Question About My Clowns Build / Items, Whats wrong!

Started by Tsukiiko, Oct 06, 2008, 12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsukiiko

I'm currently on Legend RO a 13/13/10 I believe rate server. My char is a arrow vulcan / tarrot card clown lvl 97/66 who seems to be having problems in PvP.

My stats are 99dex/99vit/13int

For items I have.

2X nimble clip
Valks Armor (Rybio Card)
Tidal Shoes (Verit)
The matching to tidal shoes muffler for the 10% HP boost (raydric card)
Feather beret
Crainial valks shield
double bloody double boned violin
binoculars
romantic flower =D

I'm sitting un-buffed at 11.7k hp, and 151 dex with improv conc going

But for some ungodly reason I have a VERY hard time if not near impossible time killing most the people on my server unless they are severely undergeared it seems my arrow vulcans either hit for 13k or 1.3k ..... its quite frustrating!! Whats wrong! Help me OUT! Thanks  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

fluidin

Nothing is wrong, just that whoever told you Arrow Vulcan is a reliable skill to kill enemies is wrong.

Why the hell do you even expect AV to do good damage on enemies with decent gears and DEF?
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

blackgh05t

^Go youtube the Mirai video, and watch to see how many times you see Maestoso arrow vulcan's people.  You can probably count them on one hand.

You're must more useful as support.
eos
Est. 2008

Sarin

Right. AV is skill with limited usefulness, only when enemy is frozen/stonecursed to double the damage with elemental arrows, or for finishing off enemies after they get "death" tarot (coma).

Chimichanga

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure triple bloody boned > double bloody double boned. If not try getting a 2slotted korean mandolin and slot turtle general+hydra or hydra+skele worker. ALso, combo your melodic strikes with VA since VA has a really bad delay.

bleu

Default setting. Skill Weapon Damage is reduced by 40% in WOE. So, instead of the usual 1200% attack damage, in WOE it deals 720% raw attack damage (not considering the demi human reduction gears of players).

Normal WOE Players
1. Beret/Poo Poo Hata 10% demi human reduction
2. Cranial 30% demi human reduction
3. Raydric 20% reduction from neutral attack

Thats another 48% reduction (remember these are just common WOE gears - nothing too fancy)
And it has not even considered the Hard DEF of the players which could reduce damage by another 30% or more depending on their gears/overupgrade.

Therefore, you should not expect that normal players in WOE will drop dead with only one AV like in monsters when u are levelling or even a pvp match.

You could add a bit more damage with
Alice Doll Hat[1] 10% more damage against Demi Humans
Masquerade 3% more damage aginst Demi Humans
Bow Thimble [1]
Glove of Orleans [1] - a bit more dex

It all depends on how much zeny you have, how comfortable are u (u prefer more attack or more defense gears or perhaps you are comfortable enough to switch gears using battlemode), do u need to achieve any Stat Bonus- 150DEX is nice... but 151 DEX err... dont see any major benefits there. btw whats with the Rybio card on a Valk Armor?

Sarin

cut off the raydric, clown using neutral arrows just sucks. But AV isn't one-shot against most players anyway. It's a good "finishing move" after certain conditions tho.

jowight

so you are saying that a clown is only for support? how can they kill?

Cielte

I'm not sure if this counts as necromancing..

When they said "few lines down" They didn't mean this far, by the way.

Quote from: Kozua Nekiem on Mar 05, 2009, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure if this counts as necromancing..
small off topic clarification here:

topic resurrection is okay to a degree, if its something like a job discussion topic with a point then its fine, if its just resurrecting a year old review to say "this server sucks" then no no