Donation items

Started by Flip, Jul 09, 2007, 03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikitaDarkstar

Quote from: pupu on Jul 13, 2007, 01:09 AM
Quote from: NikitaDarkstar on Jul 10, 2007, 04:48 PM
Quote from: Pandora on Jul 10, 2007, 02:23 PM
I've been looking at the costs of dedicated servers for a while, if they say it cost 2000$ a month to run their server they are either overpricing their players or overpaying their dedicated server, in my humble opinion.

Quoted for truth.

Yes it costs money to run a server, yes a dedicated server can be expensive, but it will not cost you 2000USD a month, if it did there would be no point in renting a server anyway, you'd jsut buy your own server computer, get the best inet connection you could and do it yourself.

PS: It was more around 1800USD a month EuphRO said it costed to run their server...

I don't think anyone should care about euphRO IMO. Do you even know what the owner of the server did with the money that he received from donating? He even told people the server would go down if they didn't donate, but he really didn't need the money for the server.

I wouldn't like to donate in a server. But I would like to join a very popular server, because the server will always remain up, because of many people donating (as long as they don't receive overpowering items). euphRO was horrible, let's be happy that their servers aren't so bad now days.

http://returnersro.wikispaces.com/Meltdown

Read that, seriously! It's interesting.. and you'll think very differently of the popular RO servers. Many of you are looking at the popular servers, they sure look fun and all, but don't think they're going to steal your money.

EuphRO's old server. When people got jacked. :)

Once you read the whole thing, you will realize that donation items aren't THAT bad! But I personally hate them xD. No matter what. ;D

Dude I'm an ex-euphRO player, I was online the day things went boom so please don't lecture me, ok?
Anyway if you want to continue talking about this pm me instead ok? No need to hijack this thread for it.

pupu

Where the hell did that come from? I never tried to lecture you or anyone here. I'm just posting an example of what donation servers can lead to. How is this a lecture? Do you have a problem with the English language?

And talking about the meltdown of the old euphRO would be pretty juicy for the thread. No need to tell me to stop and suck out the dryness of the thread.
wat