Another Site Update

Started by yC, May 19, 2007, 01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yC

Yep, just usual update to the Item Database, Monster Database and Map Database.  I believe 97% of the information are coming from eAthena, only very little are from Freya (or now Aurora).  Because I want to include as much information as possible and eA was slower than Freya in this case.  That includes the Nameless Island & Abbey Dungeon stuff.  Those are fairly new, please treat them as preview only.  Other areas info like Thors Volcano and Veins are mostly from eA, they aren't that new anyway.

There were also very minor update to the Misc and Creation Database.  Nothing really changed other than more arrow from arrow crafting (on certain items), more items from obb ovb etc boxes and more monsters from dead / bloody branches.

I am trying a different table layout this time, removing the right column on item and mob pages so they could load faster.  You will also notice the mob database is now a lot more informative.  I used the extra spaces to put in infomation such as flee, hit, attack speed, skill analysis etc.  Let me know if you like these changes or not.  If you experience any weird behavior with the site, please first try refreshing the page.

As always, if you spot any error, please let me know by contacting me in the forum or email me at admin [at] ratemyserver [dot] net.

Thank you for your support,

yC

Cait

hahah! Last night i clicked on a monster and the tables were switched to the new style! I thought I was goin nuts!

But I REALLY Like the new style!!

Esp. how it says:
(for example)

gef_fild03(30)
- Geffen Field
prt_fild10(70)
- Prontera Field

the number of em on that map right on the monster info... so i know to go to prt_fild10 if im lookin for those!!!

Great job! Your site is the best!

Jayne Cobb

the new layout is very nice. Keep up the good work :D

holysilent

i like the style BUt i can find the map of the mobs and got no time to search. Its a good work of you keep this page up to date but i just use the mob mapso pls make a link to it can you?

thx for all you good job keep like that.

yC

Quote from: holysilent on May 19, 2007, 05:28 PM
i like the style BUt i can find the map of the mobs and got no time to search. Its a good work of you keep this page up to date but i just use the mob mapso pls make a link to it can you?

thx for all you good job keep like that.

mob map? if you click on the map name you will get the mob map pop up like before ... if you mean that one.  Otherwise i dont understand which one you mean.

Glenn

Prop's to that Glenn guy for all his wonderful Ideas.

Oh and to yC for implimenting them.
<3 yC

Seriously yC; I love you. It's everything I've always dreamed of.

Oh and I think the guy is just used to having the map names on the bottom of the screen. They are listed vertically next to the mob picture, listed under "On Maps"
-- Ragna-Retired --

holysilent

when i said "i can´t find mop map" its coz there is no link down "on maps". I try to refrech the page but... no link sorry if i bother, but i don´t know what to do and that can also be happening to many other.

pls give me a clue... what to do... 

yC

just mouseover (put ur mouse cursor on top of) the map name and you will see it's a clickable link ... for example, this one:

http://ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1405

you see in the box for "On Map" there is "ama_dun03" ? just click on "ama_dun03" and you will get the popup map.  If it doesn't give you the popup window, try refresh the page and click again.

gottaluvme2841

There are some mob changes with hp, skills and such which has not been added to the site.

http://ro.doddlercon.com/wiki/index.php?title=Monster_Changes

eAthena has applied these changes it seems, maybe not all of them yet.

holysilent

nop there is none but i guess i have to try look the hard way map by map....

XD

thx for all.

gottaluvme2841

Also, while checking for mob changes. You might want to be careful with some changes, mainly spawns. I'm using eAthena's latest Trunk SVN and there are some mob spawn errors. So be careful with mob spawn changes if any.

yC

holysilents, let me know what broswer are you using ok?

Gottaluvme, just to let you know i take the eA files (and a little of freya) and do a batch update.  It is not my best interest to update every single monster by hand one by one ...

for ur mob spawn error, can you be more specific? thanks.

gottaluvme2841

Sure. I have 3 examples.

About 60 Nine Tails spawns in Pay_fild11 (The one with Eddga I believe).
5 Skoguls and some few Frus spawns in Odin_1.
A bunch of loose slave spawns independently in Odin_2 and very quickly too. (Usually around the bridge area).

I guess the monster changes of eAthena didn't make it to the batch unfortunately, guess we'll have to wait for that. x.x

Wyvern

I think I get the same problem as holysilent, it dosen't tell me where a monster is on a map when I check on a specific monster. Here's an image showing what I mean:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/SacredPhoenix/RateMyserver-OnMaps2.jpg

I'm using Internet Explorer v.7

And also, nice update, I like it. =P

~Remia

Glenn

Here's what I see, using Opera internet browser

-- Ragna-Retired --