How long does it take to make your population large?

Started by landrogamer, Aug 26, 2011, 08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landrogamer

I was wondering, because we started a server and its up and running for 3 months now, and we average around 45 players per day. Is that normal? Or is there something I should be doing rather than posting on any top voting sites?

Erebus

You need something unique, something to draw the masses for starters. Put a lot of quality into your product verses quantity and you should be fine. Focus on the areas that players hate and fix those issues

landrogamer

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it. But how do you advertise? Is there any way to advertise rather than joining the top 100 sites>?

Love Me

Hello landrogamer, rather than joining in RO voting sites, it so many ways to advertise your server like this one, the RMS forum and also in the other Forum Sites that offering Advertisements for RO; I will PM you some of the forums that might help to your server =)
[color=green]Life is nothing without friendship.[/color]

| aeRO Information | aeRO Forum | aeRagnarok Online | aeMU Online |

Chemical Crush

Quote from: landrogamer on Aug 26, 2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it. But how do you advertise? Is there any way to advertise rather than joining the top 100 sites>?

People also use Twitter and Facebook, because I think if someone 'likes' your facebook page the person that 'liked' it's friends will see that they 'liked' it and maybe be inclined to check it out.  Or something. 

And also, forums like red said.  You just really gotta put a lot of effort into advertising your server and really point out WHY its better than joining other servers.

Love Me

Chemical Crush is also right, Twitter and Facebook are also now used to encourage others, OR if you have budget for advertising, Google Adwords will be very helpful to your server.
[color=green]Life is nothing without friendship.[/color]

| aeRO Information | aeRO Forum | aeRagnarok Online | aeMU Online |

PR-RiverStyx

There are many ways to make your population large and your server noticed without going 1 on 1 with players.

You can do specific things (Which I won't go into detail about here) to make your webpage higher up on results for Google Searches.

You can create a Facebook account and have anyone you know / anyone that plays "Like" it. It is free advertisement for their entire friends list.

Twitter I am not too sure about. But I'm sure if people put @ServerNameHere I love you! and they have many followers you could get noticed through Twitter.
The truth hurts.

yC

Quote from: landrogamer on Aug 26, 2011, 08:13 PM
I was wondering, because we started a server and its up and running for 3 months now, and we average around 45 players per day. Is that normal? Or is there something I should be doing rather than posting on any top voting sites?

I think you are doing pretty good.  3 months and average 45 players shows you are on the right track and not making silly decision that would drive people away.  Keep working on it and listen to your community to keep the growth.

landrogamer

Thanks for the tips guys! I was reading about back links a while ago. Is it really helpful?

PR-RiverStyx

Back Links?

I have not seen those used often in a long time.

I would not advise against it but I am not familiar with how Google and other Search Engines work with them these days.

In the past Back Links (Inbound links) were used a lot to get Google to rank your site higher up on the lists if I recall.
The truth hurts.

keben

well your server is lucky. by this time, some private servers have only at least 10 players for 3 months. because there are lots of games upcoming.

zidane26

Quote from: Love Me on Aug 26, 2011, 09:36 PM
Hello landrogamer, rather than joining in RO voting sites, it so many ways to advertise your server like this one, the RMS forum and also in the other Forum Sites that offering Advertisements for RO; I will PM you some of the forums that might help to your server =)

Can you share it to me too? :D

shadylookin

Try to ask from your friends who play RO if they know someone who has High Tier guild who only play for nonmvp-SE woe. It's a good thing because they'll invite other guilds whom they played before in your server. Many High Tier guilds today are finding decent servers to play with.

*EDIT*

Didn't read the topic title lol  /heh. I thought the TS is in need of help on how can he/she advertise his/her server.

On topic:
Yes it's normal or rather its good that you have many players who play on your server because a lot of server today close because of lack of population.

rakuzas

I think other than put ads about our server, better we hear our player suggestion and opinion.. We need to remember we make server for player to play.. But sometimes we dont need to listen their opion/suggestion much.. Like.. Our server is mid rate.. He said drop rate is low bla bla bla so hard to leveling bla bla bla.. Then he ask to increase the rate..

Also, sometimes the best way is.. We make new account.. And play the server itself and player.. Then we will know what to be fixed.. For my server.. Already 2 month old.. But still have something to be fixed.. And be a nice GM..

~ Good luck~