Gravity revamping game mechanics

Started by bleu, Jul 31, 2008, 07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki

Would love to see how PvP would be after renewal.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

A92FL0163

Ragnarok Online Report - Ragnarok Renewal ~ by Doddler

QuoteMr. Yang: Since the patch was added to main servers, the general view is that it was "too soon". About 30% of our surveyed users held that opinion. The update was done though because we couldn't just keep making content for sakray R without a way for it to reach our users. It was a bold move but we decided to push the update. We were really worried but the reaction from users has been good, and the simultaneous connected users doubled. We are sorry about the repeated maintenances during the update.

Waaaooooh~

Also, could a mod unsticky this? Almost no one look at the stickies.

Relics

I think this topic was stickied so people could have a place to post 'updates' for the renewal instead of creating new topics about it.

which I find reasonable enough to leave this stickied.

Jebus

So when will the renewal come to private servers ?
Check this low rate server out

http://gaia.madsites.net/Site/index.php

Sarin

So....first, eA gotta gather enough info, then actually process it and implement...at least a year I'd say, tho some private servers will possibly try to implement it sooner, with various success.

LiteX

Quote from: Sarin on Jul 14, 2009, 03:15 PM
So....first, eA gotta gather enough info, then actually process it and implement...at least a year I'd say, tho some private servers will possibly try to implement it sooner, with various success.

Hopefully they get the right results soon, have you seen the number of servers with badly done brokenly 3rd classes around nowadays?
ライテ‐エクス

Jebus

Yea its because noone has the renewal yet wich changes everything.

A92FL0163

Quote from: Jebus on Jul 16, 2009, 02:11 PM
Yea its because noone has the renewal yet wich changes everything.

Actually, the renewal have already been released on kRO.

SilverStream~

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

omegacrash

Quote from: bleu on Jul 31, 2008, 07:45 AM
I was surprised this topic was not mention on RMS. Anyways, Gravity launched a new test server and they are changing the game mechanics in preparation for the coming 3rd Class.

Some noted changes on the test server
1. DEX also influences Magic Attack
2. STR affects Vit DEF
3. AGI also affects Vit DEF
4. Scaled Experienced. If the differences between your base level and the monsters base level is greater or equal to 4, u will be penalised. -50%, -60%, -70%, -80%... so ... better u will need to change maps and find new monsters to kill
5. The level of monsters will be revised.

As you can imagine, its kinda chaotic at the moment... all the apparent Experts are equally at a lost on what to kill to level up. They will need to Sense the monsters level and their new stats to determine if its worth killing. To add to further confusion, it seems that some monsters are being moved. So everyone, new and old players will be in the same situation... trying to figure out what is the best NEW BUILTS.

http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?showtopic=194263&pid=1067191&mode=threaded&start=#entry1067191

i knew they were going to turn it into a WoW-wanna-be when the battle fields came out, but this just unsettles me.  some aspects i DO like: easier dodge, changing builds, blah blah blah.

but something like: slower attack speed, no dex-related cast reduction, and stuff like that irk the living hell out of me.

i liked RO because of its simplicity compared to WoW and because it was easier to just pick up and play. now looking at a shadow of Wow...im really scared and concerned...

Jebus

Dont think you should jump to conclusion omega, wait until you have tried it.

omegacrash

Quote from: Jebus on Aug 10, 2009, 05:19 PM
Dont think you should jump to conclusion omega, wait until you have tried it.

Yeah, you are completely right. i cant begin to count the amount of times i've jumped the gun on stuff like this. But even so, i take my RO seriously, i enjoy it thoroughly (despite being a 4-year off and on noob XD). ive even met most of my friends THROUGH RO and in my area and school miraculously. go figure eh?

A92FL0163

Quote from: omegacrash on Aug 10, 2009, 01:25 AM

i knew they were going to turn it into a WoW-wanna-be when the battle fields came out, but this just unsettles me.  some aspects i DO like: easier dodge, changing builds, blah blah blah.

but something like: slower attack speed, no dex-related cast reduction, and stuff like that irk the living hell out of me.

i liked RO because of its simplicity compared to WoW and because it was easier to just pick up and play. now looking at a shadow of Wow...im really scared and concerned...

I take you are inside Open Test Renewal Server?

omegacrash

Quote from: A92FL0163 on Aug 10, 2009, 05:59 PM

i knew they were going to turn it into a WoW-wanna-be when the battle fields came out, but this just unsettles me.  some aspects i DO like: easier dodge, changing builds, blah blah blah.

no lol, im not on any server right now, regardless of what my profile may say. i just keep forgetting to change it.

A92FL0163

Quote from: omegacrash on Aug 11, 2009, 03:42 PM
Quote from: A92FL0163 on Aug 10, 2009, 05:59 PM

i knew they were going to turn it into a WoW-wanna-be when the battle fields came out, but this just unsettles me.  some aspects i DO like: easier dodge, changing builds, blah blah blah.

no lol, im not on any server right now, regardless of what my profile may say. i just keep forgetting to change it.

Oh, because you were so talking like you played the RE.