Monster skill mechanics and perfect dodge

Started by Lungmosjohnny, Apr 16, 2015, 12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lungmosjohnny

For the last couple of hours I've been trying to mob entire maps with a 100 PD assassin and I have a question about monster skills.

When mobbing the entirety of Bio 2 and Rachel Sanctuary I've had great success, other than when I ran into the MVP of Bio 2.

However in Juperos, Venatus keep skill-spamming me and making it very difficult and frustrating to mob that place..

I don't know much about the mechanics of this game but my theory is that the Venatus have been previously attacked and damaged, which provokes them into spamming attribute/stun/guided attacks? Because when I tried to meteor assault the mob packs in Rachel/Bio, they all went berserk with spells..

I wonder then, how am I supposed to salvage the situation in Juperos and get 'fresh' guys, when they all are in their skill-spam mode?

exii

So even with 100 pd you are not be able to lvl up in juperos? Are you kidding me?
How about to move and pull the mob instead of standing useless around? Back in the days I had an 1 agi pure sb Sinx a server without stat reset and all I used was 2x fortune sword.
If you get permanently hit only thing will help you: move your donkey! Pull a mob, hide yourself and switch to katar after waiting for the last wave of hits (in hide).

Skills never were effected by perfect dodge anyways. Dunno what about monster exclusive skills but dimiks tracking seems with ignore it.
exii - leader of the nonsense army

finest low quality gw2 streams: http://www.twitch.tv/exii_against_the_world

Neku Sakuraba

The only thing I can think of dealing with PD and monster skills is that whenever your character is hit, your PD goes down. If more monsters attack you, your PD decreases rapidly. My only thought is trying to mob them without actually damaging them until later.

- If that wasn't the case and you're being hit while you're doing the initial killing, try backsliding once or twice, hiding, and using katar until they scatter.

Lungmosjohnny

First of all, I'm not refering to solomobbing for katar killing, I'm talking about PD tanking and letting another party member kill. So I will need to be stationary with these mobs on me. Look up those PD vids on youtube, you'll know what I mean.

Biolabs and Rachel works like a charm, but in Jupe the mobs keep spamming me with spells and skills rather than normal attacks, which ruins the entire idea behind stacking 100 Perfect Dodge.

I'm just wondering what prompts the Venatus to spam me, because sometimes I get them all on a nice square missing attacks, sometimes I'm dead in 2 seconds because of their skills.

Zereges

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?mob_name=venatu&page=mob_db&f=1&mob_search=Search

Click for Skill Analysis and you'll find out why they are using skills (becuase, they are defined in this way)
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Lungmosjohnny

THANK you for telling me about that page. So monsters with skills on chase will generally always screw up a PD tank I would guess.

It would also explain why the anolians and venatus keep skill spamming me, must've been someone else who put them into the "attacked" state then.

exii

Quote from: Neku Sakuraba on Apr 16, 2015, 01:23 PM
The only thing I can think of dealing with PD and monster skills is that whenever your character is hit, your PD goes down. If more monsters attack you, your PD decreases rapidly. My only thought is trying to mob them without actually damaging them until later.

- If that wasn't the case and you're being hit while you're doing the initial killing, try backsliding once or twice, hiding, and using katar until they scatter.
You may google what perfect dodge basicly is.

Quote from: Lungmosjohnny on Apr 16, 2015, 02:53 PM
First of all, I'm not refering to solomobbing for katar killing, I'm talking about PD tanking and letting another party member kill. So I will need to be stationary with these mobs on me. Look up those PD vids on youtube, you'll know what I mean.

Biolabs and Rachel works like a charm, but in Jupe the mobs keep spamming me with spells and skills rather than normal attacks, which ruins the entire idea behind stacking 100 Perfect Dodge.

I'm just wondering what prompts the Venatus to spam me, because sometimes I get them all on a nice square missing attacks, sometimes I'm dead in 2 seconds because of their skills.
Basicly a bad idea.
If you want to make a party there you need a sniper with a good portion of dmg with SS or just a steel body monk. Pull your s*** together, head to your party and drop it next to the monk by using fly wing or hide/cloak. When using hide you can swap to katar and do dmg then without pulling mobs to your party. The only thing your party has to consider is to wait till monsters dont need to move to attack the monk anymore to avoid target switch.

PD basicly never was intended to apply cls which can achieve 100 to a godlike state. SinX cant mobs in abyss lake, fe. The gold acidus is doing too much fireball which result in position stucks and you get rooted by the blue one over time. When a monster close up to a specific range they will proc different skills which are more dangerous for you. Every high tier monster has some of that badass skills afaik. Anubis has sonic blow, cecil has sharp shoot (counting as melee if too close), etc etc. There may be some exceptions but not that much then.

Zereges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFnzg3gbes4
No way doing this with champ.
Also, you can mob monster into classical pluck to disable their skils.
(I am not saying that PD sinX > Steel Body. I am just saying that there are certain situations, where PD sinx is better than champion or LK or whatever else)
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

exii

Read the post correctly you want answer:
1. topic was juperos tank
2. I said high tier (or at least dangerous) mobs have skills

Bug abusing is not any kind of common situations. Also working with linked clown so whatever.