Elecom Shield cracked!

Started by Zone, Feb 11, 2009, 05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zone

That's right, for those of you who think Elecom Shield can protect you from botters, you are wrong.
Last week I found out that Elecom Shield had indeed been cracked, source will not be released due to an individual releasing source code for the crack.
The source code has been taken down, however, others are further analyzing this and are in the process of further reverse engineering this anti-bot.
Others have tested the crack and proved they could get into a servers, however cannot move, talk, or use any skill.
However, as I said, the source code has been released and many are working together to reverse engineer it.

Xeighter

its a shame but its kind of expected.... ={

Littlechan

nothing created by human is perfect, because human itself isn't perfect :-X :-X

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

A92FL0163

For some reason, as soon as I saw the title, it remembered me of Zodiac Knights series, where there was a holy knight who had the strongest shield that was unbreakable and kept breaking every episode. Anyway, it's not related to this problem.

What is elecom shield, is it a anti-bot like anti-hack protection from Gravity? Not much into botting stuff.

Zone

Yeah, and soon it will be useless.

Omi

correction, is useless, and has been for some time now, it's just only recently someone announced they've cracked it.

PoisonWolf

Guys,

No worries. This was already expected (on the developer's side). He may be developing Elecom Shield Two. :) He hasn't even worked on it for quite some time now. ;)

Cheers.

Zone

Quote from: PoisonWolf on Feb 13, 2009, 10:49 AM
Guys,

No worries. This was already expected (on the developer's side). He may be developing Elecom Shield Two. :) He hasn't even worked on it for quite some time now. ;)

Cheers.
Elecom Shield 2 was released and cracked, the developer stopped working on it.

PoisonWolf

Quote from: Zone on Feb 13, 2009, 01:10 PM
Guys,

Cheers.

Zone,

Whoever made that Elecom Shield 2 must not have been the real fella then. I know the real developer of the Elecom Shield personally and for the most part, he has called it quits (for now) because he's currently in college and stuff. If anything is funny about it, it's that it took people 2 years to officially announce a "crack" that basically allows you to log into the server only.

Good day.

Zone

Quote from: PoisonWolf on Feb 13, 2009, 06:16 PM
Guys,

Cheers.

Zone,

Whoever made that Elecom Shield 2 must not have been the real fella then. I know the real developer of the Elecom Shield personally and for the most part, he has called it quits (for now) because he's currently in college and stuff. If anything is funny about it, it's that it took people 2 years to officially announce a "crack" that basically allows you to log into the server only.

Good day.
What's your friend's name then?
And, it takes noobs 2 years to release a crack, I am sure if someone was to learn reverse engineering, like they are doing, they will get it done alot faster.

PoisonWolf

Quote from: Zone on Feb 13, 2009, 06:56 PM
Quote from: PoisonWolf on Feb 13, 2009, 06:16 PM
Guys,

Cheers.

Zone,

Good day.
What's your friend's name then?
And, it takes noobs 2 years to release a crack, I am sure if someone was to learn reverse engineering, like they are doing, they will get it done alot faster.

Zone,

I apologize, I checked up on the so-called Elecom Shield V2, and it is indeed by the same person. I'd like to point out that there has been a misunderstanding. When I said Elecom Shield 2, I meant a different program altogether (re-built from ground up with better security). The Elecom Shield V2 you are looking at is a continuation of the older predecessors.

There were plans I believe for a complete overhaul (if I remember our conversations correctly), but. Life goes on for everyone.

I'm glad that he managed to make some side-change at the very least for all the time he has spent on developing the software.

Cheers.