Card Tier List

Started by Judgement, Nov 03, 2015, 01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judgement

Assuming we're in a vanilla server.  How would certain cards be ranked when compared to each other?  No MvP cards or mini boss cards for now.  I'd like to organize a list of 3-5 separate tiers ranking from forgettable drops (Ghoul Card) to essential cards (Marc Card for WoE).  Maybe this could be used for future reference, projects, whatever.  Maybe add specific sets too as their own thing; so you'd have two cards in D tier but as a set they become C tier.

I'll organize these better.

A Tier

• Marc Card
  • Evil Druid Card
  • Raydric Card
  • Noxious Card
  • Thara Frog Card
  • Flame Skull Card
  • more WoE cards
  • Alice Card
  • Zerom Card
  • Jakk Card

Mid

Low

[close]

B Tier

• Bathory Card
  • Pasana Card
  • Swordfish Card
  • Race/Element % Damage Cards

Middle

• Alligator
  • Smokie
  • Cecil Damon
  • Gemini
  • Nightmare
  • Frilldora
  • Incubus
  • Leib Olmai
  • Drops
  • Marse
  • Phen
  • Sohee

Low

[close]

C Tier

• Yoyo Card (P-Dodge build?)
  • Worm Tail Card (weaker version of Zerom Card)

Mid

• Giearth
  • Matyr
  • Megalith
  • Pecopeco
  • Succubus
  • Centipede Larva
  • Marine Sphere
  • Mantis

Low

[close]

D Tier

• Picky Card
  • Ghoul Card

Mid

• Zombie
  • Poporing
  • Chonchon
  • Willow
  • Roda Frog
  • Spore
  • Pupa

Ded

[close]

wew
Super Smash Brothers 64!

Zereges

So, what do you want? Our suggestions?
By vanilla you mean young server, or pre-renewal server or server with episode < ~5?
And you want both PVP and PVM cards?
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta RheĆ®> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

snowblind

Thara should be 3rd and Horn 4th, since they both potentially halve all damage if you already stacked up resistance. Noxious comes after Flame Skull and Stalactic Golem, possibly tied with Salamander. Since you've put WoE cards at the top, Noxious should also be above Raydric, which is only preferred against Asura and PvM.

You can't put Sandman on the same tier as Pasana or Bathory, even if the server didn't have Thor and Abbey.

Yoshi should be way higher, it definitely has more to offer as displayed by aMSa. Pikachu is underrated as well, he has great mobility, great recovery, and the best upsmash in the game.. why are we doing this?

Dean Stark

I remember the days when Kobold card used to be hot. Should be up there with Yoyo.

Judgement

This is mostly for pre renewal server with the more common episode (13 or w/e it is idk).  PvP and PvM usage in mind.

Quote from: snowblind on Nov 03, 2015, 05:54 AM
Thara should be 3rd and Horn 4th, since they both potentially halve all damage if you already stacked up resistance. Noxious comes after Flame Skull and Stalactic Golem, possibly tied with Salamander. Since you've put WoE cards at the top, Noxious should also be above Raydric, which is only preferred against Asura and PvM.

You can't put Sandman on the same tier as Pasana or Bathory, even if the server didn't have Thor and Abbey.

Yoshi should be way higher, it definitely has more to offer as displayed by aMSa. Pikachu is underrated as well, he has great mobility, great recovery, and the best upsmash in the game.. why are we doing this?

Yeah was looking for stuff like this.  Would Sandman actually have any usage?  I remember hearing something about Earth property not having the same effect as the other elements in that it doesn't reduce damage from Earth property attacks.  Also if water armor would be on the same level or not?

As for the purpose of this thread, it's just to bring in some random discussion on cards.  Maybe people can share certain builds that could give some light to random cards.
Super Smash Brothers 64!

snowblind

Quote from: Judgement on Nov 03, 2015, 02:06 PM
Would Sandman actually have any usage?  I remember hearing something about Earth property not having the same effect as the other elements in that it doesn't reduce damage from Earth property attacks.
You're right, I didn't even know that. It still reduces JT damage by half, but is worse than Dokebi, so I'd put it in C. As for swordfish, I believe the best use for it is against Drake. Middle B.

I'll admit, I like having pointless discussions like this. Have some more cards:
A: Jakk (I'd only put cards with a huge impact on balance here)
B: Alligator, Smokie, Cecil Damon, Gemini, Nightmare, Frilldora, Incubus, Leib Olmai, Drops, Marse, Phen, Sohee (great cards but not essential)
C: Giearth, Matyr, Megalith, Pecopeco, Succubus, Centipede Larva, Marine Sphere, Mantis (cards that are good but don't really affect balance)
D: Zombie, Poporing, Chonchon, Willow, Roda Frog, Spore, Pupa (either completely useless or just useless compared to other cheap alternatives)

It depends if you want to look at how good each card is in isolation, or compared to other cards. If there was no zerom, worm tail would be A tier. I also didn't consider how much each card is worth. A centipede larva could be sold for the same price as a thara frog.