Champion Build

Started by Ascalon, Feb 17, 2009, 06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ascalon

Like i wrote, playing on a 99/70 server which allow you to make slotted sunglasses, MVP and miniboss cards arent playable for their drop (> 0.04). Everything is done with RODE RO Calculator.

Stat:

Str 71+19
Agi 17+15
Vit 70+8
Int 24+18
Dex 90+30
Luk 2+3

HP 13.7k
SP 842

Equip:

Stunner +6 2x Hydra
Feather Beret +4
Sunny w/ Gibbet
Flu Mask (:P)
Silk Robe +7 w/ Evil Druid
Orleans Plate +7 w/ Thara Frog
Wool Scarf +7 w/ Noxious
Tidal Shoes +7 w/ Green Ferus
2x Orleans Golve w/ Zerom

DEF 38
MDEF 22

Switchable equips:
+8 Chain 3x Marina
+6 Wool Scard w/Frilldora
+4 Drooping Cat
Rosary w/ Smokie (but i dont use it so often >_>)

Now, may someone can say "vit whore" and well, thats it. I hate when i kill myself by Asura, mostly on Pally.
So, i need another weap? Idk, like a Chain [3] w/ 1x Hydra and 2 Andre? O_O Just for deal less damage and survive my own Asura. I've lowered STR too for that purpose.

I want to do woe with this build, so please dont refer to PvP. I should change something? Advice are welcome ^__^

bleu

Just wondering, could u fill in a bit more details about the WOE situation on your server?

Which class kills you often or targets you?
Does your guild/alliance have Creators or anyone else to take down Pally effectively?
What are your main roles in WOE? Have you been assigned to take down any particular class or person?

What's your Asura Damage or FO Damage like on someone who is geared normally for WOE? Well, that "someone" is a person/class you will normally target.

Sarin

Hmmmh. While I have no personal experience with champ, I've played with and against several good ones so I know a bit...

Why the hell agi? Those points would be better spent in vit or int...but the build looks kinda screwed to me. Too low str, and if you want more sp they are better taken from equip, not int. I'd suggest build like this (in total numbers): Str 120, dex 120+, rest vit. You're a champ, learn how to use frilldora and snap to avoid damage, not take it. You won't need f. beret in that case, ulle will be much better. Trade green ferus for verit, and those sunglasses...either Vanberk to free up more points to vit or some sp card.

Asura on LK/Pally is plain stupid, you are taking chances with it while there are safer ways. Asura is not the only champ skill, learn to use other too.

Ascalon

Quote from: bleu on Feb 17, 2009, 07:12 PM
Just wondering, could u fill in a bit more details about the WOE situation on your server?

Which class kills you often or targets you?
Does your guild/alliance have Creators or anyone else to take down Pally effectively?
What are your main roles in WOE? Have you been assigned to take down any particular class or person?

What's your Asura Damage or FO Damage like on someone who is geared normally for WOE? Well, that "someone" is a person/class you will normally target.

Yeah, im sorry, i've forgot a lot of things >_<

So, first players which target me are Profs... Dispell > Champion. Then all the rest.
Need to mention Sinx, which are mostly SB based, just someone put some agi to deal 1/2 hit then SB.

No, my guild dont have Creators, but Pally are the last to be killed (sometimes they die by Devo).

For my role, when we are attacking im used to snap-->cloack-->asura on wiz/prof. But most of the time i will die cause Devo/Reflect. Otherwise, i need to kill everyone is near my party (we try to stay togheter most of the time o.ò).
When we are defending, i stay mostly near our wiz/prof for Absorb enemy Champs and take care of Sinx; sometimes im empguard.

