List of totally useless RO skills

Started by Relics, Aug 29, 2009, 11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahawirasd

+1 on the fire walk sorceress from Diablo

-1 on the above post without properly reading my example...
as i said (especially in the case with accessories), sometimes we can't tell them apart without identifying them due to similar weight and "unidentified icon"...

-w-

Relics

Meh, im just saying that if you plan to farm loads of gear anyway, it doesn't hurt to know what you're farming.. so like you said in your example, what other use has identify instead of saving like 50 zeny on that unknown item you to didn't know about. That's what I wonder about..

mahawirasd

i know, my point was that you don't know how long you have to farm that mob for that particular acc and given the item-type as well as weight limit constraints, bringing more than 100 magnifiers becomes a moot point...

an easy example is Verit; it drops flower rings (10 weight) @ 2% and skull rings (also 10 weight) @ 0.01% chance. So if normal distribution applies, you'll have 200 flower rings before you get a skull ring. How much money did you have to waste on magnifiers? how much weight?
mummy: silver ring 0.1%, glove 0.01%

Not that anyone would farm verit for skull rings, there are undoubtedly better mobs for that trash. And the mummy case is only 10:1, but in case of certain custom mobs etc who drops similar weight items with quite a margin on drop rate, identify definitely comes in handy...

-w-

Relics

well idk, i dont mind having 200 magnifiers in my cart.. because whenever I make a build I see skillpoints as an essential thing, and why invest in something that can be replaced for something of a relatively cheap price.

But it kind of depends, low rate servers might want to put a point into identify, while mid-high raters would probably invest that point into something else.

So, I guess it either works for you, or doesn't work, personal preference.

fluidin

I think quite a number of people would just use the identifier hex.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

LuTze

Quote from: fluidin on Oct 05, 2009, 07:33 AM
I think quite a number of people would just use the identifier hex.

It's not a hex, it's just editting the data. And everyone should know how to do it, in fact, everyone should just do it anyway.

Takes a lot of headaches out of RO.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Damn straight, after buying 10z Identifier I had to undergo six months long therapy session, cost be five thousand grand too.

Broken Moon

Tip: when you get more than one unidentified item (for example, what you said about Verits), identify only one of the items, then right click it to see its description. Then right click one of the unidentified ones. If the window closes, it's the same item. If it changes, it's not. TA-DAAA you just saved 50 zeny!

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

Actually I just compare the selling price with the item database. Only identify when I want to use it.

BenT

Lullaby - Don't get me wrong, can be useful in WoE, but the skill puts your own partner to sleep. Why would I use a skill that potentially leaves your partner vunerable during WoE?

Harmonic Lick/The Ring of Nibelungen - I like the song that accompanies it, but the effect it useless. My as well use Loki/CP or MS/Bragi, etc.

Battle Theme/A drum on the Battlefield - Same as above, waste of skill points. There are better skills to spend pionts in.

fluidin

s*** no, Harmonic Lick and Drum are definitely not useless.

Just because you're not CP-ing or Stringing doesn't mean that there aren't other Clowns doing it. The damage increase is in fact phenomenal; especially effective for precast GT sinxs.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Annihilate

Uzam

Quote from: Annihilate on Oct 12, 2009, 02:57 PM
Champ's Chi Explosion FTW
That skill owns, I think...I really can't think of any useless skills right now actually, but the closest that comes to mind is slow poison
[color=#FF8C00]Top 3 Town BGMs[/color] -[color=#DDA0DD] Theme of Al De Baran, Izlude and Geffen [/color]
[color=#FF0000]Top 3 RO BGMs[/color] - [color=#FF00FF]One Step Closer(@go 15's BGM), Yetit Petit (ice dungeon BGM), Rose of Sharon (Veins field 3 BGM)[/color]
[color=#9932CC]TOP 4 GMs[/color] - [color=#FF0000]GM Meep, tearbleu, GM Amemeep, GM Castiel[/color] - [color=#FFC0CB]Honorable Mention - GM Fite, GM BlueDrops, GM Fite, GM Nicholas[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]Top 3 Hardest MVPs[/color]- [color=#FFC0CB]Naght Seiger, Entweihen Crothen, Satan Morroc[/color]
[color=#98FB98]Top 3 buffs[/color]- [color=#4B0082]Assumptio, gloria, aspersio[/color]
[color=#00BFFF]Top 3 NBA Teams[/color]- [color=#0000FF]Cleveland Cavaliers, Lakers, Denver Nuggets
[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Me and Squishy love tearbleu/GM Meep/GM BlueDrops![/color]
[color=#FF0000]Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Champions '10~[/color]
http://www.rebirthro.com/images/rebirth-banner.gif

cheese

Gravitational Field is useless??? I think It comes in handy when damaging the emp. :D

Orange

Quote from: cheese on Oct 15, 2009, 10:17 PM
Gravitational Field is useless??? I think It comes in handy when damaging the emp. :D

on a no pop server...
:3