Recruitment Haunting Task

Started by Rock007, Aug 02, 2010, 07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock007

Uhh,Better be a gm rather than being admin or owner of the server mental stress some times peaks off,first of developing scripting eates most of the brains adding to that recruiting a trust worthy GMs is another big task this can effect you visa versa procedure

Recruitment posted on rms section
Many applied many wish to hide and just add me on IMs

after that when contacted they will impress you liek any thing by saying they had been _____ in some apple,mango,orange,grapes RO

with many years of experience okay i out them to test and give them a Trial GM account they think they became a permanent gm after this day they come online once and nver seen again  and when they are kicked they complain they need a valid reason If they are noobs they bound to give me a valid reason and if i give them valid reason they start abusing on us and next minute a negative review on RMS :) :'( :'( :'(:)
Want to increase your post reply to my threads or post :)

Gankz

Well, maybe you shouldn't hire the people who are obviously bad GMs. A lot of people (this is my own experience from being a lowly support GM on a server) will apply to be a GM and then act like they aren't obligated to log in, and they treat it like being a typical player just with GM powers. You just need to look out for these kinds of people:

-Poor grammar
-Aren't very educated in the game
-Don't give you enough information
-Anyone under 16 (STRICT RULE)
-Anyone who, based from your own judgment, doesn't sound very dedicated

Rock007

Most often i find people educated but they arent matured enough for some situations some times i find quarelling like childrens asking commands

Lucian

I find my friends who I know have had experience and are mature.

Tom~

Extensive interviews are always the best way of getting to know someone who's applying for a job. I wouldn't hire someone I don't like just because I think he would be a good GM/Developer. Teams are made of trust. If I can't trust a member of my team, how is the team supposed to be successful?

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Immortal

I agree with Tom completely.  Skills can be taught but if you don't like the person or can't trust them it will never work.

Rock007

@Lucian

Pass on some members to me :)

utsav_chs

@Tom
But our faith of trusting someone is shattered when someone we trust breaks it.

freakyred

@ustav

That's why you should test them first before giving them the full job.

@Rock

Don't be too quick to hire someone just because they have a good resume. It might be fake you know :P Give them at least three days on the job(not full powers) to see how they do. If you don't like it, cross them out and from 20+ you would most likely get 4-5 which would be a much easier choice.

Yomi

Pick a trustworthy person or person iRL you knew of course. However you should not give him massive commands like @jail or @mute, Feel Free to test his/her skill first before promoting him. :)
[color=green]A New Genre of [color=orange]Ragnarok Gaming[/color] Experience.[/color]
[color=red]Coming Soon.[/color]

Tom~

Quote from: Yomi on Sep 12, 2010, 10:28 AMHowever you should not give him massive commands like @jail or @mute
Those are basic commands if you want a GM to do his job... commands like @item, @produce, @blevel, @job, @doom... those are commands you should not give to a new GM.

@utsav:
Yes, but that's why you should not give the person commands that aren't really needed to do his/her job correctly. If you don't trust anyone, then don't expect your team to succeed.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Yomi

Oh for me I need to test him/her first before giving those @mute and @jail too .. He/She might abused it and might make some people annoyed with those command, especially if the server is just new :) *Those might be abused and will lead players annoyed so it might be a reason for them to leave your server and such.*
[color=green]A New Genre of [color=orange]Ragnarok Gaming[/color] Experience.[/color]
[color=red]Coming Soon.[/color]