About the "acolyte/priest" class

Started by Helrouis, Jun 13, 2008, 01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki

We don't need good eyes, if you quote it, it'll show the message. You can even copy paste it on notepad.

Now, on topic. Party could be a factor but if you think about it, pros doesn't need priest to into PvP. They would just consider them as "tedious". Max ASPD kills the game  :-\
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Helrouis

Quote from: Loki on Jun 15, 2008, 10:26 AM
We don't need good eyes, if you quote it, it'll show the message. You can even copy paste it on notepad.

Now, on topic. Party could be a factor but if you think about it, pros doesn't need priest to into PvP. They would just consider them as "tedious". Max ASPD kills the game  :-\

My battle priest = LODs. LoL.

baseballGuy

Quote from: Helrouis on Jun 15, 2008, 01:52 PM
but the chances of coma being casted is so looooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggggg.

Ansuz Isaz

xD It depends on which item he means. If he's refering to the traditionally stated LoD - Lord of Death - than... Yes. xD Even then, if you're on a high rate that grants you easy access to enough AGI to get max ASPD, then those blows go through pretty fast.

If he means the less used Ledge of Death [2]... Than it's not long at all, with a 10% coma rate. xD Ten hits? If the character simply pumps AGI and DEX for as much ASPD as they can get - and the ability to hit the target - they don't need any other stat, except for VIT due to the close range battling.

Poki

Priests can't hunt that well compared to other classes.  When have you ever seen more than 10 priests in all your life in RO, hunting by themselves?

And soul link is more of another factor that's added.  We're talking about the classes themselves, not the class combined :(

But I do agree, priests are quite easy to level with and they're pretty flexible.

Helrouis

Quote from: Poki on Jun 18, 2008, 11:21 AM
Priests can't hunt that well compared to other classes.  When have you ever seen more than 10 priests in all your life in RO, hunting by themselves?

And soul link is more of another factor that's added.  We're talking about the classes themselves, not the class combined :(

But I do agree, priests are quite easy to level with and they're pretty flexible.
Undead monsters have decent drops I believe.. You may want to check out ancient mummy, wraith, and the rest of the undead monsters has to offer... And a tough priest with +10 equipments+assump can do MvP alone some undead bosses via magnus exorcism..

SL+HL? Yes, it's one of the priest class' potential skills. Why not mention SB+SL on an assassin thread, correct?

Ansuz Isaz

True, an intelligent HP could even solo some of the Bio 3 MVPs with a bit of skill and patience, but he has a point. xD Then again, that's not exactly where they shine. Let the Biochemists, Champions, and Snipers have thier MVP stage, along with Snipers being the unarguable best hunting class in the game. =P Thus, why most professional HPers will almost always end up buying their needed equipment off of the merchants vending them. As Hel said, several undead monsters drop fairly price worthy equipment.

They just make the zeny to buy the gear, since their class kind of hinders them against hunting a lot of the stuff themselves. n_n;

Infection

Quote from: Loki on Jun 15, 2008, 02:55 AM
Quote from: baseballGuy on Jun 14, 2008, 06:40 PM
Quote•as well as soul link + holy light
•as well as autoStorm gust/meteor storm/autospell cards
•then even with 1 str, hitting people with few def and vit ranges to 100-200, not to mention, the almost all •other classes has no healing ability as strong as theirs.
•they can silence vitless enemies
•assumptio is like an energy coat that doesn't drain SP
•they have an alternative - kyrie eleison defense if assumptio is not working
•2 Imp cards on accessories+fire bolt scroll.
•Lex Aeterna Okay
•Strong Melee Skills? Safety wall.
•Siroma + cold bolt?
•Strong Range Skills? Pneuma
•EDP+Berserk LK/Crit/etc? Decrease Agi them, increase yours.
•***Fallen Bishop Hibram Card***
there its complete
Quote from: Loki on Jun 14, 2008, 08:45 AM
High Priests are flexible in LR but IMO they can't do anything in PvP if its a HR. Should I list a few things that will own HP on HR?  :P
id liked to see those few things

keep this thread running plox.. we need more input and more posts =P

MORE POSTS! Ok, here's my list of things that I think killed High Priest on HR.

- Max ASPD (and not to mention, with high damage)
-EDP SinX (dead before you can even say "berries")
-Zerks with GTB (NO DISPELL! OMGZ)
-Autocast (High Wizzies and Profs~)

Feel free to add~
No, no, no, and no. Autocast wizzies / profs? Doesn't that mean Priests can autocast SW / Basilica too? I guess that knocks the max aspd / sinx / zerk off your list.

