How does one transition from Pre-re to RE

Started by Kolby, Nov 24, 2020, 06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolby

so im itching to play 4th jobs but I know jack about re mechanics and mob drops.

Can any1 give me any tips thanks!

I just figured out in RE the casting time is affected by DEX and INT and 90% of 3rd-4th jobs items qare done by quest but what else should I know? hank you have a nice day
Searching for friends is hard
Searching for companionship is harder
Be grateful to those who accompany you
On this Road, like the Wayfarer(A Person Travelling) finding it's way back home!

Playing since: 2004

nasaankaalex

Renewal Endgame items can either be obtained from quests or cash shops. And what matters the most on items are its upgrade(+10 or higher some even have better effects/stats when upgraded to +14 or above) and its enchantments(some can be re-rolled, there are others which you can't). Also some non mvp cards become way better compared to mvp cards(example for this is turtle general card, which gets rekt by cards that increases skill damage).

Oh about skills, even in 3rd jobs, skills can 1-shot almost everything. So competitive pvp is pretty much non-existent as they 1-shot everything. even AB(arcbishop) can 1-shot 2m hp mobs with an aoe skill that has 0 cooldown. Regarding enchantments from items(both equipments and shadow equipments), you can get combinations of effects like 90% ACD reduction and 100% VCT/FCT reduction(there are items that reduced FCT by mili/ seconds). So Forget about the 530(2xdex + int) total stat points formula, as you can still achieve NO-Cast in most cases.

And the 4th jobs? Haha... Forget about your 2,000,000 damage ability. Here comes my 50,000,000 damage ability.
So don't expect any competitive PVP play on Renewal, It's like your playing a single player fantasy adventure games because yeah I F*CK ALL with my gajillion damage ability. Even players can't reach 1m HP.

So Yeah, this is only plausible if the items from the official servers are available, even if the server says its episode 17.x, or even with 200/70 max levels.

My tips:
Just follow the quest line 'Banquet for heroes'(16.1) upto Illusion Quests(17.1). You don't need to spend anything except your time on doing this. Get Illusion Equipments(17.1) if its the current end-game.  If not go further to Einbroch Dungeon 3 or Fall of Glast Heim quest line.

distilled1

One does not "transition" from Pre-Renewal to Renewal.
One takes a peak at Renewal, realizes it's garbage, then turns 360 degrees and moonwalks back to Pre-Renewal.

Seriously save yourself the disappointment. Renewal is utter trash as far as game design is concerned.
If you wish so badly to experience 4th jobs, download their sprites and look at them. Or watch a video of their new skills.
Don't subject yourself to playing such atrocities.
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

Kokkoro

Quote from: distilled1 on Nov 26, 2020, 12:08 AM
One takes a peak at Renewal, realizes it's garbage, then turns 360 degrees and moonwalks back to Pre-Renewal.

Seriously save yourself the disappointment. Renewal is utter trash as far as game design is concerned.
If you wish so badly to experience 4th jobs, download their sprites and look at them. Or watch a video of their new skills.

Seems a bit unfair to say renewal is trash when in fact pre-re and renewal are two completely different facets of RO. Each have their pros and cons. If they want to play renewal, let them.

@OP
As nasaankaalex pointed out, renewal progression is more on obtaining and upgrading equipment as well as shadow equipment, and slotting in appropriate cards for stuff like 0 cast time or achieving max attack speed. Naturally this makes skills and auto attacks scale way higher than pre-re trans skills. Unfortunately this also has the side effect of pvp being virtually non-existent due to how high the damage is.

If you are just after the 4th jobs and not give a crap about PvP and WoE, then you might have to wait for a bit. IIRC there aren't any servers that have functional 4th jobs yet.
I have finally found you, aruji-sama~

Kolby

Quote from: nasaankaalex on Nov 24, 2020, 07:11 AM
Renewal Endgame items can either be obtained from quests or cash shops. And what matters the most on items are its upgrade(+10 or higher some even have better effects/stats when upgraded to +14 or above) and its enchantments(some can be re-rolled, there are others which you can't). Also some non mvp cards become way better compared to mvp cards(example for this is turtle general card, which gets rekt by cards that increases skill damage).

