Assassin Cross issues.

Started by Cylian, Aug 27, 2009, 01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cylian

Alright, I'm a High wizard from a high rate 200x/200x, 255/120 lvl server (OasisRO), and thus, the only problem I really have with Assassin Crosses is Grimtooth. now, I have Errende Ebecee cards, Horn card, and alligator cards....the sky's the limit. No common card is off-limits. So remember, I have custom donate items (wings, etc.), and valk armor, so headgear and armors are a no-no. If there's anything I can do to make grimtooth is useless as possible, assistance is greatly appreciated.

~Thanks ahead of time,
Cylian.

leesawx3

Hide/cloak if you have a sinx card or smokie card and get him out of grimtooth. (; Have healing itemz (i'm a slims whore) and use slight + slight thingymajob attack. Or heaven drive him out all the time. OR stone curse him when he's in hide. :P If he has GTB, I would say you're screwed.

fluidin

Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Relics

....Heavens drive and earth spike..

Safety wall always up. If he sb's your swall you get a free hit, gimp him out with heavens/earth spike.. rinse repeat.

Sarin

Rule no.1: Be prepared. Get either Boxes of Sunlight or better Maya Purple card. Wizard caught by surprise dies faster than male mantis during mating season :D
Keep the distance. Grimtooth does not have as long range as your spells. Use quagmire to slow him down, lvl 1 SG to toss him around and eventually freeze if he has GR.
If he is in grim range, SW and bombard him with Heaven's Drive to keep him from hiding. He'll eventually try something else....

Cylian

Perhaps I should have specified a few things. I do however, like the safety wall idea.
I have A smokie card, I'm workin on a sinx card, I have maya p, anything I would really need against him in terms of cards...I jsut require strategies :)

Flare Ember

Horn and Alligators would do wonders for the immediate problem.  Noxious Card in garment too.  Thats 55% less damage from Range right there.  If you use Thara and Noxious + Alligator, you get 44% less damage from Grimtooth, but you also have added protection from other things.

I don't know if Safety Wall blocks it when its farther away.  Heavens Drive will unhide him, you won't have to worry about grimtooth if he's using a GTB since its a Shield Card.

Depending on the delay your server has, a good combo would be to overlay an SG, and then Heavens Drive him to unhide him and have him get hit by SG.  Either he gets frozen, or takes the damage, or goes back into hiding.  If he ever should freeze though, Amp and JT him.  If he is using a Katar to Grim, you have to worry about things like GTB and Maya less.

That all being said, Wizard's are soft and squishy while SinX are quick and hit hard.  One on one, the SinX is generally going to have an advantage.

Sarin

Safety wall don't block GT, but pins down a SinX to GT, eventually SBK. The less options enemy have, the better your chances are.
Your best chances are to make his life miserable. Stack up anything you can on him-Quag, Heaven's Drive, lvl1 SG, gravity field. Try to put some Fire Pillars in his way-maxed FP nakes him unable to do anything for 2 sec, enough to cast something nasty on him.

fluidin

If the sinx is good at quick switching, you ARE pretty much screwed though.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

blackgh05t

Quote from: Sarin on Aug 28, 2009, 10:11 AM
Safety wall don't block GT

GT level 2 and below are considered physical melee attacks. [Source]  I know a few SinXs who use it.
eos
Est. 2008

Orange

Quote from: blackgh05t on Sep 08, 2009, 04:31 AM
Quote from: Sarin on Aug 28, 2009, 10:11 AM
Safety wall don't block GT

GT level 2 and below are considered physical melee attacks. [Source]  I know a few SinXs who use it.

Yeah, it's awesome >:3 Not many expect it but it's only really useful for me toying with priests and champs : D

Do you have insta cast? also if GTB is 100% resist and he is good you are completely screwed 1v1, wizards are just not good on >99's usually

Anyways you could try pest card(then sight+firebolt/MS or whatever) or casting sight(away from him or he will immedietly backslide) then SG'ing where he is and running up to him, it will get a few hits off and if you have kiels you can easily own him fast
:3