How do you advertise your Server?

Started by brainnysmurfs, May 15, 2013, 01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brainnysmurfs

Is this already asked in this category? Anyways, I'm having a bit trouble in finding players to play in my server. Although I always receive good positive feedback on my updates from my loyal players but still I'm lack of players. Btw, my server is 1 month old.

Thanks guys!

PokemonRO

This is definitely a tough question to answer with complete accuracy. I can offer some suggestions.

1. Youtube - make a personal video of the server, show off features etc

2. facebook - facebook can be pretty viral, it may generate a few more players when all your loyal players feeds show your server

3. RMS - this website is advertisement itself, providing good feedback and exposure with reviews and listings

4. word of mouth - have people refer others

5. incentives - things that may attract them to your server

6. adding unique features that other servers don't have

brainnysmurfs

Thanks for a quick response. I guess I already did that, maybe my server still young that's why they don't trust me yet. Although number 4 is not in my control, I will just hope my loyal players will share this to their friends.

/sob

Yukino

You can also go to other RO-related forums similar to RMS forums to advertise your server such as rAthena, Hercules, etc. Same with other game websites like ElitePvPers, GamerzPlanet, and so forth. In addition, you can consider voting sites as well.

Stay active on RMS forums! Answer in the Server Seeking section, have staff members help with that (server site in signature), and help others out (follow RMS guidelines :P)~

I can't think of any other ideas at the moment... 3 am~
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Kensei

Oh yeah, NEVER advertise your server on other server.

If others find you, they can report you here and boom, your server will be delisted from RMS

brainnysmurfs

Thanks for your advise guys! Even myself I tell my GMs not to post in other server coz that's disrespect to the owner of the server.

SukiChii

Plus it's probably against the rules of that server /heh

crysiscore3

This wall is the one that prevents me from making a server. I cannot figure out how to drive traffic to the site.  Yes, I understand SEO, and I know blackhat experts that can help me well beyond that. So there's really little concern about getting myself a good page rank. But that only helps when somebody blindly goes to Google and starts looking for RO servers. Sure, I could also throw in adwords if I wanted to invest money in building a player base. But that's still the same problem. Ditto Youtube and social media advertisement.

I think the biggest key is hype before launch. If you start out with 5 players online, I don't think you'll ever grow very much. Meanwhile, if you can start with at least 50, it's more a matter of not messing up. However, a new owner hyping a new server seems... challenging at best. Yes, you could promise things like special items only available to people who sign up and play the first two days. But you'd still have to have people's ear. In order to hype, you need time. But that also causes your server to fade from someone's mind.

If I thought I could invest $500-600 and have online players north of 60, I'd be on it tomorrow. Problem is, there's no reliable way that I know of to do this. I've also considered PPI campaigns, but I can't find anyone outside of Russia and former Soviet countries that seem to have success with that.
Thinking of making your own RO PServer?
Read this first.

Boreas

Most effective are the social networks I would say, if you pay for them.

rakuzas

i also have new server.. Already 2nd Month but player about 20 or below 30.. But we do see some new player around.. For me.. i think we need :

- Creativity : Like make events like double exp or so on..
- Regularly update your forum/website/FB page.. Like me, i always post update there.. To make people know..
- Make video.. This one is kinda hard.. But you can do it.. Like me capture screen and show what best thing of my server..
- Pay for ads.. This one maybe much more effective but need money..  /no1

I hope this can help you~

asiaragnarok

actually, im new at developing RO.. and i try to developing by myself and myfriend.. and now the server is on 1st week but the players only 5-15.. im very confuse. i saw many servers that have 100+ players in closed beta (1st opening).. how could i do that? i already posted advertises in facebook,forum".. any idea? thanks :) /heh

Void

Quote from: crysiscore3 on May 18, 2013, 05:59 PMI think the biggest key is hype before launch.

This is so true. Initial hype before the launch can immediately determine whether your server will fall into that seemingly never ending plateau of 20-30 players or if your server will plateau at 100-200 players. The initial hype is everything.

Id suggest a strong forum and other advertising methods as was listed above. It is imperative that you keep a live and active forum on the server you are trying to hype. This will motivate prospective players to advertise for you and bring their friends.

SushiBoy

An active discord and honestly the world of advertisement is pay to play.  You might want to consider paying for targeted ads.

Launch Date: April 17, 2020