Confusing the card description. what is the formula for the card%

Started by vextor90, Apr 05, 2010, 08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vextor90

Im confusing on the card effect inflicted to the Demihuman. Sometimes the card description wrote that increase damage to the demihuman mobster. Its mean Magic and meelee or range attack is include also?

Here is my situation
1.Which is better (2xhydra card + 2xturtle general card) or (2xhydra card + 2x skel worker card)

2.Does the formula is asura(140% x 140%) or asura(140% x 130%)

3.Turtle general card(Increases damage inflicted on all enemies by 20%.
  Add a 3% chance of automatically casting Level 10 Magnum Break on the enemy when attacking.)
  >>Does it increase Melee damage only? or magic attak also include.

4.Thara frog card (Reduce damage from DemiHuman monster by 30%.)
  >>Does it reduce the magic damage receive from WIz?

5. Fallen Bishop Hibram Card (MATK + 10%, Maximum SP - 50%, Increases damage inflicted on Demihuman
  and Angel monster by 50%.)
  >>Does it increase asura 50% in pvp?

6. Can someone show me the calculation on the card?

Sarin

Cards that have in description "increase damage on xxx" apply on PHYSICAL attack, both ranged and melee. But a few skills ignore those, like CT or SBK.

1. 2x hydra 2x TG.

3. see first line.

4. yes, these do apply on magical damage too.

5 That card has a bit messed up description. In fact, it only increases MAGICAL damage, so it's useless for champ.

6. Damn, find it, there's been a lot of talks about those.

vextor90

YUP.. thx Sarin for the guiding...
But i still have some confuse... the Q3,4 is having a misstake there?

Im i was newbie here~this forum nice^^

Tachibana

Even if FBH increased Asura at all, the -50% SP would be a killer and it wouldn't be of any use anyways

fluidin

Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Sarin

Luckily it does not work for SB. But, I've seen what can FBH do with firebolt, along with two imp cards and amplify magic...that really isn't funny.

vextor90

Im not yet get the comfirm answer from the Q3,4... does the TG card will increase damage of Matk to demi human 30%? does the thara frog card will reduce the Matk damage from demi Human 30%?

Turtle general card:   
{ bonus2 bAddRace,RC_NonBoss,20; bonus2 bAddRace,RC_Boss,20; bonus2 bAddRace2,5,20; bonus3 bAutoSpell,"SM_MAGNUM",10,30; },{},{}
Thara frog card:
{ bonus2 bSubRace,RC_DemiHuman,30; },{},{}

I was trying to understand myself.. but i can't get some point from it... did any link can teach me how to interpret it?

Relics

Turtle general only works for non-magical attacks, so no.

and yes thara frog will reduce by 30% because it reduces damage from demi-humans, as seen in the script here:
{ bonus2 bSubRace,RC_DemiHuman,30; },{},{}

Basically it's  bonus2 bSubRace,RC_,  the RC_ parts says which Race it will reduce damage from

It doesn't matter what kind of attack a demi-human uses on you, thara frog will reduce it because it reduces it from the race demi human.

In general. % damage cards like hydra/skeleton worker don't work with magic unless the description says so.

you can see it from the script if it says
bonus2 bMagicAddRace,RC_

About the calculation
I refer to them as modifiers, let's take these as example:

3x hydra 1x skeleton worker.
Hydra = 20%
Skeleton worker = 15%

Hydra script =
{ bonus2 bAddRace,RC_DemiHuman,20; }

Skeleton worker script =
{ bonus2 bAddSize,1,15

Now remember this:
The same scripts will stack with eachother

Hydra + Hydra = SAME script, so they will stack.
Hydra and skeleton worker are NOT the same scripts, so they are multiplied with eachother.

You have 3 hydas, so it will be 1+(0.2+0.2+0.2) = 1.6
1 Skeleton worker, so it will be 1+(0.15) = 1.15

1.6 * 1.15 = 1.84

The situation as you described it:
1.Which is better (2xhydra card + 2xturtle general card) or (2xhydra card + 2x skel worker card)]

Hydra script =
{ bonus2 bAddRace,RC_DemiHuman,20; }
2x Hydra = 1+(0.2+0.2)

Turtle general script =
{ bonus2 bAddRace,RC_NonBoss,20; }
2x TG = 1+(0.2+0.2)
Even though they are bAddRace, they are not the same script because turtle general uses the race NonBoss (which includes demi humans)
And hydra uses the race DemiHuman.
They are different

the calculation would be
Hydra
1+(0.2+0.2) = 1.4

TG
1+(0.2+0.2) = 1.4

1.4 * 1.4 = 1.96

2 Hydra + 2 Skel =

1.4 * 1.3 = 1.82

2hydra2tg > 2hydra2skel

Anjel

That mean the alice card also reduce the physical damage and magic damage from MVP?
Does it reduce the Earth quake also?

Sarin

vextor90

Thx all for the guide!!
As i know stone buckler also reduce 5% from large mobs! So... it also reduce Mtak and Earthquake from large MVP! (plz correct me if i wrong^^)

CookieEater

Quote from: Sarin on Apr 06, 2010, 11:31 PM
Luckily it does not work for SB.
Hijacking that train of thought, does it work with the Int half of Soul Breaker? Last I checked that part does not count +damage cards, because it is magical and magic never works with the regular +damage cards, but Hibram is made specifically for magic damage.
It would make for fun times :P
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

mahawirasd

FBH card seems to add to MATK, not to INT or damage because of INT directly...
So i don't think it would help SBK damage...

-w-

Relics

Quote from: CookieEater on Apr 09, 2010, 08:04 AM
Quote from: Sarin on Apr 06, 2010, 11:31 PM
Luckily it does not work for SB.
Hijacking that train of thought, does it work with the Int half of Soul Breaker? Last I checked that part does not count +damage cards, because it is magical and magic never works with the regular +damage cards, but Hibram is made specifically for magic damage.
It would make for fun times :P

lol that would be so OP, but nope.. doesn't work. if i remember correctly, soulbreaker doesn't even factor in MATK, it works with amount of INT.

CookieEater

Quote from: Relics on Apr 14, 2010, 03:06 AM
lol that would be so OP, but nope.. doesn't work. if i remember correctly, soulbreaker doesn't even factor in MATK, it works with amount of INT.
Yeah, it works with Int. But I figured that, since it's magic damage, Hibram's 50% multiplier might've worked. Not that I play SinX or anything, but it could have been fun.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x