Stalker Rant

Started by Hell if I know, Aug 10, 2016, 01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hell if I know

WARNING, THIS IS A RANT THREAD. If you can't take it leave now.

TRANS IS f*** STUPID.

EVERYONE gets some kind of damage boost or reduction except for stalkers. Every class has that one big damage skill to go with in trans and stalkers get f*** all.

Lord Knight > Spiral Pierce, Concentration, Parry
Paladin > Sacrifice, Shield Chain
Priest > Assumptio, Basilica, Meditatio
Champion > 30% more sp for asura damage, ability to spam asura and throw spirit spheres faster, ability to push out of SW.
Whitesmith > Ability to break armor, Cart Termination
Creator > Don't even get me started
Clown/Gypsy > Arrow vulcan, Tarot Card
Sniper > Falcon Assault, True Sight
High Wizard > 50% more matk out of their donkey
Professor > Double cast, memorize, sp burn
Assassin Cross > See "Creator"
Stalker > LOL WE GET TO ACTUALLY KEEP A ROGUE SKILL THAT WAS OTHERWISE NEARLY USELESS, TO DO THINGS OTHER CLASSES DO BUT WITHOUT ANY OF THEIR DAMAGE BOOSTS. PRESERVE SHOULD BE A ROGUE SKILL. STALKERS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO COPY TRANS SKILLS. FULL STRIP HAS LOWER SUCCESS RATE THAN SINGLE STRIP SO THANKS FOR f*** ALL. The only decent thing is Chase Walk, except it leaves f*** footprints. And if you even try to mention Reject Sword i'm going to laugh in your face. Virtually no one uses swords or daggers in pvp (IT SHOULD WORK WITH KATARS AND DOUBLE DAGGERS TOO. WHY THE f*** DOESNT IT WORK AGAINST DUAL WIELDING?) not to mention its impossible to get a decent skill tree with it. Stalkers are also the class that needs more skills points the most, with prof being a close second. Meanwhile creator and champ are like LOL GET EVERYTHING. Stalker are also the only class that does not benefit from Bragi unless we copy something, and for that, see above.

snakeside

What server are you playing on? 99/70 server?

What are you using your stalker for?

Zereges

First of all, you are complaining about stalker being useless and you did not even specified server specifications, equipment availability or even if you want to use it in PVP or PVM.

Stalker, in my opinion, is not high DPS class in PVM, but can be quite supporting. One tactic in bio lab3 uses stalker to snatch unneeded mobs. 3 people (7 chars) can do about 40m/h exp on 1/1 rates.

On the other hand, in PVP, stalker can be used in various ways, because, you probably forget, YOU CAN HAVE IMMUNITY TO DISPELL, ZOMMG.

When I say "No improvement", I mean no improvement with exception to increased HP/SP pool, stat points and skill points, obviously.

Quote from: Hell if I know on Aug 10, 2016, 01:07 AM
Lord Knight > Spiral Pierce, Concentration, Parry
Big improvement in PVM tanking and damage.
Maybe usable in PVP.

Paladin > Sacrifice, Shield Chain
No real improvement over crusader in PVM, unless you have infinity potions, since shield boomerang is way to go as.
No improvement in PVP

Priest > Assumptio, Basilica, Meditatio
Basilica is one of few skills, that are close to being completely useless.
Assumptio + Meditatio is great improvement in PVM
No improvement in PVP

Champion > 30% more sp for asura damage, ability to spam asura and throw spirit spheres faster, ability to push out of SW.
Not quite improvement in MVP, little improvement in PVM.
Quite good improvement in PVP.

Whitesmith > Ability to break armor, Cart Termination
Big improvement in PVM.
Altought the class has ability to break armor, it's still not very usable (does not work with CT, you have to be at close range, you have little to no survivability and you are useless)

Creator > Don't even get me started
Great improvement in MVP (both AD and FCP), no improvement in PVM (since you use homunculus anyway)
Great great improvement in PVP.

Clown/Gypsy > Arrow vulcan, Tarot Card
Great improvement in PVM (Vulcan)
Quite improvement in PVP (Tarot)

Sniper > Falcon Assault, True Sight, (you forget Sharp shoot)
Great great improvement in PVM and MVP (True sight, Sharp Shoot).
Quite an improvement in PVP

High Wizard > 50% more matk out of their donkey
Little improvement in PVM (depends on situation)
Little improvement in PVP (Amplify for SG, MS is used without it anyway)

Professor > Double cast, memorize, sp burn
Great improvement in PVM (both as support - Soul change ; and as dps - double cast)
Little to no improvement in PVM.