Zerk with gtb? Then that means the Priest can use gtb as well. ^^;

NICE LIST YOU GOT THERE, HOLMEZ.
sup.

baseballGuy

Quote from: Ansuz Isaz on Jun 18, 2008, 11:12 AM
xD It depends on which item he means. If he's refering to the traditionally stated LoD - Lord of Death - than... Yes. xD Even then, if you're on a high rate that grants you easy access to enough AGI to get max ASPD, then those blows go through pretty fast.

If he means the less used Ledge of Death [2]... Than it's not long at all, with a 10% coma rate. xD Ten hits? If the character simply pumps AGI and DEX for as much ASPD as they can get - and the ability to hit the target - they don't need any other stat, except for VIT due to the close range battling.
Oh i see i thought it was Lord Of Death. The good thing is Ledge of Death also gives 15% MATK and aspd per refine so it has two options.

Poki

Uh... Yeah, that's undead, big deal.  The priest can take down the enemies that are weak against them.
When I said hunt, I meant hunt cards, priest equips etc.

Why would you want to care if priests can MVP or not?  Every class can MVP, and majority of those classes might I say, can MVP better than a priest.

The priest is of course, specialized in undead monsters, but most of the undead monsters do not give what many players are in demand for.  I highly doubt you'll be seeing a high priest MVPing in a server as well [solo-wise]. Why? Because there are other classes that can MVP a lot quicker and more efficient than a high priest.

The only good thing I can say about priests is that they are meant to live.  They can also do this and that, but not as well as the other classes.  Yet, they're not the only ones who are capable of being flexible in their strategic plays.

I would say that priests are also wealthy compared to the economic standards.

By the way, bringing MVP cards, and giving them godly equips does not count to the priest's potential.  Think of the alternatives for other classes if the priests are capable of getting those items.  I'd also like to say that you need to think of how the priests will be getting those items, and will they be bought for?

Also, explain the point of a priest giving up their supportive build role for a battle priest because I rather just choose a different class if I want to kill people.

Unless, you mean a 1v1 type of pvp.  Then I would say priests are pretty tough to beat... unless the player her/himself is terrible.

A priest would probably die from the following:
Assassin Cross
Paladin
Sniper
Creator
Champion (1/2 of the times with this class)
Ninja (1/4 of the times with this class)
Lord Knight (Maybe... I can't really kill priests that often with this class)
Stalker (1/3 of the times with this class)
High priest (Lol.)
Gypsy/Minstrel
Whitesmith (I don't know how to kill efficiently with this class, but it's possible)
Professor
High Wizard

Helrouis

Quote from: baseballGuy on Jun 18, 2008, 07:52 AM
Quote from: Helrouis on Jun 15, 2008, 01:52 PM
but the chances of coma being casted is so looooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggggg.
No it's not.. Use a quad Lord of Death mace. plus, he was speaking of max ASPD. Though correct, they would die first before the coma chances occur, but one time I did Double Kill. It was a 13th day of the month, Friday I guess. (unlucky day for them.. /gg) No kidding, after whacking an LK for a long time in an HR (note we're just talking while whacking him from time to time with 1 damage) he suddenly died, suddenly another LK pass by and started to !&@*(!&# spiral pierce me, so i hit him once and he died. Though, as I said, it was their unlucky day. /e4

@Poki
Uh... Yeah, that's undead, big deal.  The priest can take down the enemies that are weak against them.
When I said hunt, I meant hunt cards, priest equips etc. <-gloves[1],manteau[1] but yea, good for starters, nevertheless they're the fast-to-get-rich class.

Why would you want to care if priests can MVP or not?  Every class can MVP, and majority of those classes might I say, can MVP better than a priest. <-True, but we're talking about potential of the priest and their very flexible capabilites compared to any other characters.

The priest is of course, specialized in undead monsters, but most of the undead monsters do not give what many players are in demand for.  I highly doubt you'll be seeing a high priest MVPing in a server as well [solo-wise]. Why? Because there are other classes that can MVP a lot quicker and more efficient than a high priest.

The only good thing I can say about priests is that they are meant to live.  They can also do this and that, but not as well as the other classes.  Yet, they're not the only ones who are capable of being flexible in their strategic plays.

I would say that priests are also wealthy compared to the economic standards.

By the way, bringing MVP cards, and giving them godly equips does not count to the priest's potential.  Think of the alternatives for other classes if the priests are capable of getting those items.  I'd also like to say that you need to think of how the priests will be getting those items, and will they be bought for? it's out of the subject, not even a single class can attain Gods/Advanced MvPs alone.

Also, explain the point of a priest giving up their supportive build role for a battle priest because I rather just choose a different class if I want to kill people.<-I believe we were talking different rates that time. >.>

Unless, you mean a 1v1 type of pvp.  Then I would say priests are pretty tough to beat... unless the player her/himself is terrible.