Oh about skills, even in 3rd jobs, skills can 1-shot almost everything. So competitive pvp is pretty much non-existent as they 1-shot everything. even AB(arcbishop) can 1-shot 2m hp mobs with an aoe skill that has 0 cooldown. Regarding enchantments from items(both equipments and shadow equipments), you can get combinations of effects like 90% ACD reduction and 100% VCT/FCT reduction(there are items that reduced FCT by mili/ seconds). So Forget about the 530(2xdex + int) total stat points formula, as you can still achieve NO-Cast in most cases.

And the 4th jobs? Haha... Forget about your 2,000,000 damage ability. Here comes my 50,000,000 damage ability.
So don't expect any competitive PVP play on Renewal, It's like your playing a single player fantasy adventure games because yeah I F*CK ALL with my gajillion damage ability. Even players can't reach 1m HP.

So Yeah, this is only plausible if the items from the official servers are available, even if the server says its episode 17.x, or even with 200/70 max levels.

My tips:
Just follow the quest line 'Banquet for heroes'(16.1) upto Illusion Quests(17.1). You don't need to spend anything except your time on doing this. Get Illusion Equipments(17.1) if its the current end-game.  If not go further to Einbroch Dungeon 3 or Fall of Glast Heim quest line.
thank you. I still have trouble adjusting to it. I keep searching for builds and like 50% are like with mvp cards and the mobs that drop them require instances which I have no idea to go into.
Quote from: distilled1 on Nov 26, 2020, 12:08 AM

haha yeah I used to think the same but I've seen the newer kro sprites and mobs they look pretty neat and interesting so it peaks my interest a little.

Quote from: Kokkoro on Nov 26, 2020, 11:59 AM
Seems a bit unfair to say renewal is trash when in fact pre-re and renewal are two completely different facets of RO. Each have their pros and cons. If they want to play renewal, let them.

@OP
As nasaankaalex pointed out, renewal progression is more on obtaining and upgrading equipment as well as shadow equipment, and slotting in appropriate cards for stuff like 0 cast time or achieving max attack speed. Naturally this makes skills and auto attacks scale way higher than pre-re trans skills. Unfortunately this also has the side effect of pvp being virtually non-existent due to how high the damage is.

If you are just after the 4th jobs and not give a crap about PvP and WoE, then you might have to wait for a bit. IIRC there aren't any servers that have functional 4th jobs yet.
Is shadow equipment the meta now? There are so many weapons that I have no idea how to get like vicious weapons. Also what on earth is costume enchanting does that mean you can enchant costumes too? I've been searching for builds but they mostly drop from mvp mobs how does one achieve 0 cast time/after delay in renewal?

Searching for friends is hard
Searching for companionship is harder
Be grateful to those who accompany you
On this Road, like the Wayfarer(A Person Travelling) finding it's way back home!

Playing since: 2004

vohoangquan1996

For player new to renewal I suggest you watch Munbalance's YT videos. Especially his older vids where he explain stuffs about renewal. Also, depends on your server, item builds may vary ( episode, cash shop, customization). I also want to recommend Shining Moon RO for people who seek to play in renewal setting. They have everything official servers have and can be acquired by in-game means.

To answer some of your question:
- Yes, shadow equipment is the meta.
- Vicious Mind weapons are obtained through the Sky Fortress instance which belong to Ep 16.1
- Cast time is divided into Variable Cast Time ( VCT ) and Fixed Cast Time ( FCT ). VCT can be reduced  by stats, equipment, ( INT*2 + DEX = 530 ). FCT can only reduced by equipment( you will encounter item that give x seconds FCT reduction like DEX temporal Boost )
- I believe renewal build don't include MVPs drop. Most of the stuff are exchanged through item that are collected through daily/weekly contents
- Costume enchantment is cash shop feature. Yes, they give stat too your Upper, Middle, Lower Costume also your Garment Costume.
- In order for most of the build in renewal to work, higher refinement is a much. So if you are playing in a server that seemingly impossible to get to +12, you might want to reconsider your choice.
- And for 4th job update. I'm roosting for Shining Moon RO. After all they are one of the most if not the most up-to-date private server compare to officials.