Started by yassuo, May 27, 2020, 05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yassuo

AMD RYZEN 3 2200G PROCESSOR
GIGABYTE A320M MOTHERBOARD
ADATA 8GB DDR4 3200MHZ OC
and SSD but no GPU install. I can still play RO. Does no GPU install?  /no1

yC

As far as I know, gravity build their game without utilizing the GPU power at all.  It could be because RO is an old game, 20 years ago a gaming video card is such a luxury.  But even so, my friend that played RO2 (2013~ second version) experienced the same thing.  He spent $1000 and bought the top gaming video card at the time but WoE still lag like hell for him.

There is a guide in this forum somewhere that teach you how to make the game make use of your video card, I am not sure if that still apply.

yassuo

ok, that means I can play RO game. without using GPU install right? only power of CPU, RAM, SSD then good internet connection right to play ro?

yC

Assuming your motherboard has a built in video chip.  Anyway, if you can play the game now or your monitor is showing anything, that should be fine.

yassuo

oh, I see. ro game only needs good internet speed not gaming pc right?
lower ping inro is better than pc for gaming?

iamgnome

Quote from: yassuo on May 28, 2020, 09:53 PM
oh, I see. ro game only needs good internet speed not gaming pc right?
lower ping inro is better than pc for gaming?

Yes correct you do not need a gaming pc for RO to run.

One thing I have observed while playing RO servers today is that newer clients needs atleast built-in GPU [e.g. Intel Graphics Card] for it to run.
Also, you need to choose your video card on the setup on in-game setup because there's a drop down menu that make you select it

yassuo

old pc with good CPU and Ram and SSD + good internet speed fiber = no dropping fps or less lag in woe right?
i dont have bugdet in gpu gtx yet.
/no1

iamgnome

Quote from: yassuo on May 31, 2020, 01:48 AM
old pc with good CPU and Ram and SSD + good internet speed fiber = no dropping fps or less lag in woe right?
i dont have bugdet in gpu gtx yet.
/no1

That should be good to go. You can play RO with it. On board graphics will do just to make sure.