A priest would probably die from the following: <-- let's say both have no equipments, and bases everything from skills. let's say that the equipments of the other class who is not magic reliant, is the strongest level 4 weapon for them. Legend : T/P/F          _T_rue,it can defeat the priest     _P_otential       _F_ail

Assassin Cross < P - Safety Wall/Lex Divina/ or just ruwach, lex a.. and run..ruwach again. sins can't heal themselves.. Though 1-2 hits can kill... though that's really a tough battle especially if there's no maya p. or the sinx is a really good backslider that can come 1 cell near from you.

Paladin < F -This is true - Pressure

Sniper < P - Pneuma, Shockwave trap is one of the chances. Lex Divina

Creator < F- Pneuma, but if there's a homun that casts spells, more or less yea, the priest can be owned =P so it's basilica. Int vit dex creator it is.

Champion (1/2 of the times with this class) < T - Safety Wall I believe.. Also, Lex Divina(I believe champs doesnt go for high amounts of Vit).

Ninja (1/4 of the times with this class)  < T - Holy Light even without SL.. Also Lex Divina

Lord Knight (Maybe... I can't really kill priests that often with this class) < P - Yes, a long epic but somewhat
boring battle though. If the LK has INT/SP items, it's possible to kill the priest by skills.

Stalker (1/3 of the times with this class) < F - Ruwach run. divested = fail for the priest, but i have to say, assumptio is still tough. Not enough to kill the priest

High priest (Lol.) < P - Yeah LOL

Gypsy/Minstrel < T - Tarot is simply the best

Whitesmith (I don't know how to kill efficiently with this class, but it's possible) < P - A spike can counter attack  "ice pick" or thanatos weapon. Though it is "High Speed Cart Ram" so it's kinda hard for the priests' side.. + the priest items can be broken too.

Professor  < P - Super Magic+energy coat+magic rod vs Fair magic w/healing+assumptio. Though if the professor have few amounts of Vit? Lex divina

High Wizard < T - An uber pro wizard can kill a priest. -> if the priest can be frozen, he'll do that ice wall, fire wall, fire pillar fortress, amplify, then cast a level 10 SG. yes, it can kill the priest. Especially if the wizard has the items to amplify fire pillar, it's an epic win for the wizard. But again, Priest can sneak in a lex divina in the said ritual.. =P

Poki

Sorry, but I did not want to mention how to kill them because not that many people do know how. It's sad, really.  I'm a monster in RO, seriously.

Assassin Cross < P - Safety Wall/Lex Divina/ or just ruwach, lex a.. and run..ruwach again. sins can't heal themselves.. Though 1-2 hits can kill... though that's really a tough battle especially if there's no maya p. or the sinx is a really good backslider that can come 1 cell near from you.

Why would I be scared as a Sinx? I can SB with EDP and kill you with one shot, and if you safety wall, I can grimtooth in 4 shots for a death from you.
And safety wall can't be mixed with pneuma so it helps me even more.

Paladin < F -This is true - Pressure

I don't understand, are you saying paladins can kill or not kill? Either way, I can kill with a pally using sacrifice.  Safety wall won't help, since I'll push and get you.

Sniper < P - Pneuma, Shockwave trap is one of the chances. Lex Divina

As mentioned, I don't know. But I as a sniper, will kill you.  I don't DS but I FA. With FA, I'll just stack traps and kill you with 20k.  I have massive vit, silencing me won't work.  Plus, I'll shockwave to ensure death in the beginning.

Creator < F- Pneuma, but if there's a homun that casts spells, more or less yea, the priest can be owned =P so it's basilica. Int vit dex creator it is.

Yup, acid demo.  Not only that, but I don't need to rely on the homun.  I can just push you with two skills and AD instantly for a win.

Champion (1/2 of the times with this class) < T - Safety Wall I believe.. Also, Lex Divina(I believe champs doesnt go for high amounts of Vit).

Ever heard of green potions? I can easily rid the silence using battle mode.  Plus, safety wall doesn't help once again, I can push with push palm and land an asura strike before you can cast another since my push palm is stacked with asura near the same time.  Plus, I've got moderate vit.

Ninja (1/4 of the times with this class)  < T - Holy Light even without SL.. Also Lex Divina

I don't remember how I did it... but I doubt I can do anymore, so Ninja does suck against priests.

Lord Knight (Maybe... I can't really kill priests that often with this class) < P - Yes, a long epic but somewhat
boring battle though. If the LK has INT/SP items, it's possible to kill the priest by skills.

Agreed.

Stalker (1/3 of the times with this class) < F - Ruwach run. divested = fail for the priest, but i have to say, assumptio is still tough. Not enough to kill the priest

Yeah, about that.  I did say I like stalkers.  Reason why is because my stalker is very diverse and can almost do anything.  Reason said, I can confine, strip you since you can't move, you can't silence, I don't need to hide, I'll freeze you, JT you, freeze you again (keep note that you have no marc or w/e) and JT you until death.  You can only land one heal between each chain of FD and JT but it's not enough to live.