Need to say i havent tried this build yet, i was woeing with 110 str, 110 dex, 50~ vit and more reduction due to valk shield and rosary [1]. So i dont know the exact damage; in my "previous" build on pally w/ cranial, immune and beret, Asura damage was 20k w/o weap, about 35k w/ weap; this if i remember well, but dont forget it was in a PvP arena, so damage is lower into castles.
I've lowered STR becouse i thought to deal about 20k (redu come in, from 18k to 24k max) with weapon (into castles); may you say isnt a big damage, hell yeah but its almost to kill most of players, dealing about 3/4 HP to pally so he need to recast Devo.
For FO damage i dont know, i use it rarely. Damaging skill which i use are Asura, Occult and Palm. I need to think about FO, or w/o bragi isnt so effective?

Quote from: Sarin on Feb 17, 2009, 11:05 PM
Hmmmh. While I have no personal experience with champ, I've played with and against several good ones so I know a bit...

Why the hell agi? Those points would be better spent in vit or int...but the build looks kinda screwed to me. Too low str, and if you want more sp they are better taken from equip, not int. I'd suggest build like this (in total numbers): Str 120, dex 120+, rest vit. You're a champ, learn how to use frilldora and snap to avoid damage, not take it. You won't need f. beret in that case, ulle will be much better. Trade green ferus for verit, and those sunglasses...either Vanberk to free up more points to vit or some sp card.

Asura on LK/Pally is plain stupid, you are taking chances with it while there are safer ways. Asura is not the only champ skill, learn to use other too.

A bit of agi for let me re-do a second Palm Push before the enemy take damage from the first :P its quite usefull (sometimes >.>) when you want to slow someone (who dont have any agi) but dealing some damage. Or just 3/4 Palm then Asura :P

For the Green Ferus, you are right, i've made a mistake and i will use Verit instead.

Are you sure i dont need f. beret? There are a lot of Sinx, and linked SB deal about 10/12k~ (converters?) and if you think about valk manteau, i resist a SB and then Asura on Sinx i will die (too low HP left to pots reflect).
And is frustrating when you get stunned by Scream while walking cloacked (vit) :/

About Gibbet, i prefer that cause im not wearing High Fashion, but with it i still have a nice MDEF.

Im putting int just for get some free-sp, nothing more.

Lastly, i know Asura isnt the only Champ skill, but Asura damage cant be compared with damage of others skills.
My order is to kill near enemies or wiz/prof asap, and Asura is the best skill to do it. ;D

Sorry for my english, isnt my native language and i hope its understandable.

CookieEater

Since when does Palm Push Strike have an ASPD-based delay?
B>Positive Karma, /w offers pl0x

fluidin

He probably meant the ACD.

Which means the speed with which the Champion does the action of PPS. Like how you can cast JT faster if you're on a Berserk pot, rmb?
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

CookieEater

Never heard of such a thing, and I've been around for some time so I wonder how I could have missed it...

Sarin

animation is dependant on aspd, that is why. At least I think so.

Ascalon

Quote from: Sarin on Feb 18, 2009, 02:53 PM
animation is dependant on aspd, that is why. At least I think so.

For Cookie, grab a Champ and try to spam Palm Push with 1 agi and then with 99, its a lot faster.

Sarin

Delay is fixed so it has to be aspd affecting animation speed...or server customized.

Ascalon

Quote from: Sarin on Feb 18, 2009, 04:50 PM
Delay is fixed so it has to be aspd affecting animation speed...or server customized.

Nop, server isnt customized. Idk, while i start to see ppls doing Palm Push, it was always aspd-based.

Sarin

Palm push strike has fixed delay of 0.3s. Gonna test it on RMS server later, if it is really about speed of animation.

bleu

1. I think you need to be more selective on who you wanna target. This will become a problem, if you are in a small guild where you don't have many players on or classes available to you. Thus you may be forced to make inefficient choices.

