SBk vs EDP

Started by Glenn, Mar 23, 2007, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

I'm currently trying to decide how i will allocate my build when my sin transcends. I just want to hear what people have to say about the skills. I'm on a low drop rate(3x) low population server, so Deadly Poison Bottles aren't too fun to make.(But, I would be willing to hunt them, as i already hunt for acid/bomb bottles for my Creator >_>)

Please give me wich one you like and why.

And if you choose EDP say whether you prefer crit/2dagger/ normal(SB) (Though I know all can work well with it, and could probably go hybrid to utilize all of them, I wanna know wich you like doing better.)

Also if you give suggested equipment, please don't give any MVP/miniboss cards, I AM on a 3x drop.

Soul Breaker(Soul Destoryer) vs Enchant Deadly Poison
-- Ragna-Retired --

arkaith

There is really no good reason that you can't have both.

I consider myself a Sin whenever I would play. It's the only class I really felt comfortable with.

I am not a big fan of Meteor Assault, because I think there are more important things to use points on. I usually have the minimum in MA, just for spam fun in pvp.

I play agi-less Soul Breaker/Sonic Blow builds, so for me, EDP and SBk play an equally important part. SBk can deal (or at least used to, as I know the formula was changed semi-recently) a decent enough chunk of damage to one-hit an average player, without wasting as much time and cast delay as Sonic Blow. Also the fact that it's ranged helps for when you don't want to be upfront with an enemy. SB with EDP is generally the main weapon though.

If you are playing a sin and not investing in EDP, I think you're using the wrong class, IMHO.

This information is based on how the skills and items were a year or so ago, as I have not really played much since then. But I don't think they changed that much to make this a worthless build. I'd still risk wasted hours by making the same build, granted I ever play again.

Glenn

Well Pure SBk doesnt get EDP, and MA is actually quite useful in combination with(spam at the emp ftw)

And Hybrids are mediocre at both, id wrather be good at one. (Though you could argue that you get str for SBk, I usually focus on the int half though. As i dont have an aresenal of mummy cards.)

Theres no resetting here what so ever here either, so I'm gonna pretty much stick to one or the other.
-- Ragna-Retired --

arkaith

You don't necessarily have to be a hybrid and be mediocre at both.

You can focus on one, and be very strong at one, and mediocre at the other.

And I know that EDP doesn't apply to the SBk, but unless you're going to be a full time SBk/MA build, you should have enough points for EDP.. and anything other than said build will be using EDP, because at some point or another, you'll benefit from the damage bonus when using anything other than SBk or MA.

Spamming MA on the emp can only mean you're a defensive unit, otherwise -would- have EDP, and you'd be more focusing on damage to the emp than status'ing attackers.. and from a defensive point of view, I think it's more effective to take the eliminate-one-by-one strategy than to annoy mass groups of attackers.

Just my thoughts, but of course it's up to you.

And anyway, regarding Mummy cards, with the right SB/SBk build you'll have enough dex from having very low agi to hit without the aid of cards.

Glenn

I know how each build is set up, I don't need a lecture.

Both have potential to 1~2 hit classes; I'm asking wich one is more ease of use and convience with its strengths. Personally I really don't want to hunt EDP bottles. I'm also assuming I won't be reaching Job level 70 in the neer future, skill point alocations in mind. Regarding my reference to mummy's would be im trying to maximaze damage. Therefor I wouldn't want to sacrifice much points into dex, though arguably I wouldn't need to as there are rarely any agi chars, besides well... other sins. I digress.

Cost effectiveness vs. ease of use(including bottle hunting) vs. dmg output
-- Ragna-Retired --

arkaith

In all my years of playing, I have rarely ever seen a good SBk sin. They were all mediocre, probably because the skill itself isn't designed to be excellent, compared to other skills.

My final thoughts are that a SinX without EDP (regardless of whether or not they actually go out and hunt the bottles) is a waste of time.

SBk and MA are maxed, and you'll be at job level 50. What are you going to spend the rest on.

Glenn

I have a build that has potential to reach 12~14k, with lex thats uhh pretty deadly.

I also doubt i will have the patience to get past j60. Though I could sacrifice some other skills, like only getting cloaking 2 or something(or was it 3?).

Also I personally would't get MA with SBk; MA is affected by EDP and is pretty much only good in that aspect. (because status and +% cards dont affect it, only ATK cards and buffs) MA without EDP is also just pointless.

Let's here some other people opinions, clearly your an EDPr for life. Would like to hear from someone who prehaps likes SBk to put up a defence. >_>
-- Ragna-Retired --

arkaith

Well I like SBk too, lol. It was my third-dary skill. But it's been changed since then. Now if you dare use an Infiltrator to SBk you'll look like a fool, because the 50% damage from the katar won't pass onto it.

My primary skill used to be, yeah get ready for it... Venom Knives! EDPd Knives (used to) slay like no one's business. But they also changed. =(

I'm lucky I don't play anymore, my favorite build is useless now. Lol.

(Sonic Blow was my most damaging assault, but I usually only used it if I needed to.)

Glenn

It's a shame nobody else has replied, If i know it owulda been us 2 i woulda just used the chat thingy Lol. Ihope more people replay soon, I dont feel like leveling it until I know for sure what I'm gonna do.

