Snipers - MVPing / PvPing?

Started by gcbancod, Aug 18, 2009, 01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcbancod

What's the best builds for MVP/PVP Snipers?
What cards, equips and preferred stats?

I have a Sniper with 200 dex and agi, using Quad Liberation Compo Bow but my damage on MVP's are just hundreds..

Server info:
Max level - 255/120
Max stats - 200

Thanks!

Relics

First off, quad liberation is bad.

For example, Eddga:
Race: Brute
Prop: Fire

With quad liberation the damage modifier becomes 1+(0.25*4) = 2 .. this is because 1 abysmal = 0.25 so starting from 1, 1 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25.

Modifiers multiply when you mix them with other cards such as racial or property. For eddga these cards are vadon, 20% more on fire, and goblin, 20% more on brute.

The best combo would then be two abysmals 1 vadon 1 goblin for a total of:
1.5 (two abyss) * 1.2 * 1.2 = 2.16
You should check and see which cards you need for what MvP you are trying to solo.. given you have enough money to have enough bows and/or being able to switch cards around.

Some MvP's also have loads and loads of def which really cripples the damage you do as a sniper. If you can get your hands on a thanatos card use it for MvPs with defence higher than ~25.
If you don't have a thanatos, you might wanna go sharp shoot + bragi and the appropriate build, or just go for melee crits (at this point consider going WS if you really want to solo-MvP)

Sarin

People usually don't make specific weapon to each MvP, since AK cards aren't usually so frequent. Mostly they add Minorous card to weapon, since 99% of MvPs are large.

Snipers have for PvM option to use Archer card combo (Cruiser, anolian, Aligator, Merman, Dragon Tail), in my experience it works great, stat bonuses are comparable to what you'd get from cards in those slots if noty using combo, and adds great +20% damage to long range attacks and +10% crit damage. I'd recommend going crit on those rates anyway, lots of MvPs have tough skin.

Statwise (with full selfbuffs): max dex in multiplies of 10, agi just to get max aspd, what is left goes to luk. I'm not sure how it is with stats on your server and anytime it goes over 99 it's tricky, but you might want to use one card slot in weapon on Drosera card (+15 crit if in bow class weap).

Just for example, on 99/70 I made a crit sniper-75 crit, 186 aspd, crit damage 1500-2000 depending on elemental affinity of monster. I'm sure that on 255 server, you can do much better.

Relics

Yeah.. but this is a lvl 255/120, shouldn't be that hard to get an abysmal there.

gcbancod

@Sarin
Why does stats needs to be multiples of 10? How does it calculated?

@Relics yes, I'll be using AK's since it's easy to get..

Sarin

Dex need to be. Other don't matter. But DEX is your primary ATK modifier with bow, and you get atk bonus in multiplies of 10.

Jaded Honor

MVPing as a sniper, you will need all the damage you can get. I don't normal use a different bow for each mvp, but I can see haw that could be advantageous. For myself, grab a +10 TBB composite bow all the demi-human reduction you can, and teliport the hell out of Bio3. If your smart, a sniper can solo there.