Contemplating on making a server ranking site (like top200 or whatever)

Started by Zone, Feb 19, 2009, 06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoisonWolf

Quote from: Zone on Feb 20, 2009, 04:13 PM
You will not be able to donate for points/votes, however, there will be a monthly fee.
I don't want to have every 12 year old and their little sister making spam listings.
The monthly fee is tbd.
I will be the only one administrating this, and no one else. (To eliminate any chance of unfairness)
No server, not even ones I have any trace of relation with, will have a hand from me.
Not even my own server. Why? Wtf do you think I am making this for? Integrity, Honesty, and Reliability.
Enough of these bulls**t voting sites.

Zone,

Not going to work. The moment anyone sees "monthly fee", they're more or less going to go to the next site. Don't waste your time.

Good day.

Orange

All the voting sites atm suck donkey, If you can pull it of gogo,
:3

Descent

I don't know how many Admins will take to seeing the monthly fee.

Depending on the fee, I may or may not be cool with it. As much as I would love to see a project like this, topsites are free for a reason.

Zone

Quote from: Descent on Feb 22, 2009, 03:07 PM
I don't know how many Admins will take to seeing the monthly fee.

Depending on the fee, I may or may not be cool with it. As much as I would love to see a project like this, topsites are free for a reason.
That fee will only be in place if the other sites have one.
There has to be some way of making sure that every 12 year old and her little sister's boyfriend's cousin's dog doesn't register a server cause they have it on their computer and don't know how to set it up right.

Omi

I wouldn't recommend doing this.  If you're going to make a payment fee, people will swap over to other voting sites.  I mean, not many people actually care that people buy their votes.

Zone

Quote from: Sir Schmoopy on Feb 22, 2009, 04:41 PM
I wouldn't recommend doing this.  If you're going to make a payment fee, people will swap over to other voting sites.  I mean, not many people actually care that people buy their votes.
Alright, I just looked into this, it's not the registration that costs cash, it's advertisement.
So yeah, listing your servers will be free.
Advertising them all over the place will not.

Descent

Quote from: Zone on Feb 22, 2009, 04:58 PM
Alright, I just looked into this, it's not the registration that costs cash, it's advertisement.

Now we're talking. I had a feeling you may have meant advertisement.

Zone

Quote from: Descent on Feb 22, 2009, 11:26 PM
Quote from: Zone on Feb 22, 2009, 04:58 PM

Now we're talking. I had a feeling you may have meant advertisement.
Yeah, I just had to look more into their sites to see what they charge for.
I intend it to be less then they charge for.

Anti-Static Foam Cleaner

You will not be able to donate for points/votes, however, there will be a monthly fee.

Well I can't see how that could go wrong

Descent

Quote from: Anti-Static Foam Cleaner on Feb 23, 2009, 06:15 AM

Well I can't see how that could go wrong

About the fee he's talking about. He means for banners, which is basically what topsites does anyway, they won't do spot advertisement for free.

Loki

QuoteWhatever floats your boat.