Leveling Hunter. Hunting Sniper

Started by Mathy, May 10, 2010, 01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathy

I need a PvM Hunter build to level fast. Auto-blitz or DS? Can't decide XD
Then as a Sniper, I've no idea what to do. I don't want to WoE, just MvP and hunt items.

What are the best sets for these? Never played PvM hunter, but I should try to speed up my hunting.
Also, this is for a 5/5/5 server with 3x for MvP/castle loots and very few people, so no uber gears or stuff from strong boss monsters.

Sarin

What you ask is actually old good 99 dex agi, rest int build, focused on DS.

As for equip, there are a few variations, either archer card combo with elemental bows, autocaster with Double bond, or if you have sage for endowing, Orc Archer Bow..essentially you're focusing on dex to get it to 150 and agi.

Mathy

And not a single change once I become a Sniper? A bit of luck for falcon attacks and criticals won't be more useful than full dex?

Orange

I don't know what gear you're using but this is generally what a hunter should have
Zerom cards in any accessories you can get
Apple o' archer
Pantie/undershirt combo(if you can manage to get them slotted dragon tail and porcellio card are great)
Any shoes with matyr card
OAB/carded comp bow
Landing 140 dex as a hunter is fine, as a sniper I usually go 150 with true sight, 9x agi and then it depends what you're doing but theres minimal difference after that.

I usually level at anolians with DS if I can get a gale bow with drainliar card/4x drainliar card comp bow as they drop brooch[1] and oridecon and are fast exp, if you can take on anubis they're great exp to.

As a sniper levelling I usually go to ninetails at around 80 and sharp shoot(2 shot them with a good bow) there isn't really much gear you change, try to get slotted black leather boots and if your server has them dragon mant/armor

If theres grape juice sold in shops you might as well go full dex/agi then remaining points in vit str(for weight) or luk
Luk is unneeded to MvP

What level are you, is there resets and how much can you hunt gear?
:3

Mathy

I haven't started leveling the novice yet, focusing on the TU Priest (dual client available).
There are no resets available but I can hunt anything fine as long as I can kill the monster with the Hunter (I don't get bored easily. Spent 3 weeks in Ant Hell, can spend 3 weeks wherever I need).
No Grape Juice in shops. There's a quest for juices in Payon, isn't it?
Also, isn't the Merman card combo (http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=item_db&comid=25)  interesting for a Hunter?

Thanks for the help so far :D

Orange

Quote from: Mathy on May 10, 2010, 09:47 PM
I haven't started leveling the novice yet, focusing on the TU Priest (dual client available).
There are no resets available but I can hunt anything fine as long as I can kill the monster with the Hunter (I don't get bored easily. Spent 3 weeks in Ant Hell, can spend 3 weeks wherever I need).
No Grape Juice in shops. There's a quest for juices in Payon, isn't it?
Also, isn't the Merman card combo (http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=item_db&comid=25)  interesting for a Hunter?

Thanks for the help so far :D
It's not really worth making grape juice for leveling purposes, the time you spend on it doesn't boost your exp gain enough to cover for what you could of gotten, the merman card combo is the archer set Sarin mentioned.
Try to get the gear I mentioned, pantie/undershirt will be easy and I don't know what level hunters can kill pasanas, i usually go at 70+ but that's on higher rates, and it's usually easy by then
AoA/zeroms are from weak mobs but will take awhile to get, and you should get a brooch or 2 by time you 99 as hunter if you go anolians, depending on luck of course.
:3

Habuka

If your going to make a sniper: I always start going full str and vit when starting out as an archer untell I start getting my bow skills because it's not really worth it right off the bat. Once you have some of your bow skills, get a bow and head to payon with some fire arrows and use a concentration potion (Priests buffs are good too). Well leveling there, pick up the drops and sell them in a shop. Go to the armour shop in prontera and get the basic armour set. Head back to payon and level up a bit more. Once you are strong enough, head to pay_dun01. Well there, focus on killing the skeleton archers to try and get the apple of archer headgear. Once you get that, keep on leveling and buying better gears whenever you can. Other then that, you should be able to go to the normal leveling maps for most classes and level (If you keep buying better gears and getting better cards). Good luck.
I Is Warned

Kaezar

With not-so-high rates and no grape juice in shops, I actually prefer getting a bit of luck for autoblitz instead of DS spamming. /nc and it's lazy mode!

Mathy

Someone lent my Wizard an AoA and my Assassin an undershirt+pantie combo a few months ago. I can transfer them to the Hunter. And for leveling, I'll try Anubis auto-leeching once I hit 89.

Also, str and vit for PvM archer=waste.

So, Int 9, agi/dex 99 and luk?

ore0s

99 agi, 40 int, 60+ dex and rest into luk should do if you really really want to just have fun while hunting.  If you have a buff slave, then just get around 20 luk or so.  If you want to not have fun, go 99 dex/agi and start Double Strafing stuff and going back to town to heal.

Mathy

No Healer in town and no @warp >.>
I do have a FS Priest that I can get to follow myself, though.

ore0s

Definitely go BB build then.  You could probably google a competent BB build or just listen to me and get 99 AGI, 83 DEX, 20 LUK, and 40 int.  Haven't applied any bonuses so I'm not really sure how much dex/luk/int you should get.  I know you don't need that much LUK/INT though because going any higher than 40 INT is not going to help you that much and since you can Gloria yourself, LUK isn't a problem.  As for how you should distribute your stats, I recommend balancing your DEX and AGI first then max AGI, keep DEX around 60 and put into INT/LUK and finish DEX.

skytotoro

90 agi, 9x dex (to multiple of 10) 3x int DS build.

Mathy

1-Get a falcon even if I'm not getting luck?
2-What traps to get?
3-Get Beast Bane?