List of totally useless RO skills

Started by Relics, Aug 29, 2009, 11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omi

Ore discovery is a pimping skill.   I got my first emp ever through that while killing high orcs. 

A92FL0163

Quotesnovie links are bad
snovies with ip is srs bsns. although not better than any other class, you can atleast laugh more at people when using sn.

Relics

Annihilate

Quote from: Relics on Oct 02, 2009, 08:28 AM
FSK, Useless? Probably one of the more useful skills when used properly, don't forget that it dispels Taekwon, SG and SL buffs on hit and can be copied by stalker for some swift movement while dispelling buffs at the same time.

i mean, FSK on a linker. Linkers dont kick.

A92FL0163

Poki

bear_goes_rawr

Identify
Triple Action
Happy Break
Napalm Beat
Sword Mastery, Iron Fist, Demon Bane, Spear Master, etc. Maybe not useless but a big waste of points.
Steal Coin :waste of points

http://earlyro.com/
7x/7x/5x Non-Trans

Omi

Quote from: bear_goes_rawr on Oct 03, 2009, 02:40 AM
Identify
Triple Action
Napalm Beat
Sword Mastery, Iron Fist, Demon Bane, Spear Master, etc. Maybe not useless but a big waste of points.

Identify is a great way to break homunculus afk-autoloot timeouts when you're watching a movie or something :)

The rest of the skills, you just need to realise why they are useful (I think I've proven Napalm Beat is a very useful skill because of AoE status wizard on RO).  Demon Bane, iron fist, good for combo monks (Barrage Fist kekeke), Spear Mastery... best skill for knights, period.  Sword Mastery is good aswell, as a swordsdaggersman, because it makes leveling dramatically easier as a tanking build.

bear_goes_rawr

Sword Mastery, Iron Fist, Demon Bane, Spear Master, etc. increase auto attacking dps by like 4% and skill damage by like 1%. Pretty useless imo.

Edit* It(spear mastery) increases skill Dps by 2% and auto attacking dps by about 10%, so I guess it's ok for um....Emp breaking? As a knight...

http://earlyro.com/
7x/7x/5x Non-Trans

Sarin

emp breaking with spear? Lol.

Anyway...sword/2H sword/spear masteries are a must if you are playing the LK for damage, not just status annoyance. You'll need every bit of damage you can get.

fire9

Identify and napalm beat. xP I don't get the idea.

Jokonson

Quote from: fire9 on Oct 04, 2009, 10:02 AM
Identify and napalm beat. xP I don't get the idea.

Identify is actually usefull, it saves a lot of money(?)

On-Topic:
Axe Mastery: So many usefull skills to lvl up and you will waste a lot of points in this? I mean, what do we need it for? Answer: To kick asses with our Axe!!. My Answer:Oh yeah? 30% more damage? OMG THAT'S A LOT!. The point of a Biochemist/Creator is to kick asses with potions, not with an Axe u.u"
Want to kick asses with an Axe? Create yourself a Whitesmith/Mastersmith u.u"

And I can't think of another one xD

Bye!~

Relics

Quote from: mahawirasd on Sep 11, 2009, 02:58 AM
It's pretty similar to that necromancer's skill

WRAAAGH, Corpse explosionnn

or do you mean poison nova?

whatever, necromancers for life.

@Jokonson,
uhh, magnifiers are really cheap.. and one skillpoint invested into identify could've been invested in something better..

mahawirasd

bringing loads magnifiers everytime you wanna farm something is not a good idea imho... wastes space and whatnot... well there is always that way to cheat where you can "know" what an item is just because of its weight (combined with the knowledge of the mobs you're farming)... BUT  there are cases where having identify is good.
real example: mobs that drops two kinds of accessories with similar weight where the less-desirable one (i.e. flower ring) drops much more often than the one you're looking for (i.e. earring) so you can't tell the difference just by looking at it and bringing magnifiers become a burden because the less-desirable one drops at a rate of 60% or more while the other one is below 10%...

-w-

Relics

........Uhh, lol
If you specifically want to hunt a certain accessory, then know it's weight or something. You can always magnify them later, identify is really unneeded imo. Cause again, that point can be invested in something else..