Need Help With Dancer

Started by pcdpcd, Dec 07, 2008, 08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it better to play a Sniper build or Gypsy?

Sniper
1 (50%)
Gypsy
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

pcdpcd

Wat do i add on a dancer skills? I have no clue abt that. Andd my stats i think im totally mixed up >.< Im playing my dancer like a sniper build. So i have a lil dex and all on agi. Can any tell me wat do i add on stats? Or skills?

Sarin

Usually first thing I do is to guide people to search button, but this time I dunno if it would bring some results...

Anyway, dancer is usually levelled same way as hunter/sniper. Full dex/agi build, and find soem hunter levelling guides for best spots. Skills..dancing lesson, and if you're gonna do some partying, ask them if they want some support dance from you. Just get 99/50 and rebirth asap. Gypsy is usually levelled same way, unless you have no resetter available. In that case you gotta decide first what build you're gonna take and level according to its possibilities.

pcdpcd

0.0? So after i reborn i shud start playing donkey a gypsy or a hunter build ? Which works best?
Any skills shud i add for a dancer that is important for gypsy?

Sarin

like I said, unless you have no resetter, leveling and hunting for gear is done in hunter build.

Don't worry about skills for Gypsy unless you are trans, skills and stats are resetted at rebirth.

Poki

You can aim toward a buff/support build.  Int and vit all the way with a bit of str.

Get:

Ugly dance
Please Don't Forget Me
Tarot Card of Fate
Wand of Hermode
Marionette Control
Moonlit Water Mill (I don't know why this works in WoE)
Longing for Freedom
Invulnerable Siegfried
Lullaby
Dancing Lesson
Adaptation to Circumstances     
Encore
Humming
Fortune's Kiss

Spam everything, carry pots for sp and hp.  Spam by using a skill, equip different whip, (cancels song), cast another song and repeat.
Best in battle mode.  Spam pots while spamming songs.

Don't judge me on this,  I didn't give much thought and I don't play with gypsies.  You'll probably need a bard for some cases so you might want to take out that skills that require one.  No idea. Not my class and just some suggestions.

But this build has nothing to do with levelling and is usually for WoE and parties, so don't take my bad guide to the heart.

pcdpcd

Thx for the reply but (Poki) isnt it better i add like dex and agi to hit extremely fast? i dun see how does int help a melee type? and any suggestionss of the best whips?

Sarin

There is agish gypsy build, and is my favorite, but it requires good skill and knowledge of your enemy. It is based around Slow Grace and Tarot card, with several more options, like ranged status delivering with throw arrow, harrasing ranged enemies with melee attack with status rope etc...
As for whips, I suggest having +7 Double Bloody Queens Whip [2] and one rope [4] with status cards...
Poki here mentioned full support build, it is kinda used almost only as dualclienting character...people who have Gypsy as their main use full dex and vit, what is left to int build, because they can effectively use more skills, like Tarot, AV...

fluidin

also depends whether your server has a restter.

basically, hybrid for pvp, full support for woe/group pvp, dex/agi for leveling. if you're more interested in woe gypsies, you can read the gypsy tips thread a few pages down.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

Poki

Quote from: pcdpcd on Dec 08, 2008, 05:27 AM
Thx for the reply but (Poki) isnt it better i add like dex and agi to hit extremely fast? i dun see how does int help a melee type? and any suggestionss of the best whips?

With the build I mentioned, it's not meant for melee.  As said previously, it is a full-support build and normally used as a side character.  However, it's still rather fearsome with the nice amount of vit and int since you can live for a very long time.  Not only can you buff a huge group of players by a lot, you can also decrease and render many enemies to become useless with your de-buffing songs.

Aside from tanking and being able to do so many things, you can also deal damage with your tarot card of fate.  It's probably even better than AV in many cases where the enemy is pretty much immune against long range attacks; such as AV.

You can however, lose some int and place it in some dex for the faster casting in Tarot.  You don't need to put much though, it should only be about 30 or something.

blackgh05t

Quote from: pcdpcd on Dec 08, 2008, 05:27 AM

If nobody has said it yet, be sure to get at least one whip with a golem card in it.  That way, even if you're under Loki's / CP, you won't have to worry about getting your weapon broken and it going down.
eos
Est. 2008