Gravity revamping game mechanics

Started by bleu, Jul 31, 2008, 07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Relics

Yeah, and she looks a lot more uhhh smexy. :>

I'm still sad how they decided not to revamp old classes and put them back in.. but instead create new ones...

I just hope the expansion brings back the oldies >:

(Offtopic much, hurrah)

Avisari

Quote from: Anti-Static Foam Cleaner on Mar 02, 2009, 02:11 AM
I like the new Sorceress though. The one in D2 was such a pushover.

true, unless you get runewords, but then all classes get overpowered. :P
*gets a feeling that this conversation prolly should take place elsewhere*

A92FL0163

LiteX

Quote from: Parameters on Apr 21, 2009, 07:30 PM

Lmao, I guess a common name for Shadow Chasers will be "Toon Class", 5-day necro much?
ライテ‐エクス

A92FL0163

Quote from: LiteX on Apr 27, 2009, 03:43 AM
Quote from: Parameters on Apr 21, 2009, 07:30 PM

Lmao, I guess a common name for Shadow Chasers will be "Toon Class", 5-day necro much?

It's not a necro, it's a sticky.

Descent

Five days? That's nothing.

When it's five months, then talk.

Elenaya

I never really replied to this, even though I saw the topic the first day it was posted. o_O

I really think people should quit whining about it.  They don't really know what is to come of this.  o_o'

Really, Gravity probably intends on adjusting monster levels, making new dungeons, creating new monsters, etc. especially if they intend to implement this.  Possibly they'll even have quests.  I don't really believe leveling will be all that devastating, regardless of how much people are complaining.

Also they'll probably let people do stat resets on their characters for P2P servers (Once for already existing characters of course.)-- since they're basically changing the entire game.  And they'll place a test in iRO Sakray or wherever people play to test out new builds for their characters.

Also I'm sure people will get used to the new stat revamps.  Sure it's different, but change is scary. o.o'

That's my assumptions anyhow.  People whine too much.  I remember when trans came out for the first time and how many people didn't want to trans their certain characters, because they didn't think it was worth it-- they all changed their minds.

Also I'm an iRO Player *_*

LiteX

Quote from: Elenaya on Apr 28, 2009, 05:20 AM
I never really replied to this, even though I saw the topic the first day it was posted. o_O

I really think people should quit whining about it.  They don't really know what is to come of this.  o_o'

Really, Gravity probably intends on adjusting monster levels, making new dungeons, creating new monsters, etc. especially if they intend to implement this.  Possibly they'll even have quests.  I don't really believe leveling will be all that devastating, regardless of how much people are complaining.

Also they'll probably let people do stat resets on their characters for P2P servers (Once for already existing characters of course.)-- since they're basically changing the entire game.  And they'll place a test in iRO Sakray or wherever people play to test out new builds for their characters.

Also I'm sure people will get used to the new stat revamps.  Sure it's different, but change is scary. o.o'

That's my assumptions anyhow.  People whine too much.  I remember when trans came out for the first time and how many people didn't want to trans their certain characters, because they didn't think it was worth it-- they all changed their minds.

I'm also thinking about the same thing, heck, from what I seen in iRO Wiki these is what's happening:
People who have access to kRO Sak: Game is better than before!
Some people who don't have access to kRO Sak: Wahh! Gravity is killing RO! When renewal arrives, I will quit!

Thing is, renewal is a TEST server, not everything is set in stone, and I say this expecially when It comes to balance issues, I mean, like everyone started nagging about GXs being overpowered (They really aren't), but still, they have missed some serious crap:

1) Poisons were glitched up (Affecting MVPs and when a mob respawned the effect didn't go away)
2) Oblivion Curse is not as spammable as EDP, as oblivion curse poison not only requires some items, it also takes 1 item that drops around a 0.25% chance, whoever is nagging about this obviously plays a *200 drop server, which isn't iRO's case

Anyway, so far, i've found renewal to be a new and better experienced for RO players, and according to people who access to renewal, getting a 99 Non-trans in renewal is about *25 easier than now,and a trans character is about *33 easier than now, so it really shouldn't be a problem, according to them it shouldn't take more than 2 months for an average player to gain a 99 Trans, the only thing that has me wondering is the drop rate right now, easy levelling and hard drop rate can turn a server into Bottersville.
ライテ‐エクス

A92FL0163

HEY GUYS I JUST HEARD THAT GRAVITY ADDED TKM, NINJA, SL AND GS TRANS AND 3RD CLASSES!