You don't always go Asura a Shield Reflection Pally or any enemies under his/her devotion. There are other classes/strategies which are more suited for this situation. For example: Get a Stalker to Strip the Pally. No Shield, no shield reflection, and many other Pally buffs. You can get a Scholar to Dispel Devotion. How about a Soul Breaker SinX with Ice Pick against a High VIT Pally? (I don't believe that Shield Reflect can bounce the damage of the magic portion of Soul Breaker). Or get a Whitesmith to Break the Armor/Weapon of the enemies using Meltdown. It's unfortunate, you do not have a Creator at your disposal, a Creator will be able to kill a Pally pretty quick.

2. Yes, Asura is a formidable skill. Use it wisely. There may be situations where other skills can be used instead. You don't want to "Overkill" and waste your SP unnecessarily.

Finger Offensive can be a strong attack (based on attack). It can be elemental and cannot be interrupted. U will need High dex to be effective. It does take a bit of time to pull it off. What Armors do people wear? Unfrozen Wind Armor? Then use an VVS Earth weapon to produce maximum damage. At level 5, each Spirit Sphere will do 350% ATK, 5 Spheres = 1,750% ATK- not too bad. You can reduce the cast time with DEX or summoning less Spheres. http://irowiki.org/wiki/Throw_Spirit_Sphere

Just explore other skills/techniques.

3. Your Built and gears. I think you should have more STR. If however, you want to reduce your Asura damage... just drain your SP. Heal a couple of friendly members or buff them. Some vit is good, prevent you from getting stun too easily and other negative status. But SinX with +4 Valk Manteau (A damage reflection of only 13%, should not be enough to kill you). More VIT, more dangerous an Ice Pick can be.

Why don't u have an Unfrozen? Say an Unfrozen Wind? Problem with evil druid is you cannot heal yourself. It's good if you go against Shadow/Poison enemies like SinX. Worth keeping for switching armor. You need to try to Overup some of your gears. For example: Stunner, that's an NPC item (which you can get in large quantities and slot them at about 20% chance) That's not too difficult to Overup right?

No Green Ferus. Get a +9 Tidal Shoe with Firelock Soldier (if you can) +2 STR +10%MaxHP and +10%MaxSP
No Gibbet. Wind Armor will reduce the SG damage considerable. You don't need to worry about MDEF.
No Noxious. Only because you mention you are being targeted by Scholar/SinX with Sonic Blow. A Raydric will be better under those situations. If you say, you are targeted by ranged attackers like a Soul Breaker Sinx, then Noxious is better.
Gangster Mask is a bit better than Flu Mask (Not a big deal anyways). Try for Pirate Knife if your server has one. It was an iRO custom item. But other servers has begin introducing them.

Of course, it depends on what you can afford or availability on your server. Good luck! /bawi

Check this out
http://write.ratemyserver.net/ragnoark-online-character-guides/champion-guide/

edit: Firelock stats  /no1
If what Cookie said about Shield Reflect is true. i.e. only reflects the damage of short ranged melee attacks. Then you can use Finger Offensive. FO is considered long ranged attack.

Sorry, I don't WOE with my Champion, so I haven't come across this situation. What was said is just an observation of Champions who WOE on my server.

CookieEater

To Sarin: If you'd test it I'd be very gratefull. Be sure to tell me the results when/if you do.

To bleu: Shield Reflect works with melee only, so Soul Breaker is always safe as it's ranged. And doesn't Firelock Soldier give +2 Str?

Ascalon

Quote from: bleu on Feb 18, 2009, 07:38 PM
1. I think you need to be more selective on who you wanna target. This will become a problem, if you are in a small guild where you don't have many players on or classes available to you. Thus you may be forced to make inefficient choices.

You don't always go Asura a Shield Reflection Pally or any enemies under his/her devotion. There are other classes/strategies which are more suited for this situation. For example: Get a Stalker to Strip the Pally. No Shield, no shield reflection, and many other Pally buffs. You can get a Scholar to Dispel Devotion. How about a Soul Breaker SinX with Ice Pick against a High VIT Pally? (I don't believe that Shield Reflect can bounce the damage of the magic portion of Soul Breaker). Or get a Whitesmith to Break the Armor/Weapon of the enemies using Meltdown. It's unfortunate, you do not have a Creator at your disposal, a Creator will be able to kill a Pally pretty quick.

