how to kill an valkyrie?? "the mini boss one"

Started by vittordevitto, Sep 11, 2007, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurogasa

Its not a glitch.. the thing is heat doesnt emulate properly on Eathena so it isnt nearly as good for mvping as it is on official servers. On officials, heat does over 40 hits per second on a monster(assuming its boss class or stuck against a wall). On eathena it does alot less hits per second. Ive personally tested this as TKMaster was my main class for quite a while.

And to Toztie.. MS monk will have more defense than your high priest. Its inevitable. They can also use all reduction gears as well as asumptio from a priest thats doing his main job. High priest are good tanks but Mental monks/champs are GOD tanks. The only thing that hurts them are crits and Damage based on Def attacks but that isnt a big issue for mvping. They also hold aggro better.

Toztie

you cant tank him, only safetywall or fiberlock based

Kurogasa

Quote from: Toztie on Oct 15, 2007, 06:53 AM
LOL that is like the stupides idea ever, do you really think a monk can tank 18k sb each hit without reduction items? My high priest reducted them with full gear except for devilling to 3.4k ea.

Why would the monk not have full reduction items?(besides deviling). If you take 4k a ms monk would take 1k at most. 90% armor def and armor mdef is not a joke. Just that alone is really easy for a highpriest to keep up with the healing but if you add on a crus/paladin for sacrifice? Thats what tanking is. Not a second rate tank hp.

RO Player

i kill the valkyrie miniboss with a sniper and a priest, the priest "tanks" with safety wall while the sniper hits the valkyrie I hit her for 1200 per hit, 6k per DS, it takes a while but is the easiest way (kinda boring to harvest AD)

vita

wont take too long until heat on eA will work like on officials again. playtester (eA dev) already found a way to fix this.

And @RO Player: Valk changes targets, so the sniper should tank it in safety wall.

finklestein

Quote from: Kurogasa on Oct 14, 2007, 03:15 PM
Its not a glitch.. the thing is heat doesnt emulate properly on Eathena so it isnt nearly as good for mvping as it is on official servers. On officials, heat does over 40 hits per second on a monster(assuming its boss class or stuck against a wall). On eathena it does alot less hits per second. Ive personally tested this as TKMaster was my main class for quite a while.

And to Toztie.. MS monk will have more defense than your high priest. Its inevitable. They can also use all reduction gears as well as asumptio from a priest thats doing his main job. High priest are good tanks but Mental monks/champs are GOD tanks. The only thing that hurts them are crits and Damage based on Def attacks but that isnt a big issue for mvping. They also hold aggro better.

The server was aegis based, as in anima. Anybody who plays on that server shoudl know how easy it is for well equipped SGs to kill valk in a matter of secs.

battusai007

Quote from: Kurogasa on Oct 15, 2007, 12:47 PM
Quote from: Toztie on Oct 15, 2007, 06:53 AM
LOL that is like the stupides idea ever, do you really think a monk can tank 18k sb each hit without reduction items? My high priest reducted them with full gear except for devilling to 3.4k ea.

Why would the monk not have full reduction items?(besides deviling). If you take 4k a ms monk would take 1k at most. 90% armor def and armor mdef is not a joke. Just that alone is really easy for a highpriest to keep up with the healing but if you add on a crus/paladin for sacrifice? Thats what tanking is. Not a second rate tank hp.

Totally second the Idea Mental Strength Monks are by far the best tanks just put a pally on the side to devo him and you are all set the damage mental monk takes goes to pally who has almost double the monks hp and the priest cna heal the pally.

And also killing valk with a MR pally is great too get some pots a priest to safety you then just mr with a proper weapon till it dies.!