Assassin Cross > See "Creator"
Quite an improvement in PVM/MVP (if you can afford it)
Great great improvement in PVP.

Stalker > LOL WE GET TO ACTUALLY KEEP A ROGUE SKILL THAT WAS OTHERWISE NEARLY USELESS, TO DO THINGS OTHER CLASSES DO BUT WITHOUT ANY OF THEIR DAMAGE BOOSTS. PRESERVE SHOULD BE A ROGUE SKILL. STALKERS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO COPY TRANS SKILLS. FULL STRIP HAS LOWER SUCCESS RATE THAN SINGLE STRIP SO THANKS FOR f*** ALL. The only decent thing is Chase Walk, except it leaves f*** footprints. And if you even try to mention Reject Sword i'm going to laugh in your face. Virtually no one uses swords or daggers in pvp (IT SHOULD WORK WITH KATARS AND DOUBLE DAGGERS TOO. WHY THE f*** DOESNT IT WORK AGAINST DUAL WIELDING?) not to mention its impossible to get a decent skill tree with it. Stalkers are also the class that needs more skills points the most, with prof being a close second. Meanwhile creator and champ are like LOL GET EVERYTHING. Stalker are also the only class that does not benefit from Bragi unless we copy something, and for that, see above.
Do not copy useless skill. Plagraism is useless, unless you have preserve. With it, it's usable.
Preserve makes you immune to Flying kick's link dispell.
Idea to copy transcended skills would be interesting, but quite OP (AD with chase walk and immunity to dispell?)
Full strip has lower chance, but strips everything and does not have cast time. Also, against low dex targets, you need just few tries to be successful
Reject Sword is useless in PVP. Some guilds use Reject sword to reflect MVPs.

Creator does not have everything at all.
In PVM, you want SPP (which is something you want in party PVM like ET), AD, FCP (you are doomed already, FCP is lvl4 only), Homunculus (Affordable with FCP at lvl1, which is useless), Plant Cultivation (Can be omitted if you have second creator as Plant cultivation guy).
In PVP, it's easy (but SPP creators do not have AD at all and instead have Potion Research, because why not), since homunculuses are not available in WoE. They are in BG and for that, you are doomed. Nor has champion in PVP, since you want Decrease agi (thus you dont have your, "get away from Safety wall", which is BTW useless, since in most PVP maps you have imumunity to knockback)

Bragis are useless also for Whitesmith (Repair weapon is affected) and SB SinXes (in PVP environment)

Also
You get +16 str bonus as stalker with link and chase walk
You can have your copied skill saved via Preserve
You are completely immune to dispell (as is Soul Linker) with Preserve.
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Kensei

I hope this a troll thread.

SekaiPT

No class has the versatility of stalker

Stalker can
Full Strip
Can copy sg for freeze
An combo sg with elemental sword for freezelock combo
Once their frost their dead to stalker
and if they wear marc/ED/DEtale just strip them

If they fcp u just w8 them out of it

If ur in Woe and want to kill pepole change job

If u want a mad recaller copy fsk and go recall ur whole guild while moving out of danger super easy

Bowling bash stalker is viable to(but requires a brain to)

Stalker is a debuffer class and  one of the best ones at it

Raikon

Sounds like you'd like Shadow Chaser  /ok

Kris

I have main'd the stalker class for years and I am probably the best stalker on mid rate RO

With that being said, I can assure you if you build it right, stalkers can be fatal
2k21 Return

Zereges

Quote from: Kris on Aug 11, 2016, 08:31 AM
I have main'd the stalker class for years and I am probably the best stalker on mid rate RO

With that being said, I can assure you if you build it right, stalkers can be fatal
Where can I find if I am the second best stalker?
Player of Phoenix Fury, Pestilence & Ekirei.

Tree of Savior: Zereges (Falconeer-Mergen-Ranger)

Ragnarok break now.
My EndlessTower Video

WoW (Drak'Thul): Zere, Shadow Priest, <Panta Rheî> (offline too)

My Anime List
My StackExchange

Kris

Quote from: Zereges on Aug 11, 2016, 09:15 AM
Where can I find if I am the second best stalker?

fight me and I'll tell you

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
2k21 Return

meaman654

Quote from: Kris on Aug 11, 2016, 02:00 PM
fight me and I'll tell you

#Kris2k16Fite
*Grabs popcorn*

Zereges is spot on the topic. And I've seen Kris' stalker in PvP and is scary good with it.

A linked stalker can almost have no counter if you know how to play with your items and cards.