Male V Female animation delay

Started by Orange, Jun 16, 2009, 08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolph Zyaber

Think you could update your pictures a few pages earlier when you are describing where to put certain .acts?  Anyway this is kinda awesome but I was wondering about the legitimacy of doing such a thing.  Is there any way for a server to prevent or catch people who do things like this aside from them being blatantly obvious about it?  And because it's something everyone can do with their servers GRF's, where do you begin to even try and stop people?
Bleh

Relics

err.. to be honest, even though I didn't find this out fully.. i also don't wanna be responsible for some major grf patch that will screw things over, because 'edited sprite people' are running around.

So.. for stopping people, i think it's possible to protect your GRF? I read something on the ZN boards that the admin is going to protect his GRF because of all this stuffs..

petz

fluidin

Yeah, it does. At least the male sinx one does, since I've tried it personally.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

petz

when Sonic Blow miss, it does less delay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7FbbJpKY-Q

but if Sonic Blow does damage (even with linked)
like nothing happen ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYrAjky7nRw

I just merge .act (thanks to Relics) in to data.grf
Am I missing something ?

Relics

The linked one seems about normal stacked speed. Don't really know what's going on if you miss..

How fast can you stack without edit when you do damage?

petz

Quote from: Relics on Sep 08, 2009, 04:07 AM
The linked one seems about normal stacked speed. Don't really know what's going on if you miss..

How fast can you stack without edit when you do damage?
I'm not sure, but someone tell me it does a bit less delay with edited grf

I'll do some more test soon
thanks again to every post in this topic  ;)

Relics

Thing is, edits don't actually lower your 'delay' all it does is increase the window of frames where you can input your next attack.. which 'animation' normally overrides.

Even without edit, it's "possible" to stack sonics that fast.. but you have like 0.1 milliseconds to input your attack, but with edit, for example.. it becomes 1 second where you can input your attack.

The only explanation I have for this situation, and I assume that in both vids the only difference is that in the video where you hit, the only -aftercast% is soullink while in the other vid you have no -aftercast% skill/gear at all, the -aftercast delay is lower for skills on your server if you miss.

petz

- Is it possible to spam very fast like WPE or 3rd-party software ?

- in your vid http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DODNDDEM
you have -50% delay headgear instead of Soul of Assassin right ?
thats mean Bragi Poem affect Sonic Blow too ?  in both eAthena and Aegis ?

- so I should have high-ASpd SinX with linked (and bragi poem?) and edited grf for fastest spam ?

very very thanks again and again  ;)

Relics

If you have no -aftercast gear.. then WPE won't do much, once you hit like -100% aftercast with > 180 ASPD, it becomes very hard on the fingers to keep up with the speed, whereas WPE obviously manages to keep up.

I'm not sure about Aegis + bragi, but it works on eAthena..

High aspd sinx, linked + bragi is indeed one hell of a combination with sprite edit.

fluidin

-dont think u can spam as fast as WPE

-yes poem effects skill delays (when possible) and acd on both eA and AEGIS (tried and tested by me on an AEGIS server)

-yes. yes.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

chambalelong07

relic im having problem converting korean to cp1252.. i'm using ROUnicode but  its not converting my files to cp1252.. any idea why? or can you tell me where can i find assasin cross male  thanks..

Relics

-removed-

chambalelong07

Relic i already put the act male files..  now what should i do next? how can i import it back into grf?

Relics

-removed-