Unique Punishments

Started by MrrgleCaek, Apr 18, 2008, 09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshy_1289

I dont know if this was said or not but i know on our server there is No punishment dealt out that isn't agreed upon all of the GMs...

Its the easiest way to keep people from being bias.

Mewi

Quote from: Joshy_1289 on Oct 28, 2008, 05:47 PM
I dont know if this was said or not but i know on our server there is No punishment dealt out that isn't agreed upon all of the GMs...

Its the easiest way to keep people from being bias.

Well I think you can't really do that, for example bots... They need to be banned on spot, else leaving them around can cause damage to the server.   Other things such as mass spammers/rule violators/bug exploiters.

I'd say a staff meeting on how to deal with certain members that are acting/are like/being trolls would be a good idea this way the whole staff can back up the decision to remove that person from the server.

Becoming a GM means you sacrifice a part of your soul forever, be prepared.

Hutchy

Having a discipline code actually makes things a lot easier in terms of punishments and consistency.

Joshy_1289

Ok Maybe i should go into more detail... When i posted last, I was in a hurry.

I should rephrase.

Bots are a given insta ban! Its in the rules.

Spammers and harassment cases are dealt with a mute and more mutes and maybe a jail if it gets to bad, until majority of the staff can decide on a punishment suitable. We currently have 8 staff, 6 of which are on every single day. We have all the phone numbers of ever staff who say call whenever. We usually take votes on everything.

Say Johnny has 3 mutes and a Jail, and i bring to there attention "Hey He has been having problems lately" They say l copy the punishment logs to a thread post it and have a poll a punishment. The Poll would probably stay up for a few hours, leaving time for about 5 of the active staff to vote. More than plenty to take action.

There are some cases where we get busy, and aren't online. We suggest them to call or try to delay the punishment...

There is alot of ways to provide punishment that will leave the member coming back and apologizing and not being angry. They understand the punishment, they know there faults on the matter and they correct them.  I know not all the members will be like this but most will and have. Just today we had a Spammer yelling at another player due to a problem unknown in town and i took him aside and talked to him. Told him he could take else where, if he had a problem to let us know and handle it. He apologized to me and to the player and went on acting as if nothing had happen. Drama and angry players are generally easy to avoid if you dont act like an idiot punishing people and if you don't talk to other players about.

Mewi

Quote from: Joshy_1289 on Oct 31, 2008, 10:37 AM
Ok Maybe i should go into more detail... When i posted last, I was in a hurry.

I should rephrase.

Bots are a given insta ban! Its in the rules.

Spammers and harassment cases are dealt with a mute and more mutes and maybe a jail if it gets to bad, until majority of the staff can decide on a punishment suitable. We currently have 8 staff, 6 of which are on every single day. We have all the phone numbers of ever staff who say call whenever. We usually take votes on everything.

Say Johnny has 3 mutes and a Jail, and i bring to there attention "Hey He has been having problems lately" They say l copy the punishment logs to a thread post it and have a poll a punishment. The Poll would probably stay up for a few hours, leaving time for about 5 of the active staff to vote. More than plenty to take action.

There are some cases where we get busy, and aren't online. We suggest them to call or try to delay the punishment...

There is alot of ways to provide punishment that will leave the member coming back and apologizing and not being angry. They understand the punishment, they know there faults on the matter and they correct them.  I know not all the members will be like this but most will and have. Just today we had a Spammer yelling at another player due to a problem unknown in town and i took him aside and talked to him. Told him he could take else where, if he had a problem to let us know and handle it. He apologized to me and to the player and went on acting as if nothing had happen. Drama and angry players are generally easy to avoid if you dont act like an idiot punishing people and if you don't talk to other players about.

Well talking to the other players about it can be very unprofessional.  Just remember when you run into a troll they'll be like "yes sir, yes mam"  but the moment you aren't around they'll just continue to do it... so you have to give punishment then they raise the level of rule violation to a whole new level... then a higher level then an even higher higher level until you are left with nothing but the option to ban them.

Leaving them around to wait for a vote from staff while they are throwing a hissy fit and spamming obscenities causing a huge public scene and dodging your mutes/signing on other accounts will cause severe damage to the server.

Loki

Where are the unique punishments?!

All I see in these recent posts are Common and Formal punishments!

Ed-it: Render rule-breakers items and stats useless. For example, they think they're free to go when you don't do anything after given a ban. They have elite equips, items and good stats. But when they get into PvP or WoE, they're hits deals very low damage and would mostly miss. After a few week or so, give them back their dignity  :D

P.S: They might spend their zeny and others to change their builds but that's punishment for rule-breaking too  ;)
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

mickiedeez

Quote from: Poki on Oct 17, 2008, 05:50 PM
Quote from: mickiedeez on Oct 17, 2008, 04:29 PM
Quote from: mickiedeez on Oct 16, 2008, 10:36 PM
Quote from: Auroraâ,,¢ on Oct 16, 2008, 01:00 PM
To be an administrator isn't necessarily a privilege when you're the one paying for it, honestly, which gives you the right to decide the punishments, how the punishments are administered and to what extent they are administered. Just because it might lag someone to the extent of having to exit the game, doesn't make it his intention. The only reason he incorporates such methods is to make it unenjoyable, not to purposely make it so their computer frizzes out. Again, if that happens, it's their own problem. If different and unusual, as already stated, is corrupt, then there are a lot of people that are "corrupt" in this world.

Also, being a player on a server is a privilege, not a right. An administrator has the right to take away said privilege upon any infractions towards the server, again, in anyway they decide when it comes to the severity of the act against the server. I also take being a GM very seriously, but again, my opinions are different from yours.

uhm this guy is clearly corrupt(the original poster).

Quote from: MrrgleCaek on Apr 21, 2008, 07:10 PM
This was about revenge on my part? o_o;
I thought it was just for fun =v, oh well, silly me. How many more things do corrupt GMs do? And...I can't comprehend about being serious for a private server and this whole "GM code" thing unless I missed a manual for knowing the GM code =v. People seem to use the word Corrupt alot nowadays *scratches chin*.
But alas, some seem to disapprove of me being cynical....I must be looking so terrible as a GM right now XD!

his unique punishments aren't for justice, they're apparently for fun......

btw which tarded necromancer resurrected this topic >_>

Are you asking for who this "tarded necromancer" is? If so, it's Bleu.
Anymore irrelevant questions?

Wheres the cheese?

.....*uses necromancy*
Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.

vividcolors

Lol.

Warp them to a map that has a large body of water and use Waterball on them. >_> Never-ending-ness.

Cielte

Quote from: vividcolors on Jan 25, 2009, 09:22 PM
Lol.

Warp them to a map that has a large body of water and use Waterball on them. >_> Never-ending-ness.

That's abuse if anything.

Poki

Quote from: vividcolors on Jan 25, 2009, 09:22 PM
Lol.

Then they'd die and re-spawn and run happily ever after in the fields outside of prontera.

Mewi

Quote from: Loki on Oct 31, 2008, 10:50 PM
Where are the unique punishments?!

All I see in these recent posts are Common and Formal punishments!

I'd like to call them... "Common Sense" punishments ^.~