How to play RO with window 8.1?

Started by Asia Ragnarok Online, Jul 21, 2014, 11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asia Ragnarok Online

Hi community members ,

I would like to as how to play RO with window 8.1?
Facing this problem , cannot adjust by setup.exe , once its full screen nor full screen , it will only appear BLACK screen ( got sound ).

Appreciate a lot for your help.

Triper

Check if the regedit has the resolution set or use the setup for that.
If that doesn't help, (re-)install directx, some Windows 8.1 releases come without some libraries and the game doesn't run properly, as in some cheap laptops with the home premium.
If it still fails, run the patcher(s), a bunch of servers don't let you play without being up2date and the result is, sometimes, stuff like that.
Check if the resolution being used isn't above the max that the game supports [1440p? I think that's the max the game supports] because it's made in an old directx version and doesn't have support for newer ones.

Link that may help with the stuff above - http://forum.ratemyserver.net/ro-client-support/problems-with-the-size-of-the-window/

Neosquall

Hello.

Put your Setup.exe, and your Launcher.exe in Windows XP or Windows 7 compatibilty.

Gene

If you still haven't fixed it yet, follow this video. Language doesn't matter, buttons are in the same places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IekU-Ixelk

It worked when I tried to fix my friend's RO on a windows 8 laptop.

Asia Ragnarok Online

Quote from: Neosquall on Jul 22, 2014, 12:50 PM
Hello.

Put your Setup.exe, and your Launcher.exe in Windows XP or Windows 7 compatibilty.

Hi , how to put please?

Neosquall

Right clic on Setup.exe ==> Property ==> Tab "Compatibility ==> Run in compatibility [Windows 7].

Asia Ragnarok Online

Quote from: Neosquall on Jul 22, 2014, 07:03 PM
Right clic on Setup.exe ==> Property ==> Tab "Compatibility ==> Run in compatibility [Windows 7].

No. It doesn't have property after right click.

lamminhnam

After accidently read 'bout the prob, I just can't help myself but to sign in to the 4rum just to answer your question /pif
I have this prob a couple of weeks ago and it's really annoying to have a new pc with a big screen just to play the game that only 1/10 of the screen  /an ... and this prob seems to be a new prob, it's hard to find the solution for it  /an /an /an and yet I found it  /no1 ... well ... sort of ...
The 1st thing is RO just can't play full screen with Win 8, you can only play it window with adjustable the size (or you may at least try  /heh)
2nd thing: Adjustable size, the resolution, setup.exe won't help you with that ...  /...
Go to your RO folder -> savedata -> open OptionInfo.lua with Notepad (or something like that) then find the 3 line that go together (my setting example below)

OptionInfoList["ISFULLSCREENMODE"] = 0 (1 is full and 0 is not)
OptionInfoList["WIDTH"] = 1280
OptionInfoList["HEIGHT"] = 720

you can manually resize the game window, to find your screen resolution just right click at your desktop -> Screen resolution, then put in the highest number your screen can take for "fullscreen"  /heh or just somewhere in the middle
There're others setting in the file too and I think you can easily understand it  /no1

Hope I can help  /lv

Oh and I forgot 'bout the black screen, this setup.exe can help, in the Graphic Setting box try to choose around whatever option you have, it's not the same for every computer, if one can't do it, try others, I think there're more than 1

/lv

Triper

Actually, that won't work for everybody. Some people have amazing monitors with huge resolutions and want to always play any game in "Ultra"/"Very High"/whateverisitcallednow and forget that RO is an old game that doesn't support nothing over 1440p [I think that's the max one] due to be an old game. There is also the "/4 problem" where weird resolutions that aren't multiple of 4 screw your screenshots.

And btw, you can play fullscreen at win 8, I just did it now to test it and if you aren't able to, you can always use roext for the fake fullscreen sensation aka bordless full window mode.

Asia Ragnarok Online

Quote from: lamminhnam on Jul 26, 2014, 01:38 AM
After accidently read 'bout the prob, I just can't help myself but to sign in to the 4rum just to answer your question /pif
I have this prob a couple of weeks ago and it's really annoying to have a new pc with a big screen just to play the game that only 1/10 of the screen  /an ... and this prob seems to be a new prob, it's hard to find the solution for it  /an /an /an and yet I found it  /no1 ... well ... sort of ...
The 1st thing is RO just can't play full screen with Win 8, you can only play it window with adjustable the size (or you may at least try  /heh)
2nd thing: Adjustable size, the resolution, setup.exe won't help you with that ...  /...
Go to your RO folder -> savedata -> open OptionInfo.lua with Notepad (or something like that) then find the 3 line that go together (my setting example below)

OptionInfoList["ISFULLSCREENMODE"] = 0 (1 is full and 0 is not)
OptionInfoList["WIDTH"] = 1280
OptionInfoList["HEIGHT"] = 720

you can manually resize the game window, to find your screen resolution just right click at your desktop -> Screen resolution, then put in the highest number your screen can take for "fullscreen"  /heh or just somewhere in the middle
There're others setting in the file too and I think you can easily understand it  /no1

Hope I can help  /lv

Oh and I forgot 'bout the black screen, this setup.exe can help, in the Graphic Setting box try to choose around whatever option you have, it's not the same for every computer, if one can't do it, try others, I think there're more than 1

/lv

Where can I find Graphic Setting?

SupremusRO

Just run the client as administrator. Windows 8.1 now supports this game.

bijak

blcdirty

If there is no "compatibility" option just right click and select the "troubleshoot compatibility" option and it should do the trick.

Pretty sure most of us that are giving you some solutions are the ones who also happened to get this problem, myself included ofc.

btnx

I have win 8.1 and I never have any problem