Contacting GMs

Started by Hutchy, Sep 04, 2008, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandora

Well that's why you only give it to trusted people, usually to staff members, and they should be mature enough to be way past "prank calls".
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

lol either way, i'd be to scared to ever give out my phone number *hates letting people hear my voice*

i still think the best way is just to give out my msn/yahoo/aim/etc x3
it just seems a lot less possibly stressful and annoying XD

Mewi

Never give out your phone number publicly... Else feel the wrath of vengeful immature players who got punished for breaking the rules ;p

Becoming a GM means you sacrifice a part of your soul forever, be prepared.

asdfqwerty123

I dread, hate, loath, and despise MSN.
But yeah I require all my staff to have one in their staff application before I even hire them.
Not because I need to contact them to pull them in-game, but just to know that I can talk to them in real-time even when they're not in-game or can't get in-game.

Mamimi

Lots of people on the server have my number, including people who don't like me, and the only time someone ever call/texts me is a GM texting me telling me someone is being bad. :P

~EXKillA~

i have given out my email, icq, msn, skype and ts stuff for my server, they can contact me whenever they want because during school time my laptop is always online

only my gm team got my telephone number to call me if there is chaos in the server
[color=red]ECCHI-RO has been moved

New Domain >>>>>> http://ecchi-rag.com/ <<<<<< New Domain

We also activated our old Forum until we fixed our current one, please check out the Homepage[/color]

asdfqwerty123

I don't like the idea of people giving out their phone numbers to people they only know through an MMORPG, bad bad bad idea.

Mamimi

Why? I haven't had any drawbacks to doing it. :o

Hutchy

I regret every moment of it now. Maybe give it to the admin or something. I entrusted it to mediators/lower staff members and it was passed around to everyone. I gave it for emergencies only, but I ended up getting texts and calls at all hours of the night about things like quests or, once, "N> LEECH IN THORS."

If you do it, make sure you trust who you give it to, because getting woken up at 4AM when you have to get up for work at 6 is pretty ridiculous.

Lai

Hey all.

My email and MSN is on the main website of my server.
If it's a hot girl willing to open her webcam, I share the contact of my face as well =)
Then again...it's quite easy to contact me and you get a respond if I have one lol.

Descent

Most of my players have my MSN, and my PM Inbox is always open on the forums.

Only the staff has my personal home # and cell #, in the case of major emergencies(for example, I was out to dinner with my family and my co-admin called with a server-wide issue(unable to restart)).

I've got digital phone, so it doesn't cost me a dime to call my staff(1 on the east coast US, 1 in central US, and 1 on the west coast of Canada).

Mamimi

Quote from: Hutchy on Oct 02, 2008, 12:21 PM
If you do it, make sure you trust who you give it to, because getting woken up at 4AM when you have to get up for work at 6 is pretty ridiculous.
I still wanna know who did that, that's just crazy :x
The only time I got messages is when 1] drama is afoot, 2] -someone- is having a mental breakdown and needs phone-hugs ;_;

Other then that, noone else bothers to call/text me. :x

Littlechan

Quote from: GM Mamimi on Oct 03, 2008, 02:41 AM
Quote from: Hutchy on Oct 02, 2008, 12:21 PM
I still wanna know who did that, that's just crazy :x
The only time I got messages is when 1] drama is afoot, 2] -someone- is having a mental breakdown and needs phone-hugs ;_;

Other then that, noone else bothers to call/text me. :x

lucky you =X

if you do that at Indonesia, I bet you won't get a sleep until you change your number =x

*Thank You very much for Azurene*

The world is getting more and more broken everyday...

The truth about me
I am 17 ;D
[close]

asdfqwerty123

I tell my staff to PM me on my forums first, and MSN is only for live chats when everyone is on or can get on at the same time.  I don't care what it is, I don't need to get a phone call for any reason if it's about the server.  I'm online every minute of free time I have, which is every minute I'm not asleep or at work.  If I'm not online, I couldn't do anything anyway even if I got a call because I'd be at work.  I've never needed anyone to call me and I've been running ScytheRO since Feb 2007.  It's an invasion of your personal life, I would never give out my number to anyone for any reason because there is no point and it is simply a headache. I don't hate the idea of people giving out their phone numbers to people they only know through an MMORPG, it's not smart.

Hutchy

My reasoning for putting my number on the staff boards was that there are several people (mediators, sub-GMs) who might need help, for whatever reason. The idea was that if there was an emergency, they'd be able to contact me. :x I tend to leave my msn/aim on when I go to sleep without posting an away message, so people often think I'm there when I'm not - a phone is the easiest way to get a hold of me.

It makes sense if you trust your fellow staff (which you undoubtedly should), and are fortunate enough to avoid troublemakers.