Emperium

Started by Xeighter, Jan 28, 2009, 07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeighter

Quote from: Poki on Jan 28, 2009, 12:13 PM
Save your TG's for something else.  The magnum break will get in your way since it changes your element to fire (though it does give you bonus hit).  I'd say you should stick with orc skeletons and thana.
One hand would deal the most damage overtime as well as give you a shield (Thara, keep in mind you need to be soul linked though).  Two hand is safer and easier to use.
As for a mace... don't you lose a lot of your skills since you don't have "mace quicken up" and all those other things?

Emphasizing each button I press as it sends a large amount of hate to the keyboard!

DONT BREAK YOUR KEYBOARD!

Hum, hum. I guess the cons way out the pros? Maces are good for small creatures (isn't the emp small?), it's unbreakable and aura blade still works I believe (I don't care for quicken and s*** since this is a high-rate server (255/120 - 196 ASPD and 255 max stat [Sorry I didn't clarify this earlier]).

So... thanatos and 3 Orc Skeletons?

Poki

s*** high rate? Then by all means, go for Mace.  As long as that's indestructible then the Mace seems to be a better choice of weapon I suppose.
And it seems the magnum break doesn't do what I thought it would do so by all means, place the TG instead of Thana/Orc skeleton.

Since it's a high rate as well, it shouldn't be too hard getting those cards.  I suppose you can even test the difference between:

Two Orc Skeleton, TG, Thana
Two Orc skeleton, Two TG

Xeighter

But uh... why does everyone think the cards are easy to get? Easier in comparison to low-rate or is it just generally assumed that high-rate have high-drop rates?

Poki

Oh, I assumed by high rates, you meant high bexp/jexp/dexp rates.

Either way, it's easier since your character has an easier time MVPing, right?  Just a question of who stalks the MVPs first.

Xeighter

Quote from: Poki on Jan 28, 2009, 09:26 PM
Oh, I assumed by high rates, you meant high bexp/jexp/dexp rates.

Either way, it's easier since your character has an easier time MVPing, right?  Just a question of who stalks the MVPs first.

Nah, no worries. I jumped the gun and got a bit defensive over nothing.

80x/80x and the drop rate for cards is hella-low [by my standards].

Yeah, it's hella easier, kinda disappointing since I love the feeling of strategy and teamwork to defeat one strong creature.

Loki

Just to clarify things, Magnum Break does not change your element. It only adds 20% fire damage on top of you current damage.

Useful Usable Items: Distilled Fighting Spirit(+30 attack), Aloevera(+3x attack), Cursed Water.

Since most of the replies here are about cards, I guess I should stop here.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

mahawirasd

on the same note (a bit of a thread hijack), how should one card dual daggers specifically for emp breaking?
anyone understand the mechanics?
and yeah, i know i should just find a test server and test it, but not all people have that much access to time and the internet you know... even in my fav server i only play sparingly because i can't access it from work (hence me being a forum denizen xP) and honestly i do tend to play doTA a bit too much xP...

-w-