TU(Turn Undead) Priest

Started by Phantasma, Jul 04, 2010, 10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathy

OMG
I'm just saying that YOU SAID LOW INT HIGH LUK BEFORE. This would cost you WAY TOO MUCH SP.
QuoteThank you for pointing out that int gives you SP, and then contradicting yourself with saying heal takes up too much SP.
With small int, it does cost you SP. No contradiction. YOU are contradicting yourself in that build. You said high luk and dex and low int. But the int is higher than luk now. I'm not dumb, I saw what you did there.
QuoteYou're the only person I've ever seen say that agi is valuable in a TU build, so congratulations, you've just won the fail award of the year. Since we're using the word fail in this debate as much as we have.
Grats on being blind. Seen lots of agi TU priests.
QuoteLex D is an essential part of any priest build, be it FS, TU or ME. So, once again, way to fail in understanding how to build a priest. I've had nine years to perfect a build for a priest, how about you?
Again, the delay will make you lose too much time. I have LexD, but I don't use it anymore. Happy? You use it? Oh, maybe that's why you fail.
QuoteP.S.: Still wasn't proper English.
It doesn't matter what language I speak, I bet you won't understand.

Aurora™

Oh, excuse me for making a typo in a post. I guess that means I fail. Clearly, if someone is providing you proof, that's what they meant.

Anyways. I guess if all of the people I know who've been playing as long as I have have never used agi, I fail. But then again, what do I know?

Lex Divina (Skill ID# 76)
[search monster with Lex Divina]
Type    Active    Max Lv    10   
SP Cost   LV 1-5 20; LV 6-10 30-2*SkillLV    Target   Enemy   Range   5 cells
Duration   30*(100-TargetVIT)/100 sec of Silence    
Requirements   (May vary for different classes, view skill by classes is recommended)
Ruwach Level 1
Required For   Lex Aeterna (L5), Turn Undead (L3), Meditatio (L5 High Priest).
Cast Time   Instant
After Cast Delay   3 sec

OH, LAWD JESUS. ACD OF 3 SECONDS, WHAT ON EARTH AM I GOING TO DO?

As the holy scripture of Descent 1:42 says:

QuoteYou think that Pikachu + Batman is funny. I don't understand why you're talking about others failing. You clearly are a loser in your own right.

Mathy

That's the same ACD as TU. It's annoying. And it's high. If you want to kill REALLY fast, don't use it.
Oh, and sorry if you find it funny. It was the first pic I came across searching for an avatar to put there.

Aurora™

ACD of 3 is nothing, on any server. Having AGI isn't going to change the ACD anymore than DEX will, and like I said, anyone who really knows how to play the priest class will be able to effectively heal themselves and/or teleport, which, as I've experienced many times, will suffice as decent-paced leveling.

As opposed to an ACD of 6 (resurrection). In which case, then, I wouldn't recommend using if you don't know how to play a priest.

Mathy

Dex WON'T affect ACD and NEITHER will agi and I NEVER said that. But during 3 secs you can't heal/teleport. And during theses seconds it's better to just dodge. Taking damage means more time healing and more chances of dying.

Aurora™

I just said dex wouldn't affect it. Thanks.

Oh, yeah. And about the order of importance comment you decided to edit in, when in the hell did I say they had an order of importance? Quit trying to make your argument sound any different by attempting to make me look bad, kiddo. It won't work.

Wanting to be able to dodge is a personal preference. All I'm saying is that having agi as a part of a TU build is just silly, and if you have the right gear, as well as, as I said, have the anubis silenced, your chance of dying, unless you just suck, is very minimal. You still have high chances, no matter how much the chances may have dropped, to die with agi as a part of your build.

Mathy

Quote from: Aurora™ on Jul 06, 2010, 11:41 PM
I just said dex wouldn't affect it. Thanks.

Oh, yeah. And about the order of importance comment you decided to edit it, when in the hell did I say they had an order of importance? Quit trying to make your argument sound any different by attempting to make me look bad, kiddo. It won't work.

Wanting to be able to dodge is a personal preference. All I'm saying is that having agi as a part of a TU build is just silly, and if you have the right gear, as well as, as I said, have the anubis silenced, your chance of dying, unless you just suck, is very minimal. You still have high chances, no matter how much the chances may have dropped, to die with agi as a part of your build.
Sucking does not change the chances of his SB coming out. But you suck already if you spent 3 secs waiting after you silence them, when a build I just showed you doesn't need LexD.

And BTW, here's you talking about order of importance:
Quote100% TU would be straight dex/vit/luk/int, with a low amount of int, moderate amount of vit, and a high amount of dex and luk.

Aurora™

If he's silenced, he can't use SB, genious.

Also, like I said, builds are preference, and my idea of a good preference is my build, which is also a build commonly shared with people who know how to effectively level a priest. AGI, once again, is silly.

Involving how much of something doesn't represent an order of importance.

What would represent an order of importance would either using numbers or letters, just as an example, since we're reverting back to fifth grade writing skills.