Thats it. Most of the time, we are 6/7 against 10~14, but by now we are used to that. And for the pally, he dont have devo active everytime cause there are a couple of them who are in a vit/agi build... giving chaos on the standard precast.

2. Yes, Asura is a formidable skill. Use it wisely. There may be situations where other skills can be used instead. You don't want to "Overkill" and waste your SP unnecessarily.

Finger Offensive can be a strong attack (based on attack). It can be elemental and cannot be interrupted. U will need High dex to be effective. It does take a bit of time to pull it off. What Armors do people wear? Unfrozen Wind Armor? Then use an VVS Earth weapon to produce maximum damage. At level 5, each Spirit Sphere will do 350% ATK, 5 Spheres = 1,750% ATK- not too bad. You can reduce the cast time with DEX or summoning less Spheres. http://irowiki.org/wiki/Throw_Spirit_Sphere

Just explore other skills/techniques.

Thanks for the info, but i know it already. Even if you have just 3 spheres you can cast FO lv 5, which will have cast time of lv 3 but damage of lv 5 :P I was just wondering if FO isnt so effective if you arent on bragi; its a ranged attack so it have a damage reduction more than a melee.
And no, there arent Wind slotted armor, and i dont think anyone will take any.

3. Your Built and gears. I think you should have more STR. If however, you want to reduce your Asura damage... just drain your SP. Heal a couple of friendly members or buff them. Some vit is good, prevent you from getting stun too easily and other negative status. But SinX with +4 Valk Manteau (A damage reflection of only 13%, should not be enough to kill you). More VIT, more dangerous an Ice Pick can be.

Why don't u have an Unfrozen? Say an Unfrozen Wind? Problem with evil druid is you cannot heal yourself. It's good if you go against Shadow/Poison enemies like SinX. Worth keeping for switching armor. You need to try to Overup some of your gears. For example: Stunner, that's an NPC item (which you can get in large quantities and slot them at about 20% chance) That's not too difficult to Overup right?

Yeah, may i need to learn to dont regain full sp after an asura for deal less damage, so high STR can worth it.
Evil Druid, whats with it? HP have to pay attention to HW and Prof mostly. I like that card more than Marc becouse others cant Stone me; i will receive more damage from Fire and Water, but there MDEF comes in ;D (not for melee but rarely ppls use converters).
For valks, who is wearing it have about a +6 upgrade; but the worst part, SB its hard to overpot, then most of the time they kill me if i stay there or i'll try to kill them too (thats the reflect's moment >_>).

No Green Ferus. Get a +9 Tidal Shoe with Firelock Soldier (if you can) +2 STR +10%MaxHP and +10%MaxSP
No Gibbet. Wind Armor will reduce the SG damage considerable. You don't need to worry about MDEF.
No Noxious. Only because you mention you are being targeted by Scholar/SinX with Sonic Blow. A Raydric will be better under those situations. If you say, you are targeted by ranged attackers like a Soul Breaker Sinx, then Noxious is better.
Gangster Mask is a bit better than Flu Mask (Not a big deal anyways). Try for Pirate Knife if your server has one. It was an iRO custom item. But other servers has begin introducing them.

For Green Ferus i made a mistake, wanted to say Verit. +9 Tidal will take a bunch of time, but i dont want to hunt those more (>.>).
As said before, no Wind slotted armor.
Noxious card is just the card which i switch when im hitted by ppls and cant cloak, otherwise Frilldora. But i've chosen Noxious becouse it give an "overall" protection better than Raydric; im not the preferred target for SD Sinx, but when im snapping ranged attacks are more than melee (DS,AD/AB: creas dont spam it, but they know when is the time for throw their pots :P).
And Flu Mask, well its just for estethic, never saw an HP casting Lex Divina.

Edit: quotes.