Spoiler
;_____;
[close]

Elenaya

Quote from: LiteX on Apr 28, 2009, 05:54 AM

I'm also thinking about the same thing, heck, from what I seen in iRO Wiki these is what's happening:
Some people who don't have access to kRO Sak: Wahh! Gravity is killing RO! When renewal arrives, I will quit!

Thing is, renewal is a TEST server, not everything is set in stone, and I say this expecially when It comes to balance issues, I mean, like everyone started nagging about GXs being overpowered (They really aren't), but still, they have missed some serious crap:

1) Poisons were glitched up (Affecting MVPs and when a mob respawned the effect didn't go away)
2) Oblivion Curse is not as spammable as EDP, as oblivion curse poison not only requires some items, it also takes 1 item that drops around a 0.25% chance, whoever is nagging about this obviously plays a *200 drop server, which isn't iRO's case

Anyway, so far, i've found renewal to be a new and better experienced for RO players, and according to people who access to renewal, getting a 99 Non-trans in renewal is about *25 easier than now,and a trans character is about *33 easier than now, so it really shouldn't be a problem, according to them it shouldn't take more than 2 months for an average player to gain a 99 Trans, the only thing that has me wondering is the drop rate right now, easy levelling and hard drop rate can turn a server into Bottersville.

Quite possibly, but then again, popular servers tend to turn into bottersville anyhow.  But it's good to hear that the people who do have access to Renewal are enjoying it so fast, rather than taking so long to get used to it.

A92FL0163

Poisons dispellables by detox/panacea?

LiteX

Quote from: Parameters on Apr 28, 2009, 05:25 PM

Poisons dispellables by detox/panacea?

By poisons I meant the new poisons (From GX), and they are not Detoxifyable nor Panacea'ed, gravity wanted to give a more significable meaning to status effects

BTW: fur AND chains (Dont forget strip and paint!): http://ro.doddlercon.com/wiki/index.php?title=Shadow_Chaser
ライテ‐エクス

A92FL0163

@GX Poisons

Just noticed it now, there is a Antidote Brew, probably to make the game more strategic between choosing to either bring more pots or antidotes, seems good to me.

Do you know how Spinning Counter of GX work? And the cross ripper slash.

@Shadow Chaser

Alright... hold your rage inside...

AH f*** IT

ROGUE = GANGSTER
STALKER = PIMP
SHADOW CHASER = FASHION LORD

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Why don't they put "Jungle Chaser" instead? That isn't dark at all. Skill Icons are awesome.

P.S: Damn you Nomura.

LiteX

Quote from: Parameters on Apr 29, 2009, 07:14 PM
@GX Poisons

Just noticed it now, there is a Antidote Brew, probably to make the game more strategic between choosing to either bring more pots or antidotes, seems good to me.

Do you know how Spinning Counter of GX work? And the cross ripper slash.

@Shadow Chaser

Alright... hold your rage inside...

AH f*** IT

ROGUE = GANGSTER
STALKER = PIMP
SHADOW CHASER = FASHION LORD

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Why don't they put "Jungle Chaser" instead? That isn't dark at all. Skill Icons are awesome.

P.S: Damn you Nomura.

You can't use the antidotes, only the GXs can use it, before saying they are imbalanced, have you ever checked out the other 3rds? Warlocks have a 7200% Multi-Elemental-Single-Hit Spell, thats like 6-times as powerful as a JT, and it uses 4 elements, unlike JT, what about RKs? They get 50k+ at max level and max vit without tao and berserk, and Shadow Chasers can copy 2 skills, not only that but one of them can be used as autocast-when-attack, and don't forget some of the paints, so far i've seen most people complain about the sprites, but a lot of strategic value is added, and i think you can find out more about the spinning counter in iRO Wiki Forums
ライテ‐エクス

yawzikilo11

ok then... we need to change our builds ? lol ?  ::)