[Renewal] Sura Hell Gate damage

Started by makoy, Aug 17, 2017, 07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

makoy

Title says it all. because if i remember correctly.

High MaxHP
High Current SP
High Atk
Low Current HP
Will deal the best dmg other than the combo

please clarify the formula (and a sample please..) as I have plans for a MVP/PVP Sura.

Thanks in Advance..

yC

I don't play this class but you might find this piece of code helpful in determining the damage formula.  It's from src/map/battle.c of rAthena:

case SR_GATEOFHELL: {
struct status_data *sstatus = status_get_status_data(src);

ATK_ADD(wd.damage, wd.damage2, sstatus->max_hp - status_get_hp(src));
if(sc && sc->data[SC_COMBO] && sc->data[SC_COMBO]->val1 == SR_FALLENEMPIRE) {
ATK_ADD(wd.damage, wd.damage2, (sstatus->max_sp * (1 + skill_lv * 2 / 10)) + 40 * status_get_lv(src));
} else
ATK_ADD(wd.damage, wd.damage2, (sstatus->sp * (1 + skill_lv * 2 / 10)) + 10 * status_get_lv(src));
}

Corgers

It's been a while, but I recall GoH damage being difficult to test because it's comprised of two parts.

The first part appears to be based purely on your weapon damage and missing HP, and would be the first portion of what yC posted: ATK_ADD(wd.damage, wd.damage2, sstatus->max_hp - status_get_hp(src)). That portion is forced neutral, increases by 1 per 1 missing HP, is reduced by Ghostring, and ignores reduction effects including racial reduction and the WoE modifier.

The second part is based on your ATK and SP, is amplified by comboing, and would be the second portion of what yC posted. Assuming you're not comboing, the damage formula is: ATK_ADD(wd.damage, wd.damage2, (sstatus->sp * (1 + skill_lv * 2 / 10)) + 10 * status_get_lv(src)) - increasing by 3 per SP used. That portion acts like a regular physical skill, and can be reduced by the target's defense, racial reduction, etc.

Join CorgiRO! A fresh server with Multi-Classing + Daily Quests!
[color=blue]Our RMS Introduction![/color]
Watch Our Video! [color=pink](ft. LilyPichu)[/color]
Visit: Our Website | Forum | Facebook | Discord

makoy

On simpler terms. Should this be?

Quote from: Corgers on Aug 17, 2017, 11:33 PM
The first part appears to be based purely on your weapon damage and missing HP, and would be the first portion of what yC posted: ATK_ADD(wd.damage, wd.damage2, sstatus->max_hp - status_get_hp(src)). That portion is forced neutral, increases by 1 per 1 missing HP, is reduced by Ghostring, and ignores reduction effects including racial reduction and the WoE modifier.
First part is
(wd.damage,wd.damage2) = Weapon or over all attack?
Maxhp - status_get_hp = Current HP

This is pure as it ignores reductions except gr?

Quote from: Corgers on Aug 17, 2017, 11:33 PM
Assuming you're not comboing, the damage formula is:
ATK_ADD(wd.damage, wd.damage2, (sstatus->sp * (1 + skill_lv * 2 / 10)) + 10 * status_get_lv(src)) - increasing by 3 per SP used.

Second part is:
(wd.damage,wd.damage2,) = Weapon or over all attack?
(sstatus->sp*(1+skill_lv*0.2) = SP modifier if im right?
10*status_get_lvl = Based from Base Level? max dmg should get 1750?
- increasing 3 per sp = minus 3 dmg per sp used?

Adding both means the total damage?
im not sure if thats what you meant by it..

on a side note.
just saw iro wiki saying
Damage (ATK) = [Base_Damage × (BaseLv ÷ 100)]% + Bonus_Damage
wherein Bonus_Damage = (User_MaxHP − User_CurrentHP) + (User_SP × SP_Modifier) + (BaseLv × 10)
The bonus damage here is the pure one which ignores external reductions
and SP_Modifier =  ( 1+(SkillLv x 0.2) )

can someone enlighten me on this too..??

Corgers

You're on the right track. I would tend to believe the source code rather than iRO's Wiki (which is usually simplified and not as detailed), though the iRO Wiki appears to be just adding what's shown in the code.

I believe wd.damage is the attack power of your main hand, and wd.damage2 is the attack power of the offhand. Both are influenced by your attack stats.

The first part is pure and ignores reduction except for GR.

What you have for the second part seems correct.

makoy

Quote from: Corgers on Aug 22, 2017, 03:19 PM
I believe wd.damage is the attack power of your main hand, and wd.damage2 is the attack power of the offhand. Both are influenced by your attack stats.
The first part is pure and ignores reduction except for GR.
Then that would mean
wd.damage = over all attack
wd.damage2 = zero because its a shield.
which would also mean that getting STR have some effect on it.

but then again
iro Bonus_Damage = (User_MaxHP − User_CurrentHP) + (User_SP × SP_Modifier) + (BaseLv × 10)
which tackles that int/sp also affects GoH

Quote from: Corgers on Aug 22, 2017, 03:19 PM
What you have for the second part seems correct.
but on the second part:
minus increasing by 3 per SP used.

means that high sp decreases damage?

Corgers

For the first part, STR and weapon attack both affect GoH damage. The iRO Wiki separates out weapon attack and lumps both the HP and SP components into the "bonus damage" category. In practical terms, iRO's description is correct if the HP-based damage is added to (and not multiplied by) your attack-based damage. But it's also misleading because it suggests "bonus damage" affects the target in the same way - it doesn't because of what I mentioned in my first post re: reductions.

For the second part, higher current SP increases damage because damage increases by 3 for every SP point you have. The way I worded it before ("per SP used") may have been confusing.

Hope that helps!

makoy

Quote from: Corgers on Aug 23, 2017, 02:25 PM
For the second part, higher current SP increases damage because damage increases by 3 for every SP point you have.
meaning 1 SP= 3 damage?

Then simplifying:
Attack + (MaxHP - Current HP) is the first part - forced neutral and ignores reductions

While on the 2nd part:
Attack + ( CurrentSP? * (1 + Skill Lv * 0.2) + (1750) ) - increasing by 3 damage per SP used.
assuming you are maxed = 1750 being 10 * 175 base lvl

Adding both damage will result to the GoH Damage?

Corgers

That looks correct, assuming "attack" is simply added. That's the one part of the formula I'm not sure about, and iRO suggests that's modified by your baselevel/100. The 3 damage per SP assumes GoH level 10, which makes the second part (CurrentSP * 3 + 1750).

makoy

Thanks for the clarifications man. I appreciated the help /no1

Corgers