Impersonation Prevention

Started by asdfqwerty123, Sep 27, 2007, 02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poki

Hence why you should never trust anyone on the internet and why GMs should not have legit characters.

Quote from: Poki on Aug 18, 2008, 03:46 AM
Hence why you should never trust anyone on the internet and why GMs should not have legit characters.

i'll agree to half that statement =P

Auroraâ„¢

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with having a legit, if you're a GM.

It's just as easy to impersonate the legit than it is to impersonate the GM. XD

» Coming Soon! «

freakyred

well ... it's almost easy to spot impersonation because they talk different than the person(if you really know how the impersonated person talks)

Poki

Quote from: Auroraâ,,¢ on Aug 18, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with having a legit, if you're a GM.

Everything is wrong if a GM has a legit. The world dies and explodes.

Auroraâ„¢

Not really. xD

GMs deserve to play too.

» Coming Soon! «

Poki

They deserve to play too, that's why they should play on another server, not the server where they are GMs.

Auroraâ„¢

That would be kind of pointless, to me. O_o

Either way, I, personally, think GMs should have legits on the server they GM. Not only does it give them a chance to experience things as a player, including possible bugs, glitches, and even things that are overpowered, but it gives them a time to relax when the friends that they have on that server.

That's my own opinion~ Anyways, back with being ontopic. XD Impersonation, at any time, will be hard to prevent, like I already said, systems or no systems.

» Coming Soon! «

ehem we already have a topic about if GM's should have legits or not XD lets take this convo there~

Poki

Sure, back on to the topic; Whoever falls for the trick deserves it. I believe it's not the ascreen:dministrators' or the GM's fault if the player falls in to the trap of another player impersonating. Pretty much your fault for being so gullible. Prevention would be simple as a rule on the rule screen:

"Do not give your account or items to anyone, even the GMs"

All the administrator needs to do is just ban whoever breaks the rule about impersonating. They don't need to give back the items. Plus... I haven't really seen any problems with impersonation within servers.

Littlechan

topic says it XD

I know that long time ago, someone said that we need to make many characters that have similar nickname with our name. but that doesn't help really much, as there's always someone who got tricked o.o

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

Cielte

Use names that you can only make editing it in the database.
Make sure every player knows who the real GM's are.

Would be the two good ways I suppose. I strongly doubt some idiot'll go as far as typing the same as a GM. Which means you could probably tell them apart if the names allowed.

Littlechan

Quote from: Zone on Feb 04, 2009, 06:20 AM
http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/gamemaster-talk/impersonation-prevention/0/

that topic is the one I talk about on the first post D:

@azurene

there will always be players who got tricked because he/she is too lazy to checking around staff's pages D:

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

^^ im going to merge the two posts together since there about the same thing =3

but as a normal tip its recommended that you regularly tell people that GM's won't be asking for account info