Mathy

Quote from: Aurora™ on Jul 06, 2010, 11:45 PM
If he's silenced, he can't use SB, genious.
QuoteSucking does not change the chances of his SB coming out. But you suck already if you spent 3 secs waiting after you silence them, when a build I just showed you doesn't need LexD.
What I said here is, in other words: "I'd rather save 3 seconds and risk myself for 5% chance of getting hit from his SB, which happens with a quite low chance, than using LexD."
Genious.
Learn how to read.

Staying on topic, I'd like the TC to test both builds and tell us which one he prefers.

Aurora™

Well, since you just stated the same thing, simply worded differently, I guess I am a genius. Still standing, he can't use SB if he's silenced. Read what you're saying, yourself.

Quote"I'd rather save 3 seconds and risk myself for 5% chance of getting hit from his SB, which happens with a quite low chance."

There is no chance if he's silenced.

Also, this debate is on topic, just saying.

And like I said. I'm getting pretty tired of repeating myself, it's all preference, as you also pretty much said. "I'd rather have," being the keyword in what you had said.

You'd rather have agi and dodge, which, to me, is just plain dumb, and I'd rather have int/dex/luk, which, to me, is as old-school as it gets, seeing as that's what was used back in the day on official servers, and most low-rates that resemble the officials.

With that being said, I'm sure the OP has their own preference, and will create their own build based on the different views given in this topic, as well as by doing some research of their own, as they already said they may do.

Mathy

QuoteThere is no chance if he's silenced.
But there is a waste of 3 seconds to silence him. Read it again and stop acting like you are stupid or something. I said that I'd rather save those 3 seconds for another TU because the chances of getting hit by SB are small already with an agi build, almost zero, so there's no reason to lose those 3 seconds, and since you build for fast killing, your own build fails at it, because it requires LexD to reduce his chances of SBing.
And "stating the same thing, simply worded differently" is EXACTLY what I did there. Why? Because apparently you just understand stuff after I repeat it for 4~10 times, eh? Congratulations on getting the meaning of the expresion "in other words", which I used. It means to repeat what you already said with different words so another person, like you, can understand it. Because apparently you won't.

BTW, I play a low rate that's close to officials. Everyone goes agi TU build.

Aurora™

To correct you, you stated it twice. Once, and then again re-worded. I understood it the first time, and didn't change my response to it.

Once f***, dodging for those three seconds, that is not nearly enough time to die from, unless, like I said, you just suck, like you're claiming I do, is a preference. If you don't understand what that word means, look it up, because that's pretty much the end of my argument there.

It takes me about 15-25 minutes to get a level using that build in my 80s on a 1x/1x/1x server, and TU usually instant kills, with me only having to hit him twice on a minimal basis. So, to be perfectly honest, seeing as TU completely depends on int/luk, with agi in the mix, it would take about the same amount of time, probably a few minutes longer than my own build, but pretty quick nonetheless. However, you still miss out on vit and a few points in int, which is why, to me, it's silly.

So, since I'm finding myself repeating myself, since, as you said it,"Because apparently you just understand stuff after I repeat it for 4~10 times, eh?"

So, I'm opt'ing out of this argument. It's going no where, and you're still failing. Like I said, the OP will probably do whatever is most comfortable for them.

BTW: I play officials. Everyone doesn't use agi TU builds.

Green

As a Dex/Agi/Int gypsy, I can tell you his SB hits more than I'd like it to, and harder than I'd like it to.

But hey, it's your exp loss if you die.

I wonder about the prefered server rates of both build makers here.
And they were already stated.

I was too busy hiding my "you fail" in a post to notice.
'Cause apparently saying it out plain isn't allowed.
For me, atleast.
*looks pointedly at the rest of the posts*

Mathy

Oh, sucky officials.
You say it's a preference but then you call my build dumb and silly? Way to go knowing what your own words mean.
I suck? If anyone sucks here is you, who can't understand anything.
You say you understood it the first time. Okay, but your responses were always WAY off what I said. So I try to reword it, and you still don't understand. I meant to say that I don't need LexD, which, after 20 anubis, saves me ONE MINUTE, you start talking about how it's needed for every priest build. I say I don't worry too much about SB even if I don't silence him, you say he'll never SB when he's silenced. You repeat yourself, your own dumb mistakes and you sometimes repeat what I just said. Anyone reading this will get my point.
In short, I'm sorry but you fail at TU priesting.

@Green: Offensive blessing and he never really hits that skill. Gypsies can't do it, no wonder you get hit.

Aurora™

Mathy and his grammatically incorrect responses aside.

Yeah, I've always noticed that about my sins and rogues, but then again, melee classes I definitely do fail at playing, even though I'm pretty decent at build-making, in general. I'm also bad at choosing melee gears. /cut

But as for server rates, I prefer low-rates and more official-like servers for leveling, and actually taking pride in my characters. I can get into MRs and HRs, though. Less skill required and less time thinking about real builds, but still fun.

But like I said, I'm also an official server player, or was, as of yesterday. hategravity