RO freezes my computer randomly

Started by Majinken Souga, Oct 14, 2009, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majinken Souga

I don't get it. I'll be playing RO for a while, then my computer will completely freeze. I can't do anything except restart the computer when that happens. There's no specific place it freezes at, nor does it give any warning signs. It's been doing this over a few servers now, and it's getting annoying. >:( I'm running 32-bit XP SP3, so I don't see why this is happening.
The only way to save Modern TV: burn it in a pile, then burn the ashes, then compress and burn those ashes, then sprinkle it with holy water, then send the result into a black hole and never see it again.

Relics

I've had this too, it was because of my new video card drivers.. somehow they just froze on certain games, including RO.

As of now, I've downgraded my drivers to .. imo, a stable 2008 one, haven't had a single game crash ever since.

archilles89

Is there anything to fix this problem? Other than changing the Video Card... Please I really love RO so much but I'm suffering with this effing problem.. I'm using NvDIA GeForce 8600M GS...
Please anyone help me..

Scribbles

Quote from: archilles89 on Sep 05, 2010, 05:54 PM
Is there anything to fix this problem? Other than changing the Video Card... Please I really love RO so much but I'm suffering with this effing problem.. I'm using NvDIA GeForce 8600M GS...
Please anyone help me..
Hm... Look Nvidia site for previous versions. Be wary, Nvidia has a bad habit of leaving drivers in the dust and forgetting about them.
If you have a Compaq computer, look into the Compaq site for your drivers.

Making fun of our moderation system, huh? D<

Majinken Souga

It turns out that computer was about to die anyways. It was pretty old. I've since replaced that computer with my laptop. No problems here anymore.
The only way to save Modern TV: burn it in a pile, then burn the ashes, then compress and burn those ashes, then sprinkle it with holy water, then send the result into a black hole and never see it again.