Do crit cards such as The Paper work for Sharp Shooting?

Started by chinkyeyes, Mar 28, 2010, 07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chinkyeyes

the title pretty much explains it I'm just wondering if SS uses Crit Damage..? and if it does will it work with cards like The Paper, Mobster, Assaulter etc.

Sarin

Tande

http://www.agharta.info  Agharta Dev - for your mapping and scripting needs

http://www.project-deimos.com  Project Deimos - an upcoming roleplaying server.

Majinken Souga

Quote from: RateMyServer Skill DescriptionArrow attack that will affect every enemy in a 3 cell wide corridor along its flight path up to its maximum range of 14 cells. The corridor is a straight line between the caster and its target.
If the target is closer than 14 cells, the corridor will continue up to its full length. It affects all enemies along this path with an increased ATK (by 50% per SkillLV) and a +20 bonus to CRIT.

If this skill does not crit, then what's with the +20 bonus? ???
The only way to save Modern TV: burn it in a pile, then burn the ashes, then compress and burn those ashes, then sprinkle it with holy water, then send the result into a black hole and never see it again.

Orange

:3

CookieEater

Sharp Shooting and Shadow Slash are the only skills that Crit. Or they're supposed to anyway, I hear a lot that they don't work. Especially Shadow Slash seems not to work as intended.
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

Sarin

From my experience, while Sharpshooting crits, it is not displayed as critical hit, the only way to recognize crit is by damage. That might be a source of some such reports.

Relics

hmm, i'll defo test this on eAthena, sounds interesting

chinkyeyes

I always used Paper cards on my SS builds but I was never really 100% sure if they worked but I didn't really bother to check because it was only for PvM. Now that I'm making a sniper for PvP I'm wondering if I should still use these cards :P

CookieEater

Quote from: Sarin on Mar 29, 2010, 05:46 AM
From my experience, while Sharpshooting crits, it is not displayed as critical hit, the only way to recognize crit is by damage. That might be a source of some such reports.
Yeah, I think that Sharp Shooting works as intended on most servers. Shadow Slash... can't remember if that one's ever worked for me on any server I played Ninja.

chinkyeyes

wow thank you so much for testing it out and confirming Relics :D

CookieEater

...I would kinda prefer two screen-shots where you're wearing gear to compare, not one with gear and one without.

Relics

what difference would it make for me to wear an empty bucket hat, clips, sunnies and shoes.

Oh, yea the +10 bow vs +0 bow.. for an extra 20 atk will really make a 17k damage difference with ~199 dex ;[

I though it was obvious enough that anyone could deduct that 0 paper cards vs 5*4 paper cards would make a notable difference, thus concluding that paper card indeed works with sharp shooting.

CookieEater