OS-ing the Angel inca of morroc (NO BUFFS): possible but how? (no mvp stuff)

Started by Leamee, Mar 16, 2011, 06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leamee

Hey guys,

I'm playing less and less because I'm reading up on champ and a friend of mine says that he dishes out the most painful asura of the server. He can do 400K on the valk incarnation of morroc without mvp stuff. He wanted to show me his asura but didn't share his equips OR stats.
This is on a regular serv, mvp card .05%, no fancy stuff around and level 99/70.
Here's what I know:
-He told me that his stats were very carefully thought and that he had int and str multipliers - no points wasted
-He also said that his build is str-based
-He only needs 1.7K sp to OS valk but I don't know if you need more to do 400K
-He doesn't use MVP or mini bosses cards
-He uses morpheus shawl + orle uniform (no card) + valk shoes w/ sohee for his build
-He says that variant shoes are no good for his build because he needs the int from the valk shoes
-He uses luna kaleet & +9 LBW with 3 AK cards (IMO that's bad, he could do more with 2AK + strouf)

Equips -from what he told me-:
Morpheus shawl
red minstrel hat
incubus x 2
pirate dagger
valk shoes w/ sohee
orle uni or valk armor

According to him the "secret" lies in the accessories, he does use cards in his accessories but he won't tell me which ones.
He recommended the morpheus combo as starting gear or morpheus shawl + his stuff+ 2 vesper cores.
Till recently, he used vesper cores 02.

He doesn't seem to be using food or other weird buffs and he doesn't DA. I went thru the list of accessories and I'm dumbfounded.
I'd like to say that he's lying but I'll probably be able to get him to show me his asura and screenshot. In any case on a 99.70 serv when you're not a GM (and even if you are) there aren't a thousand ways to improve asura dmg.

I'll try to think hard about this and find a way to os valk without buffs (apart from bless agi from his champ) but this sounds impossible.
Anyone cares to suggest a method?

Edit: he's been camping Lady Tanee for a while now but he doesn't have her card. He didn't tell me which MVP he was camping but I read up on the topic and Lady Tanee is the only viable MVP card for champ.

XicoR4

Your champ friend is either wrong or misleading you on some accounts:

- iirc, str goes in multiples of 10, dex and luk in multiples of 5, but int doesn't have to go in any multiples for sp, every 1 int = 1% more max sp.
- Valk shoes do not give sp or int bonuses to Champs, variant shoes are better for asura (besides you get more hp too).
- Strouf wouldn't affect your damage on that specific angel since it's a Shadow Angel (Only one on the game, I think :O), you should use a Santa Poring card.
- Only way he can do 400k, assuming there's no customs or @stats, is either by using a Gloom Under Night card (which basically doubles your damage) or using an Owl Baron card for the lex aeterna (which isn't really pratical at 3% chance to cast while you're being hit).

There's one possible way to one shot the Angel here:
http://calcx.wushuang.ws/?caDbLbibKabaebqbbacuiaapojaFaFawaaljhdTaaaaaakWeYd7dWuRlfc7tpgHlHaanMbNnMbNjehaajkkfffffaabkkaaaaaaflfaaah5aabadaaaaaaafaacaaHadaa
You can probably improve it a bit by changing some gears around.
As it is now however, it relies on you having a stat enchanted orlean's robe and using level 3 str and level 5 dex foods (Both easily obtainable from the lunakaligo) + boxes of resentment (Obtainable from raydric archer card). You also get rather bad cast times, even though it's unbreakable (it gets worse if the Angel Incarnation decides to use screen wide slow cast, which they do often).

Sarin

He's messing with you.

Valk shoes or Sohee card don't give any INT. He is using Variants for sure. And 400k is impossible without other charater's buffs, most likely full int Gypsy doing the SP song, and Clown with Bragi so he does not have to bother with DEX.

I've seen Randgris killed in two Asuras, but that was from guy running 6 clients at once-Champ, WS, Pala, HP, Clown, Gypsy.

Leamee

Thanks a lot for the stat simulation. Actually I have a screenshot of a champ's equips on the serv (not the liar but a pro player):
Okay, well he did give me some useful advice I guess. He said that he uses a bragi clown in order to OS Valk faster and he also mentioned a dancer doing the SP song. Apparently just having them singing in the city and then tp-ing is enough, I've seen people do it before. Is that true? Moreover, conveniently enough, he didn't show me his asura dmg and that's iffy IMO.
And apart from diabolus ring, there isn't a single accessory in the game that's not way imba that could increase asura damage. Even variant shoes are super imba given that nobody sells them. Satan Morroc drops are buyable but forget about the variant shoes.

I guess I shouldn't have bought vesper core 01 or morpheus set, but as I don't have 2 diabolus rings yet, it's not such a bad option. I only managed to drop one so far (my LK's DPS totally sucks right now, dropped a strouf card but I don't think it'll help enough, I'll end up sacrificing some str for luk in order to score more crits on the ghost).

By the way, does anyone know how to safely asura an angel inca morroc? I have a friend whose sister is able to do that but I didn't manage to talk to said sister tonight so I don't know how she does it. I eat 30K each time I go near the thing.

Edit 2: Here's what a "pro champ's equips" look like on our serv:

diabolus robe enchanted dex+3, I'd have gone for orle uniform + OG or orle uniform for cast time myself but the guy probably uses like 6 chars at the same time.
I have another screenshot that's basically a perfect copy of this one so I won't bother posting it.

That said, what would be good "basic" equips for a champ? I'll never get variant shoes.
I guess that morpheus shawl isn't that bad. My friend uses sohee + morpheus + diablos rings with mantis and the same hat/ sunglasses and he manages to 2-shot the angels I think (w/out santa poring which is bad since we have a deslotter)

mahawirasd

at your rates, get either a sohee shoes or a +9 firelock shoes.

well at least that prochamp makes more sense than your friends (as the other ppl above have stated)

oh and really make a +10 lunakaleet.

oh and get tons of dex so that unless the valk pulses you you should be quite safe.

Plus personally i prefer +7 stone buckler than valk shield for an alice...

-w-

Leamee

Thanks a lot for the advice. His equips do make sense, you're right. I'll drop sohee card tonight since I got the 2 diablos rings. I'll need to re-drop luna kaleets which is a shame but 7% drop chance could be worse. Alice will be harder to get as nobody sells it right now. Since Dring is worth at least 10m I might farm ghost incas to make money. Stone buckler should be relatively easy to get too, and yeah, it's better than a valk shield, at least for the incarnations I'd say. So will 99 dex work? My friend only has 80. I'll ask her how she does it but maxing out dex makes perfect sense. My main problem would be leveling right now. Looks like I got some farming to do.

ncotcemo

Leamee

lolilol one-sentence answers to gain zeny don't help. IF you had read the thread you would have noticed that I mentioned lady tanee but that at official-like drop rates (0.05% MVP cards) it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to get the darn card. Also, this topic is outdated.