RO Writing Section Open to Everybody

Started by yC, Aug 29, 2008, 03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yC

Well sadly it's September and everyone is going to be busy with school once again T_T. I wish I could release this sooner for best result, I was just a little bit too lazy/busy to get this done until now.

Anyway, what am I talking about? For the impatient people can just click here. I am pleased to announce that RMS finally could use some help from everybody. Instead of always the same few people doing the work behind, I have created this sub-section for users to submit RO related writings. Basically, any writings about quests, character classes, leveling, PvPing, WoEing, game controlling, or newbie handbook are all welcome. This is different from the RO wiki because each writing only has one author. Also our staff will have to approve each piece of writing before it shows up on the site. Each writing is governed by the Writer's Guidelines. A piece of writing will not be approved without following the guidelines, especially the image requirement. You must upload all images used in the writing to our site. This requirement is to ensure images are kept by us to avoid them going expire on third party hosts.

To add the fuel to this project, a sponsor link and graphic representation is allowed on each piece of writing (details here). The link/graphic is totally under the control of the writer, as long as it is allowed by the Writer's Guidelines. While this might be an attractive feature, please keep in mind that only quality writing (use images and links whenever possible) and original content will be approved.

If all of that sounds good, the start button is right here -> Start Now!

On a side note, here is an update for the MyAniGamer.Com opening event, the winner has been awarded and you can see the results at the site's RPG group section. (It haven't changed much after the event expired >_>.)

Okay so the link to the writing section will be linked from the left menu as beta. Hopefully it will get some interesting writings. An example would be JJJ's Rachel Ice Necklace Quest, that's some quality work.

P.S. Someone's birthday is coming up on September 1st, let's give him a birthday beat :P

-yC

Zone

1st!
Let's see some good Guides!
Is the request function working?

yC

Your thanato quest is still blank :P, guess you going to give up on that.

lol great now that its open to the public ima need to start writing more faster >.>

Wyvern Court

This is actually a really fun idea, i'll give props to the idealists for this one definatly.

It's creative and fun. If its OK, I might add a similar section on my upcoming RO servers forum for my players? That is if I can hy-jac the base of your idea XD

Stephiroth

I hope my Hwiz guide is published :D   ;D
Cold as ice.

Zone

Quote from: yC on Aug 29, 2008, 02:34 PM
Your thanato quest is still blank :P, guess you going to give up on that.
I will have to get a group of people once we are done beta testing Oni-RO.

Stephiroth

Can someone publish my guide qq ! (I am Dark Orcale  ::)
Cold as ice.

yC

Quote from: Stephiroth on Aug 31, 2008, 08:35 AM

Yes we are looking at that actually, I was just being picky and want to add some item/monster linking on the content to make it better (kicking jjj to help me with that, he's a moderator there btw).  You'll see it out there soon.  Thank you for your help.

heyyyyy DX
i told you i'd help you with it today ={
and i DID! until i had to go out that is ^^;;;

bleu

Is the writer able to edit the guide once its published?

Stephiroth

Quote from: yC on Aug 31, 2008, 08:25 PM
Quote from: Stephiroth on Aug 31, 2008, 08:35 AM

Yes we are looking at that actually, I was just being picky and want to add some item/monster linking on the content to make it better (kicking jjj to help me with that, he's a moderator there btw).  You'll see it out there soon.  Thank you for your help.
Ah cool i just saw it , thanks for adding the links , i never thought about that xD. I hope people enjoy my guide , took a lot of time uploading all those images and typing it ! xD
Cold as ice.

Shaelyn

sorry I didn't quite know where to go to send this.  if I got this wrong, will someone please point me in the right direction?

I'm having a bit of trouble with my guide.  I'm trying to get The Auction House System guide by Shaelyn-Viriatha up for review.  I was done with it and saved it, and it seemed to be fine.  I submitted it for review, and when I glanced down at what submitted, I noticed a huge chunk of the guide from the bottom was missing.  I went back in to edit my guide, and sure enough it seemed to have disappeared.  I put what was missing back in and tried to save it, and when I did so, all that saved was about the first quarter of the review, and the rest of it disappeared. 
At least I have a skeleton guide saved in wordpad, and the images are already uploaded and should still be there, so it won't be *too* hard to restore...but I'm figuring at this point if I try to, I may lose the whole thing again - I'm afraid working around this and resubmitting won't work.

I'm going to try again...but in the meantime, any insight?  /sob

EDIT:  it may just be my internet connection crapping out as I try to save...twice in a row /pif

at this point, I have the whole guide back up and saved, and the status is set to "pending review" - but I need to know if I need to resubmit it for review.
~Shae

yC

it's published now, you can see it on the site under the categories you checked or on the latest 5 for now. 

hmm i never knew they finished the auction house.

Shaelyn

~Shae