What does "GM" really mean to you?

Started by Mewi, Feb 07, 2008, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

So wait. GM means f***?

I got lost in your argument

i think he means that it has so many meanings to it that it doesn't really matter......... XD

EDIT: weeeeee typos

mark_sanbeda

Quote from: phranxis on May 25, 2008, 03:19 AM
the abbr. GM has no more meaning. it just refers to people who are higher than normal player(well it DOES have a meaning)
just like WTF which refers to holy cow or what!!!. cus no one types the real meaning
WTF can also refer to F*** or holy s***! (can also refer to !!!!!!)
just like GM.

WTF refers to holy cow? Lmao~  :-[

phranxis

Quote from: GM録mark登sanbeda数 on May 26, 2008, 01:58 AM
Quote from: phranxis on May 25, 2008, 03:19 AM
the abbr. GM has no more meaning. it just refers to people who are higher than normal player(well it DOES have a meaning)
just like WTF which refers to holy cow or what!!!. cus no one types the real meaning
WTF can also refer to F*** or holy s***! (can also refer to !!!!!!)
just like GM.

WTF refers to holy cow? Lmao~  :-[

well not exactly
Spoiler
i was on crack
[close]

Helrouis

GMs are far different from staff. People always mix the both of them. GMs are the so called general managers, like Yc said. However, the event boys, recruiters, clowns&entertainment people, aren't supposed to be called "GM". and from the 1st place, GM means "Game Master". I just lol if someone says I became a GM here blah2x but never really know about the game, only wearing those fancy clothes and do some events. GMs aren't suppose to be clowns or entertainers from the 1st place too.

Loki

GM = Gigolo Master?

But I'm sure it was called Game Moderator  :-\
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Brainstorm

GM origin was from table RPGs, and it meant GAME MASTER.
Enough said.

Helrouis

Quote from: Brainstorm on Jun 07, 2008, 05:23 AM
GM origin was from table RPGs, and it meant GAME MASTER.
Enough said.
Yes, and not fancy event clowns out there who feels like they know everything about the server.

Aragorn

hey what are all these stupid f*** scribbles on your test?
OH BAKA SENSEI THAT'S NIHONGO

RULE 1:
Every post that disagrees to the previous to Aragorn is a flame or insult.

Chii-Val

Google Me :D
Haha.. I don't see whats wrong with Game Master, never even bothered to know what it really meant >_>"
But a GM to me is like... A big person who is willing to help, nothing that gives me an OMG moment :)
Referral link not allowed.  Thank you.

Lore

Grand Masochist

because GM's sacrifice their playtime for the Server's betterment. Well...at least that should be the reason...

Which is why I will never GM.

googeley matress >.<

Pandora

[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

lol ya got a good laugh outa that one x3

Mamimi

Game Moderator is actually what I thought it stood for when I first started playing.  A GM to me is a player that goes out of their way to make sure a server's needs are being met; ie support, bugs, making new npcs, etc. A GM should be someone who can dedicate some of their life to helping other people have a good gaming experience.

~~T~~