High priest (Lol.) < P - Yeah LOL

Yup. lol.

Gypsy/Minstrel < T - Tarot is simply the best

Read my mind.

Whitesmith (I don't know how to kill efficiently with this class, but it's possible) < P - A spike can counter attack  "ice pick" or thanatos weapon. Though it is "High Speed Cart Ram" so it's kinda hard for the priests' side.. + the priest items can be broken too.

I don't play with that class much, but based on what you said, it seems good enough. Kudos to you.

Professor  < P - Super Magic+energy coat+magic rod vs Fair magic w/healing+assumptio. Though if the professor have few amounts of Vit? Lex divina

Depends on the players for this battle.  Oh, and luck seeing as soul burn isn't 100%.  But whatever the case, the victor is depending on the skill soul burn.

High Wizard < T - An uber pro wizard can kill a priest. -> if the priest can be frozen, he'll do that ice wall, fire wall, fire pillar fortress, amplify, then cast a level 10 SG. yes, it can kill the priest. Especially if the wizard has the items to amplify fire pillar, it's an epic win for the wizard. But again, Priest can sneak in a lex divina in the said ritual.. =P

I'd play smart as a wizard and not get silenced. If I do, I'd green pot it.  Plus, I'd trap the high priest first before engaging battle by massive ice wall.  Then I'll do a good sweep with storm gust and land 2k per hit, JT, FD, SG.
Of course, if the priest was smart, that priest wouldn't be in the trap in the first place, so this one is all about skill.

In most of these scenarios, there's hardly a pro priest to ever be seen.  I have seen a few however, but I never fought with them because we were "gangsters". Lol.

Anyways, as I stated, high priests are not that over powered.  They are pretty balanced with all the other classes. Some have an advantage over the others etc.

By the way, bringing MVP cards, and giving them godly equips does not count to the priest's potential.  Think of the alternatives for other classes if the priests are capable of getting those items.  I'd also like to say that you need to think of how the priests will be getting those items, and will they be bought for? it's out of the subject, not even a single class can attain Gods/Advanced MvPs alone.

Missed that by accident, but actually, some classes can MVP alone.  Snipers can, as well as champions and wizards.  I'm sure there are others but the thing is, it takes way too long... but as I stated earlier, high priests are not meant to MVP, because it just sucks with them and takes too long (except for undead MVPs and it's possible for them to MVP) besides, I might as well MVP with a different char, non?

Loki

Quote from: Infection on Jun 18, 2008, 05:38 PM
Quote from: Loki on Jun 15, 2008, 02:55 AM
Quote from: baseballGuy on Jun 14, 2008, 06:40 PM
Quote•as well as soul link + holy light
•as well as autoStorm gust/meteor storm/autospell cards
•then even with 1 str, hitting people with few def and vit ranges to 100-200, not to mention, the almost all •other classes has no healing ability as strong as theirs.
•they can silence vitless enemies
•assumptio is like an energy coat that doesn't drain SP
•they have an alternative - kyrie eleison defense if assumptio is not working
•2 Imp cards on accessories+fire bolt scroll.
•Lex Aeterna Okay
•Strong Melee Skills? Safety wall.
•Siroma + cold bolt?
•Strong Range Skills? Pneuma
•EDP+Berserk LK/Crit/etc? Decrease Agi them, increase yours.
•***Fallen Bishop Hibram Card***
there its complete
Quote from: Loki on Jun 14, 2008, 08:45 AM
High Priests are flexible in LR but IMO they can't do anything in PvP if its a HR. Should I list a few things that will own HP on HR?  :P
id liked to see those few things

keep this thread running plox.. we need more input and more posts =P

MORE POSTS! Ok, here's my list of things that I think killed High Priest on HR.

- Max ASPD (and not to mention, with high damage)
-EDP SinX (dead before you can even say "berries")
-Zerks with GTB (NO DISPELL! OMGZ)
-Autocast (High Wizzies and Profs~)

Feel free to add~
No, no, no, and no. Autocast wizzies / profs? Doesn't that mean Priests can autocast SW / Basilica too? I guess that knocks the max aspd / sinx / zerk off your list.

Zerk with gtb? Then that means the Priest can use gtb as well. ^^;

NICE LIST YOU GOT THERE, HOLMEZ.

Yes it is nice. Thanks  :D Suggest more please~!
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Scars

You can reduce experience of undead monsters.

Btw, Book of dead, 10% coma  ;D

I think the whole Coma thing is a failure and total mess, since when its fine for battles in mmorpg to win/lose based on pure luck?

Sarin

Quote from: Scars on Jun 19, 2008, 09:49 AM
I think the whole Coma thing is a failure and total mess, since when its fine for battles in mmorpg to win/lose based on pure luck?

From the times of D&D :P