List of totally useless RO skills

Started by Relics, Aug 29, 2009, 11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randfeon

It probably has been mentioned already, but lolwhocares
Hermode's Rod / Wand of Hermod. Okay, the song is nice and the concept is interesting, but... 1. it makes you unable to move; 2. it dispels everyone from your guild who goes through it; 3. it does not (or shouldn't, I believe) dispel enemies; 4. it prevents the use of skills; 5. the immunity to magic isn't worth all these downs most of the time; 6. it requires you to be near a portal (which, most of the time, is hard to get to, because you usually warp in way too far away from them).

It was only useful in eAthena 2 or 3 years ago, when it was basically a portable mass dispel that didn't let everyone who's not the user use any skills.

fluidin

Quote from: devilsnevercry on Nov 02, 2009, 01:43 PM
Quote from: fluidin on Nov 01, 2009, 09:43 PM
eh, sry, confused it wif ganban. but lol, it's still not as useless as some others.

ganban and grav are both nice skills, ganban removes, SW, Demonstration, etc etc, its the HW way to say eff your LP.

yep, that's why i tot it was pretty ridiculous someone could say ganban was useless. turns out it was a misread on my part  :P
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Speedwagon

Quote from: Randfeon on Nov 03, 2009, 09:32 AM
It probably has been mentioned already, but lolwhocares
Hermode's Rod / Wand of Hermod. Okay, the song is nice and the concept is interesting, but... 1. it makes you unable to move; 2. it dispels everyone from your guild who goes through it; 3. it does not (or shouldn't, I believe) dispel enemies; 4. it prevents the use of skills; 5. the immunity to magic isn't worth all these downs most of the time; 6. it requires you to be near a portal (which, most of the time, is hard to get to, because you usually warp in way too far away from them).

It was only useful in eAthena 2 or 3 years ago, when it was basically a portable mass dispel that didn't let everyone who's not the user use any skills.

It's basically the world's worst Land Protector.

mahawirasd

well it's in a remote way more useful than LP....

it's WOE
your Prof does not have instacast
the enemy is SG-spamming the portal to the emp room
you and your mates come in and not all got marc/ED and/or good Mdef
whatchu gonna do?

-w-

Usagimimi

I still think First Aid is the most useless :<

Flip

Quote from: Yusifer on Nov 04, 2009, 05:24 AM
I still think First Aid is the most useless :<

A mage in an LR without a vitata card would like to talk to you. Lol.

Randfeon

Quote from: mahawirasd on Nov 04, 2009, 04:01 AM
well it's in a remote way more useful than LP....

it's WOE
your Prof does not have instacast
the enemy is SG-spamming the portal to the emp room
you and your mates come in and not all got marc/ED and/or good Mdef
whatchu gonna do?

-w-
Protect everyone with Hermode's Rod and watch them die because they lost all buffs? lolno

mahawirasd

well at least they have an entry point so that they can make a run for it...
and depending on the situation and geography, it might -just might- be feasible/doable/worth doing...

-w-

Orange

This thread got stupid about 6 pages ago.
:3

Omni

Graffiti is definately one of the most useless skills found in RO. The only thing Graffiti can be used for is dull entertainment at best.

[color=navy]Rates 20/20/20 | MaxLvl 200/120 | MaxStat 200 | 12 Characters per Account | ANTI-BOT | ANTI-WPE | ANTI-KS | Heavily Customized (Storylines, Quests, Items, Maps, Features) | WoE:SE | Homunculus | Mercenaries | Newest Features | Dedicated Server | Randomized WoE System | Endless Tower | Quest Log | Ragnarokrevolution.com

Irrelevant

Flag Graffiti; so pointless no one ever bothered to make it work.

Elements

Quote from: Irrelevant on Nov 06, 2009, 06:25 PM
I'm curious to figure out what idiot actually wrote up, that it would be worked on in the future.
What a guy.

Also, about Grav. Field.
It's a viable way to get around GTB.
Assuming you have a Crit Sin, or something continuously hitting you, you can deal 1200 damage everytime you get hit, as well.
(It cancels when you get hit -> Recast over and over.)

It's not 100% useless, and definitely used for more than just killing emps.

Tom~

Rofl.
Definitely, the most useless skill i've ever seen on a MMORPG.
pointless

I remember 2 years ago, when I spent several hours trying to use it.. :<

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

BuBuChaCha

Randfeon

The best thing about it is that you need it on at least level 1 if you want to use Manhole (and consequently, the whole graffiti tree) when you become a Shadow Chaser.
Well, at least you don't need Graffiti 1 too.