and saw the "How to abuse byorgues" thread, but I have no idea how I can lure Byorgue all the way to the entrance portal, without getting killed by the thor mobs on the way...
How do you guys do it?

The rates are 60/60/30, max lvl 99/70, no custom items.
thanks!

mahawirasd

even without custom items at those rates a +9 LBW should be easy and 2 Abysmal cards shouldn't be too hard...

be still when you land after the teleport, make sure there's only you and the bow guardian in view so that you don't become too hasty and/or panic, then SLOWLY pneuma yourself and every 3 cells towards the guardian.

i play halfway around the world from my server (so connection is not that great) and i am not using a champ, just a 99/50 monk, and yes i have on several occasions killed bow guardians... hell i kill sword guardians too with 2 asuras... sure i get my face bashed in, but it's doable...

-w-

Orange

Hope that theres a byorgue on the top row thingy in thors and you might be able to lure it

Does your server have warp strait to thors3?

And, on a well geard pally I lured ifrit from pretty far away from the ent(over half way) to the entrance in about 10 minutes(with warp there and, about 20 box of thunder and agi up) so if you can find a decent pally around, get him to help out.

I'd also suggest(If the server is populated) getting a good tank to hold the byorgue, or a stupid champ will drop in and kill it. :3
:3

Bamboo

thanks for the replies =)
There's no straight warp to Thor 3, so I guess I'll have to get a party going for this...  :)

Sarin

Faster than pneumaing to him is to put one pneuma at yourself when he's at range, second at him and snap in.