Champion Asura vs Ghostring card / Deviling card 99/70

Started by makoy, Feb 02, 2017, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makoy

I know these two cards are the worst counter for asura, but i heard that some can still kill even with equipped with either of them.
is it really possible for asura to kill a player wearing one of these or both? assuming that they both have some standard equips for pvp

shadylookin

In general, assuming there are no other properties involve, NO. Asura Strike / Guillotine Fist's property is ALWAYS neutral. Since neutral property can't compete with ghost property, the only way you can counter it is to change the property of the one you're targeting. As for deviling card, NO because of what I've said above. You can counter it by converting your weapon element, either by elem converter or others, and using skills other than Asura (Finger offensive, Holy light(LUL), etc.,)

Zereges

Well, You can. The question most likely is, why should you do that? Deviling is just too strong asura counter on high reductions/high health characters.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Dagsie

Yes, it is possible. But first  clarify by what you mean by standard PVP equip.

makoy

Quote from: shadylookin on Feb 02, 2017, 03:31 PM
In general, assuming there are no other properties involve, NO. Asura Strike / Guillotine Fist's property is ALWAYS neutral. Since neutral property can't compete with ghost property, the only way you can counter it is to change the property of the one you're targeting.

There is a card to counter ghost property right?
Civil servant if memory recalls. like hydra, but for ghost properties.
also turtle general is 20% all. not a standard pvp card but just saying..

Quote from: shadylookin on Feb 02, 2017, 03:31 PM
As for deviling card, NO because of what I've said above. You can counter it by converting your weapon element, either by elem converter or others, and using skills other than Asura (Finger offensive, Holy light(LUL), etc.,)
I thought so.. maybe over upgraded weapon vs deviling only.. haha
BTW, does finger offensive carry elemental converters? i thought they are also neutral?

Quote from: Zereges on Feb 02, 2017, 04:06 PM
Well, You can. The question most likely is, why should you do that? Deviling is just too strong asura counter on high reductions/high health characters.

Just curious since i main a pvp champion on these rates. i tried playing on a 999/100 server that sells all boss cards and did a 999k damage on a player wearing these. haha

Quote from: Dagsie on Feb 02, 2017, 07:09 PM
Yes, it is possible. But first  clarify by what you mean by standard PVP equip.
What i meant by standard pvp equips are just basic items for pvp.
normal monster drops that are not over upgraded. something like +4-6 thief clothes, silk robe, bucklers, etc...
not those high end items like BG set,diablos, nidhog manteaus, variant, etc...

Zereges

Quote from: makoy on Feb 03, 2017, 01:14 AM
There is a card to counter ghost property right?
Civil servant if memory recalls. like hydra, but for ghost properties.
also turtle general is 20% all. not a standard pvp card but just saying..
Civil servant really does increases damage against ghost property monsters, as well as TG does, but it is not counter, it just increases the damage a bit (as compared to another hydra, due to multiplication).

I thought so.. maybe over upgraded weapon vs deviling only.. haha
Over-upgrading won't help you, Deviling reduces damage by 50%, you can't get that back with refining.

BTW, does finger offensive carry elemental converters? i thought they are also neutral?
Yes it does, but still, you can't enchant yourself with ghost element. Any other is good, but you won't be oneshotting them (unless they have really low health and no other reductions).

What i meant by standard pvp equips are just basic items for pvp.
normal monster drops that are not over upgraded. something like +4-6 thief clothes, silk robe, bucklers, etc...
not those high end items like BG set,diablos, nidhog manteaus, variant, etc...
With 10year old equipment, you can't do that. You can get yourself quad freezing mace, froze them (to counter ghost), but you are still facing 50% neutral reduction and possibly another 50% demi reductions.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

makoy

I see. so basically...

Ghostring users can be killed by:
-asura with civil or turtle general cards if hp is low
-changing their element

Deviling users can be killed by:
-spamming finger offensive with converters.
-High Wizards xD

And that's it huh...

Dagsie

Quote from: makoy on Feb 03, 2017, 04:09 AM
I see. so basically...

Ghostring users can be killed by:
-asura with civil or turtle general cards if hp is low
-changing their element

Deviling users can be killed by:
-spamming finger offensive with converters.
-High Wizards xD

And that's it huh...

Hydra does almost the same thing as civil servant/tg, since humans don't change their race. They're still demi-humans. Civil servant will only work when the enemy is wearing ghostring so it's not as viable as hydra/skel worker/turtle general.

Also, if I remember correctly, different card effects stack multiplicatively. So when you add 2 Hydras and 2 TG cards, it doesn't mean that you have 80% bonus dmg on demi-human. It means that your dmg for example is 100. 100x1.4x1.4 = 196, where quadruple bloody would only get you 180.

In the private server I used to play in, champions had to have at least a GR armor and an unfro armor for switching since most people have DMG weapons, and frost weapons.

In addition, it's possible to 1 hit someone as long as you the person wearing gr/devi has low max hp as has already been stated, or if you simply have too much damage. Increasing damage isn't necessarily limited to your weapon and its cards. High upgraded headgears with slots can have a carat card compounded to them, or if high ups aren't present, incubus cards will suffice. D. Rings and Nidhoggr's Proxy Skin Fragment also have moderately high SP bonus.

Lastly, as for 1 hitter champions with Lady Tanee, yes, they can simply one shot you with an Asura Strike.

I guess it all just comes down to how well equipped you are and how much resistance you have.