Need opinions people~
-- Ragna-Retired --

ClothoX

first of all, does SB = Sonic Blow or Soul Breaker? I am really confused. 

@arkaith

Sonic Blow + EDP is a cheap trick in my opinion.  EDP bottles are a pain to hunt in a 3x rate in the first place. This build is only good for woe and pvp, not for lvling/hunting at all. Depending on how you use your sinx, although overpowering, has its distinct weakness and expensive to afford.  Putting Sonic Blow with Soul Breaker is very smart, but Soul Breaker has 3 sec delay with no agi (unless, of course, your server do not have delay) Again, very pvp/woe thinking style. 

This build however have critical weakness as well, first of all, to have decent damage in both sonic blow and soul breaker, the build need a sufficient amount of str and int.  (If you put no int, and let the magic portion of soul breaker render useless, might as well not have it in the first place.)  Also, you need sufficient amount of dex to hit.  Thus...making the defense close to 0.  Although it is a very strong offensive tactic, it is also easy to destroy with sufficient amount of tanking.  (Unless of course you have phree card which will supply some vit)

Sonic blow + edp is like an outright asura, i see no point in such thing other than in woe.  However, it seems with gears such powerful attack can't even kill a priest in one hit.  People has come around to that, and for a sinx, if you can't destroy them, they destroy you.

I personally like 2 dag, and i like to switch my weap between katar and dag just to mess ppl up.  Also i can utilize it in hunting.  However, 2 dag is hard to manage sometimes, although ppl say katar and dag don't mix.  But whoever said I use katar to crit?  :P

Glenn

SBk = soul breaker  SB = sonic blow

Thanks for your insite ClothoX

Though arguably you -could- level with grimtooth EDP in juperos quite easily. Realistically you dont really need defence either if you have an arsenal of reducers either.

Nornal attacking is kinda pointless with all the random 'status when attacked' cards out there, IMO anyways. Though personally I prefer double dagger for hunting and emp breaking. Double Daggers make great Hybrid sins, but right now i want a purist.

Oh if anyone knows can EDP be dispelled? I'd assume so.

/gg Looking forward to more replys.
-- Ragna-Retired --

Ephron

whats a good build for SBk? i heard INT plays a factor in the damage?

mayuresh

erm d damage is complexly calculated...int plays a role in dat damage...also str ...
Exiled Player..... Exiled Life.... Exiled Servers...

Search for new serves never get over... Thirst is never quenched...

Current Server
NoobFuryRagnarok   /gg

The Champs Are Ment To Rule The Kingdoms of Midgard....

Glenn

Its based on Int and Atk ten calculate in def for the physical half, and reducers for both halfs. A good SBK can hit 12k~14k WITHOUT lex aterna. Thats on max level and stat 99 of course. From personal experience INT helps more, ATK does help signifigantly but the hard part is raising it in conjuction with your hit because it can miss.

Damage on a "hit" = (INT*5*SkillLv + Random(500~1000)) * ((Cranial+Poo)*Immune (if any))
+ (((ATK*SkillLv)*(100-Enemy DEF) - Enemy VIT) * ((Cranial+Poo)*Immune (if any)))* (Elemental Modifier)
Damage on a "miss" = [INT*5*SkillLv + Random(500~1000)]*[(Cranial+Poo)*Immune (if any)]

INT part
-The base damage follows the formula: [(INT * 5 * Skill Level) + Random(500~1000)].
-Never misses. This is what gives SD it's "it never misses!" aspect.
-Is non-elemental. No, not Neutral, but "non-elemental" meaning it is 100% unaffected by element of the target. This means that it will do 100% to Ghost element.
-Because of the way it is coded, Immune(Raydric Card) DOES affect this portion.
-It is affected by Thara Frog Card, Horn Card and Poo.
-Is not affected by MDEF, Maya Card or GTB.
-Is not affected by any +% Damage Cards such as Vadon, Hydra, Skel Worker, Turtle General, etc.

ATK part
-The base damage follows the formula: [(Total ATK - Left Hand Weapon's ATK) * Skill Level]
-Can miss, depending on your hit and your target's flee, just like a normal attack.
-Takes on the elemental property of your weapon (if you are dual weilding it takes on the element of the Right Hand).
-Is affected by target's DEF and VIT.
-Is affected by all cards affecting any normal attack's damage (Immune, Cranial, Horn, Poo)
-Applies any defense-bypassing weapons such as Ice Pick or Combat Knife. -Ice Pick's damage mods apply as well.
-s not affected by any +% Damage Cards such as Vadon, Hydra, Skel Worker, Turtle General, etc.
-ote that +ATK from any weapon Cards do apply, even if other parts of the card do not. Skel Worker's +15% on Medium does not apply, but it's +5 ATK does.

-- Ragna-Retired --

Ephron

how would you rate this SD build

STR 91 = 120

INT 90 = 100

DEX 40 = 60

VIT 37 = 40

Equips: Poo Poo Hat, Masquerade, Oxygen Mask, Immune Manteau, Ring of Muscle (2 Pcs.), High Level Boots, Any Carded Armor, +4 Ice Pick, +7~+10 Sabre [Zipper Bear*3] [3], +9~+10 Blade [Zipper Bear*4] [4]