How do you read the % chance item script?

Started by 1st, Dec 21, 2008, 12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1st

Er, I'm getting really confused looking at the item scripts for those % chance to occur equipment. Like Stunner, Ledger of Death, Ring of Flame Lord, etc...

Like sometimes I see a 1% chance and then I see 1000somethingsomethingsomething. And sometimes its 10% chance but then the number becomes 100somethingsomething.

Anyone have a simplified way to read this?

the reason 1 doesn't = 1 is because RO has 0.1 and 0.01% chances as well

so instead of going 1 = 1% 10 = 10%
it goes 1 = 0.01% 10 = 0.1% and so on

basically just knock off 2 decimal places and you have the %

or if your lazy read this:
1 = 0.01
10 = 0.1
100 = 1
1000 = 10
10000 = 100

oh and the descriptions can and a lot of times are wrong, so go by what the code says and ignore the description =3

1st

Oh, okay. Thanks alot!

Also, that was a really fast reply, so thank you. X)

Edit-
Oh! One more question. Do stuff like curse, sleep, or coma or stuff that like work when you're using spells like envenom or magnum break or something? And what about other autocast spells like that strip weapon or armour cards?

Silvie

A friend of mine had a 2x Savage Babe Stunner, and he stuns people with Envenom, so I guess yes. xD

Sarin

has to be one target weapon skill tho, for example Bash or BB will work, but Magnum Break will not. Neither will spells, like Fire Bolt....

1st

Aw, really? Cuz I thought I could cause everyone to fall asleep by magnum breaking with a quad plankton weapon.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

Reyl

Quote from: Sarin on Dec 21, 2008, 05:11 AM
has to be one target weapon skill tho, for example Bash or BB will work, but Magnum Break will not. Neither will spells, like Fire Bolt....

Not always. Meteor Assault and Arrow Shower can spread Stormy Knight's freeze (but not Storm Gust) for example, and Asura Strike will not.

It depends on the skill. There's a file that you can configure on the server side to tweak this.

fluidin

Actually, Magnum Break does inflict statuses if you're equipped with a status weapon.

You can also Freeze Asura someone if you're equipping a Quad Marina Waghnak or something. I've seen people use it to Freeze GR users. (Since most BM users think Asura = switch to GR card)
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.